• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
VR experts can correct me, but i'd think VRR would be unsuited to VR games — you really need a constant high framerate on a display with low persistence to avoid nausea.
Yes, that's true.
But maybe they were thinking about VRSS, or variable rate super sampling, which the 1070 does not have. Either way, Alyx can't use it, VRSS is exclusive for DX11 games (at least for now) and Alyx is Vulkan.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
I was totally prepared to try and jump at this tomorrow, but than I realized I need to wait for the rtx 3080 to launch first before I can play Half Life anyways...so hopefully they come back in stock in another 6 months or so :/

The system requirements are pretty lenient; a 1060/RX580 is stated in the minimum required specs. If you have something that is in between that and a 2080 Ti currently you should be fine!

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
So, what's the most assured way to be prepared? I have my AMEX connected and I know the price won't cause an issue.

Just doing this from the Steam application and refreshing a bunch in 12 minutes, or what?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If I have headset/controller do I need the base station?
Vive base stations will work, but if you don't have those or the Index ones, you will need to buy them.

I believe these will work on the Index base stations, but if you don't want to mount them on your wall (and I don't suggest doing so), I'd go for tripods. I use these for my Vive base stations and they are great.

I use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MFG14ZT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can definitely recommend them. They're very easy to put away too.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting since November to buy the standalone headset. I was able to slip in an order on the controllers when they briefly went in stock in December.

Man, I hope the headset goes on sale and that I snag one!

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Vive base stations will work, but if you don't have those or the Index ones, you will need to buy them.

I believe these will work on the Index base stations, but if you don't want to mount them on your wall (and I don't suggest doing so), I'd go for tripods. I use these for my Vive base stations and they are great.

I use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MFG14ZT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But 2 is not required? So if I use one of my friends vive base station I'm good?

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017

Thanks for this. I never really thought about tripods and didn't want to wall mount them.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
You can use the Index or Vive with 1 base station. You may just run into occlusion problems if you turn around or bring the controllers behind your back. This is why 2 are recommended. You can use either Vive or Index base stations with the Index.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
I see the green "Order" button, they should be up. Good luck to those trying to get one!

For my Steam Client it says "Ships in 5 to 7 weeks." I'm assuming it's the same for everyone but just thought I'd add that.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Took me like 10+ tries just to get my controller order in. Interestingly, I immediately got a order confirmation without any other prompts. I guess it was worth making sure I entered and saved a working payment method last night (or maybe I got a backorder? Fuck)

Oct 25, 2017
New York
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

fUUUUUUU

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
I don't understand. Steam immediately went to 'ordered' status but I didnt have to enter my personal info?

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Getting " There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance. " when trying to put in my shipping details :(

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
" There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance. "

fuuuuuuuuuck

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
cMN3oNC.png

Oof. 2 months...

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
I hit Order and it says "ordered" but i never had any sort of transaction or payment promots. It says shipping in 2 to 4 weeks. Is it actually ordered or is it glitched?

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it (successfully) but:

"
Ships in 5 to 7 weeks.
"

lol.

edit: just gonna cancel. I'll watch a twitch stream or something.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Mine said ships in 2 weeks but I can't complete the order at the moment. Not sure if I'm fucked or not.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I got an email saying I have an order but I can't finish the order via their website.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
In the span of three minutes, my order time on the buy page (For the full kit) changed from "Ships in 5 to 7 weeks." to "Ships in 6 to 8 weeks."

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
So, to clarify, if it says "Ordered" and has a shipping estimate (measured in weeks), then it worked, as a backorder? It will ask for my payment information at a later date? Is that how this works?