• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird how little I care about anything Valve does at this point

I only really liked them because of L4D but holy shit, what a wasted dev

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I have to respect the straight forward honesty. Thank you for forcing gamers to control their speculation.

Still hyped for Half-Life Alyx, I hope we see more games like that from them if it does well.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Video game players: 2020 IS GONNA BE CRAZY!

2020:

- Every video game is delayed
- Crunch culture will continue
- Left 4 Dead 3 isn't in the works at all

- But here's a PS5 logo

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Pretty strong denial, but...are we just going to forget the decade plus of Half-Life denials, un-denials, and vague hinting?

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
L4D is my least favorite Valve game by far. Hopefully they're working on more Half-Life/Portal style stuff beyond Alyx.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
That's just what someone would say who was working on Left 4 Dead 3 and didn't want us to know. I see right through you Valve.

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if Valve could talk just a *little* bit more about Half-Life Alyx. You know, that one game that is real and is theoretically coming out in 2 months?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame they just let a populer IP like that die. It is Valve, though.
Just because they aren't working on L4D3 right now doesn't mean it's dead. Half Life Alyx is the first Half Life game in 12 years and it took almost 10 years before they released Team Fortress 2 after announcing it.
You do realize that Valve only has around 350 employees right? They're smaller than many big AAA studios and not only are they working on a AAA VR single player game but there's a lot of other projects they work on like the Steam client and features, Dota 2, Dota Underlords, CSGO, TF2, Steam OS, hardware and more. With the way Valve works most of their employees are probably focused on Alyx right now (even the ones who primarily work on other projects are likely helping out on Alyx). After Alyx comes out I imagine many of those employees are going to move on to another big VR game since people who spend hundreds or a thousand dollars on VR equipment are going to want more software.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
👏 Stop 👏 believing👏 VNN 👏

Why though? This just confirms information he previously talked about for L4D3 (that it was cancelled several years ago). A lot of people misinterpreted his tweet to think that L4D3 is their next game, and while he probably should have been more clear about what he was talking about his previously reported on L4D3 that's not really his fault.

finalflame, who's posted in this thread, previously worked for Valve and has said in the past that Tyler is pretty credible.

HiImNewGuy

Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Aw man. I'd love a new lfd2. But zombies have been so overused, maybe it'd be best to wait another half decade to try to reintroduce them

MajorB

Apr 18, 2018
People who shit on Tyler in the year 2020 don't pay attention to his reporting, only hearsay as it gets filtered through social media and other sites, and then conflate it with who he was when he was 16 years old and making fanboy videos.

It's still mostly his fault for making a vague tweet, but he was always talking about it in context of a cancelled VR project from years ago.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I've never understood the love for this series. Portal and Half life are much bigger losses.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
that VNN channel is more often than not, an unreliable source of info. might be best not to make threads based on what they're sharing until someone else can actually confirm.