• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So this was posted by Geoff

Valve News Network creator is saying something is incoming

and then we have the Xbox social media manager replying with this

EDIT: Apparently was a TGA chat with some fans and special guests

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Wasn't that a GameAwards chat or something? I wouldn't have expected announcements exactly, at least nothing that wasn't coming at the TGAs.

The only Valve-Microsoft news I want to hear is like Valve Headset support on Xbox or something like that. Or Gamepass interoperability with Steam would be also great, but I don't know if either thing would be even vaguely likely. I like the value of Gamepass but the launcher on PC is dreadful and Steam is the gold standard for launchers on PC, so if given the choice I would obviously use Steam.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
If you get game pass without the Windows Store part that ruins it, that'd be pretty good.
But would they really put their premier service on there?

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
If they can do Gamepass on Steam and it's not through the Microsoft Store, I'm all the way back in on Gamepass.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
my own hopes- likely to be dasshed in favour of some Valve game announcements for the stuff of theirs I don't care for (DOTA2/CS GO/ TF2)

Half Life Alyx somehow ported to XSX would be good.
Portal 2 on gamepasss would be good. New Portal even better.
Half Life games remade would be good.
Day of Defeat sequel would be good.
Gabe retiring and selling to MS, well, that would be, sure, why not.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Bring Valve games back to consoles

Or Game Pass on Steam with Valve games in it.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I like how Gabe is mysterious in that call with no camera lol. Maybe Game Pass through steam? Doubtful but would be great. Or possibly Valve actually announcing a new game again already and it will also be on xbox? That would be pretty bad ass.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Having Gamepass on Steam would be a massive boost, it has as many MAU as PSN and will likely be plastered on the main page.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
I was on that call, do not get your hopes up for anything major. Won't share details due to confidentiality but nothing involving Gamepass/Steam collaborations.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Windows 20 is a PC2 exclusive confirmed.

Or its game pass on Steam. Or just game awards discussion tbh.

Nov 8, 2017
Gabe retiring and selling to MS, well, that would be, sure, why not.

While I'm a fan of the recent direction Microsoft is going, I would absolutely not want that to happen. I trust that Nadella and Spencer have a good vision - but all it would ever take to turn that into a bad scenario for PC would be a change of management 5 years down the line that suddenly makes a shift in course.

I like to think Gabe is so independently wealthy that he will never sell.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Why would Valve want Game Pass? They get enough revenue from third party sales. Maybe Microsoft wants Valve games on it.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
An unprecedented partnership! Microsoft and Valve sign a 7 year deal in which Steam will be on Xbox Series X|S.
Any game you buy on Steam will be on Xbox and vice versa.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'd say-

holy shit, it's almost November...

At this point, maybe a request for a title change would be appropriate?
Right? We are almost done with 2020, thank god.

At this point though, might as well just close it though, any idea when we could get a TGA speculation thread up since it's that time of year though?

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
The idea that people think Valve and MS doing business but inviting Geoff Keighley in on it is only slightly less idiotic than the idea he would randomly tweet about it afterwards.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Remember when Shawn Layden, Phil Spencer, and Reggie were all announced to appear on stage at the same time and everyone thought some huge console utopia level news was about to happen? Then they basically just said videogames are cool and fun. Good times.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I guess phil is leaving to work on HL3, probably will be announced at the game awards.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, imagine if MS got the rights to Half-Life 3. The 5 people who still care about HL would go batshit insane on the Facepunch forums.