• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I don't think I can link to this page, but if you can get here on the Riot Valorant support site, you should be able to change it without waiting for support to respond.

oLqx1UT.png
the region is corrected, but the game shard is stuck on eu, and that's the server. Already did that stuff, but thanks tho fam 🙏🏽

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
If I ever encounter a toxic teammate I usually try to diffuse and bring moral up. It works wonders

My first game was a tedious classic; group of three all started off with "uninstall the game" and predictably escalated from there before quitting 6 rounds in. Does talking just show up on the sidebar? Would love to just report and mute but all of the trash happened while in the buy menu so it was hard to pay attention in the midst of all of the "new game everywhere" rush.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My first game was a tedious classic; group of three all started off with "uninstall the game" and predictably escalated from there before quitting 6 rounds in. Does talking just show up on the sidebar? Would love to just report and mute but all of the trash happened while in the buy menu so it was hard to pay attention in the midst of all of the "new game everywhere" rush.
When people talk their name shows up along the left-hand side while in-game (not during buy menu).

Yeah usually if it's a group of people being toxic then its hard to diffuse and you're better off muting

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
There is literally nothing to cover. You can't go around a corner without being sniper headshotted the first 0.1 seconds you look around. Nor can you cover said corner without them jumping out and headshot you with a sniper either.

Also, holy fuck, this community. It's League but cranked up to 11 of angry.

Nothing to cover? Smokes, flashbangs, teleports, walls. Pretty much every agent has some form of utility and some excel at pushing angles (i.e. Jett, Breach, Phoenix).

However, I will agree the community can be utter trash. Best bet is to make friends and play with people you know as much as possible. I've had some really pleasant games with nice players, but even more unpleasant games with toxic players.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
No 21:9 support???? god dammit. Forced 16:9 is the dumbest thing ever. Even csgo supports it with no downgrade in FOV.

Yup this is really annoying along with no FOV. Nobody cared about this stuff when I played competitively because most people played 4:3

I played for the first time today and it was a lot of fun. Bloom seems really harsh though? I'd barely start shooting and my reticle would already be massive.
3duhosycjvq41.png

Turn off the bloom in the options. It only makes it harder to aim.
Guns shoot in the same general pattern in Orange, and blue is how you move your mouse. For every gun only the first 3 or so bullets will be on the actual crosshair.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I played for the first time today and it was a lot of fun. Bloom seems really harsh though? I'd barely start shooting and my reticle would already be massive.

I also had a match where the other team was using smokes + operators and I couldn't do a thing. Anywhere I went and anything I tried I'd get sniped instantly.

Matchmaking also seems semi-unbalanced so far. The score ends up close, but you have 1-2 players per team getting 20+ kills with the rest not getting many at all.

Unranked is always terrible in terms of matchmaking. Games will be A LOT better once ranked play is back in. Once I unlocked ranked games, the difference was night and day.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Nothing to cover? Smokes, flashbangs, teleports, walls. Pretty much every agent has some form of utility and some excel at pushing angles (i.e. Jett, Breach, Phoenix).

However, I will agree the community can be utter trash. Best bet is to make friends and play with people you know as much as possible. I've had some really pleasant games with nice players, but even more unpleasant games with toxic players.
Looking into that. Was mostly salty about, on day 1 of a game's release from closed beta, already being harassed for not living up to some weirdly high standard.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Battle Pass rewards look good. Too bad there's no way to win another battle pass though, as far as I can tell.

Though I bought the $50 package during beta. Just going to save up those points and use them exclusively towards the BP.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I am loving spike rush as a solid warmup. I was waiting for a quicker version to just mess around vs actual players. I would still like to see spike rush rules but standard purchasing so one can practice with whatever gun they want to, but for now I like it a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
Who is a good agent to unlock first? i got into the beta fairly late and only got to try out raze who I thought was pretty fun.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to play this game and it fucked my PC up by disabling my AMD graphics card driver and now it says I need Direct X 11 even thought I have Direct X 12.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just played a match with some person who had one of the worst hoarse voices I've heard. People joked about it, then they said they had been out protesting last night.
Dang, they the real mvp.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Who is a good agent to unlock first? i got into the beta fairly late and only got to try out raze who I thought was pretty fun.
What's your play style? I'm biased here, but Breach is an S tier hero if used correctly and is slept on hard. He can control so much of the map for so cheap, and risk free. He also isn't as reliant as some other agents on doing out of game research to hone your skills(sova arrows, omen one way smokes, viper walls etc)

exodus

Oct 25, 2017

Try them out in practice and see how you like their abilities.

Breach is very, very solid and would likely be my all around recommendation, though I haven't tried the new hero.

Raze is fun though. One nice little bonus is that her blast pack can boost her up on top of boxes and over sage walls, which can come in handy.

Cyper is easily one of the best, but he requires a lot of attention to play and you need to be social since you're your team's eyes and ears.

My personal pick though is going to be Omen. I picked him up late during the beta and I just completely fell in love with his tool set. Two free smokes that recharge over the round and can be cast across the map is just so good.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yup this is really annoying along with no FOV. Nobody cared about this stuff when I played competitively because most people played 4:3

3duhosycjvq41.png

Turn off the bloom in the options. It only makes it harder to aim.
Guns shoot in the same general pattern in Orange, and blue is how you move your mouse. For every gun only the first 3 or so bullets will be on the actual crosshair.
Huh? Unless something changed I'm pretty sure there's a randomized element to the spray patterns.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
omfg god who made this menu and this game Jesus Christ.

Finally got it to work and now I can't navigate to change my video settings cuz the game launched in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Honestly feel sorry for all you here who get matched with thewonandonly1 as the enemy... First match I went 2 kills 19 deaths so you better kiss your sorry ass goodbye if you see me out there 😂😂😂

I'm trash as this game haha it goes against every bone in my shooter instinct of running and gunning lol. Going to have to get use to it but it seems really fun!!

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
It really feels like you're punishing your own team if you're not good enough. I honestly don't know if I am loosing most matches on mere chance of being sorted into badly composed teams or if my general shit level of skill drags everyone else down. :(
XAG7X4w.png

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
It really feels like you're punishing your own team if you're not good enough. I honestly don't know if I am loosing most matches on mere chance of being sorted into badly composed teams or if my general shit level of skill drags everyone else down. :(
XAG7X4w.png

Everyone has to learn the game. Best thing you can do is be cautious, stick by teammates, and provide intel if you can't kill em. MMR was also wiped so it'll take a bit before matches are more balanced.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
The skill level is definitely wonky across the board right now; people in the beta eventually settled into those who knew how to use comms and how to play the map (which makes sense, since people with tac shooter experience were more likely to play), and now it's reset into people just 5 stacking into sites and being a random shoot fest. Give it time.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Probably a dumb question but how do I get my crosshair to just be a red dot that I see. I don't see it in the options and I've tried turning stuff off hha

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Well I played a game. We lost.

Uh... I'm not sure about this. I like the art style and I like how it combines heroes with counter strike but like counter strike I think the base skill level required is simply too high for me. Often dying due to someone seeing a pixel of you and instantly getting a headshot.

I might try another match but for now, while it's a far jankier game with way less polish... I think I might stick to Warfare: Breakout for my Counter-Strike-like go to.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
The highly derivative nature of the game's design, its janky animations, and complete lack of ragdoll/procedural death animations keep me from giving this game a shot. It's a shame too because I think it does some things really well (e.g. 128-tick servers).

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
The updates since the beta are slick as hell. the new game mode is just ok, like being able to play for 10 mins at a time rather than 30 but still prefer the standard mode. they should probably implement something with respawns for people new to the game/trying to learn how to aim.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I had fun with the beta and it's running in glorious 60fps with almost everything on max setting on my Laptop, but I'm not used to play on mouse/keyboard at all so I suck pretty much in comparison to all the first person shooter gods (90% of players) out there and getting into it, finding people to play with, people you maybe stick to, without embarrassing yourself when you're the last one alive, was pretty hard and I dropped it in the end without finishing the beta challenges.

Thinking about to look into 1.0 again but I'm still not sure. It's uncomfortable to find people. :/

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I really like the stupid new mode. The matches are quick and way less stressful. Not as good as a TDM for warmup, but pretty fun

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
About the battlepass:

The contents are really good, but it's disappointing that you can't earn currency to get the next BP for "free". I also don't like that I can't see how much xp is needed for the later levels. I assume it'll go up exponentially and i would like to be able to tell how much time i need to invest.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda shameless how the guns work.

LcP7cTl.jpg

3rd game. Weapons are nearly 1:1 CSGO. Not really sure what ADS is for.

ADS is good for longer range, and for alternate fire mode for some guns (e.g. Bulldog).

You have increased accuracy, a slower rate of fire, and a slower rate of movement. Your bullets also hit near your crosshair when in ADS instead of above your crosshair when you go full auto. Some guns are dramatically more accurate with ADS (like the two machine guns).

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
XAG7X4w.png

Just use this time to learn the maps, the heroes, and gun mechanics while expecting non-existent matchmaking. Once ranked releases, you'll match with similarly skilled players which will make things a lot better.

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
Game feels great. Recommend turning off Bloom, off Distortion, and on Increase Clarity. Turn off all options that move your crosshair on movement or firing errors.

If you are dying too early, try to slow your roll a bit, watch other players' backs and stay on the defensive. You'll slowly improve.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I love the salt.

I don't think they'll be able to spoof their HWID without hardware hacks.

EZhv98uUwAAhNCM

EZhR0S6XgAE69-0