• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That was technically very impressive !

I was in doubt if it was traditional or cell shading lots of times through it

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Riot's animation style has become pretty cool. Great mix of 2D and 3D. At time's it's almost like concept art that came to life. Hope someday someone can make games that look like this.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
The animation is nice, but it feels like I've seen this exact same characters in this exact same place with this exact same line a thousand times before.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
that was so lame lol

What?

Lame?
Did you forget to put the /s after your post?
Because that was an incredible cinematic....that aesthetic is really unique for CGI, a really good balance between 2d and 3d, i could watch a full movie in that style and not keep moaning about it not having an identity.

Im not really excited for the game because it just aint my jam.
But the character design and artwork is absolutely on point.
I legit came in here just to see the cinematic and walk out.....but then your driveby post was first and I really couldnt not comment.

The animation is nice, but it feels like I've seen this exact same characters in this exact same place with this exact same line a thousand times before.

An Airbender and a Firebender fighting well sure weve seen that before, elementals arent particularly unique....but the characters themselves def have their own identities.....who do you mix up these two characters specifically for?
Or who are they spoofing?

P.S: Anyone been able to find out which studio/artists put this together?
I needs to find out how they made the puffs of dust.

P.P.S: Sukes art is amazing.
I want a print of the key art even if I aint gonna play the game.
suke-v-launch-artwork-offwhite.jpg

May 19, 2020
Perfect example of style over substance. The dialogue and story in these service game cinematics are so rote and pedestrian they should not even bother having the characters talk, lol. Blizzard-tier Saturday morning cartoon writing.

Apr 30, 2020
Bethesda, Maryland
What?

Lame?
Did you forget to put the /s after your post?
Because that was an incredible cinematic....that aesthetic is really unique for CGI, a really good balance between 2d and 3d, i could watch a full movie in that style and not keep moaning about it not having an identity.

Im not really excited for the game because it just aint my jam.
But the character design and artwork is absolutely on point.
I legit came in here just to see the cinematic and walk out.....but then your driveby post was first and I really couldnt not comment.
I didn't enjoy it that much please dont be mad it's just a video of a video game :)

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Riot's animation style has become pretty cool. Great mix of 2D and 3D. At time's it's almost like concept art that came to life. Hope someday someone can make games that look like this.
Yeah Riot's really mastered their own artstyle and it's amazing to see how versatile they are in creating these shorts for all of their IP

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard isn't a great example because the "story" in Overwatch is a mess quite honestly. Totally disjointed.
The story is a bit of a mess, sure (it was never the focus of Overwatch until the fanbase started asking for more). That doesn't mean the individual cinematics/comics/novels aren't great at storytelling. Stuff like The Last Bastion, Honor and Glory, Dragons etc. are fantastic.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Very neat, love the artstyle, reminded me of Into the Spiderverse.
As for the game itself, meh... But I know it's gonna be a huge it.

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the art direction and the character designs
Plus a black dude with elemental powers that aren't electric? Fuck yeah

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this supposed to have some kind of campagn or is it more like a OW take to the lore?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing outstanding, but the style is dope. They have a potentially very interesting game in their hands, one that is mighty fun for now but that doesn't yet have too much depth or variety. Let's see how they build upon it.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Is it like Counter-Strike? The gameplay trailer showed bomb defusing and such, this trailer tells me nothing.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Huh, so this is what it looks like when someone tries to copy Blizzard and fails. Great animation and style, TERRIBLE storytelling. I remember Overwatch's The Last Bastion short, which actually made me tear up. This made me feel nothing.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, so this is what it looks like when someone tries to copy Blizzard and fails. Great animation and style, TERRIBLE storytelling. I remember Overwatch's The Last Bastion short, which actually made me tear up. This made me feel nothing.
...It's a launch cinematic. I can't even imagine what you were expecting.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Love the art style. I'm fine with something that's just trying to be cool.

Overwatch's shorts are... I dunno. Blizzard's writing has never been for me, and the OW shorts (at least the first couple years of them) just didn't do anything for me, neither in the coolness department nor the narrative one.

TF2's Expiration Date is still the benchmark for this kind of thing.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Loved the look of it, but I'll have forgotten about it in an hour or two.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
There's something interesting about these cinematic trailers for hero MP games. The art style and the action is really cool and fun to watch, but the gameplay will never, ever look or feel like that in real time for the actual game. They always leave me wanting the actual game to feel like that instead. Oh, well. Cool sequence though.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
So damn good, can't wait to see what comes next.

Also shout out to the key art, they came out with a banger