• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Had my first hard crash yesterday. Everything went dark, weird af sounds started playing, couldn't do anything. After 3 mins or so the game finally let me boot the task manager, said something aboutn fatal error. Couldn't restart the game afterwards, said something of "DirectX11 needs lvl 10 something". Had to restart the PC and reinstall the game.

That sucked.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When playing with randoms, the amount of people that die and then spectate you and say shit like "Go. He's to your left. Stop. Go that way. Hurry up." is actually appauling. If you just let me play the game I would win the round but I actually can't aim or hear when you're breathing down my neck. It's way worse than in CSGO.

Honestly considering just muting all voice chat if I'm not in a party.
Eh when you know someone is behind the guy and he's not even thinking about turning around you're not just going to stasy silent.
The key is being precise and keeping it short. Obviously saying like 4 things in a row will prevent the other player from hearing anything, but calling stuff like "3 A short" when you see someone not reacting even though the map showed it, that's fine in my book.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Anyone with a spare key available (if that's possible)? try to watch some streams but nothing popped up so far.

That's not how it works. You don't get a key, but your account gets whitelisted. So you can't share keys, only accounts (which I believe is going to get you banned).

For the droops: link your riot account to Twitch. Make sure your region account isn't set to a region where the Beta is unavailable (happened to some people). And watch at least 2 hours of Valorant Twitch streamers. After that, it's pure luck.

Good luck.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Thank you. Location under Account says Germany that should work. Interesting how they do this, so we really just can wait and watch. :D

At least there is an "Am I in the beta?" button on the website.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why in the hell are there so many rounds in a match? Jesus Christ.

It's fewer than CSGO and they already go by nearly twice as fast due to starting the round pushed up instead of in spawn.

A comp game kinda needs to be played this way to help ensure that the better team actually wins. Maybe when ranked comes out they could lower the number of rounds in unranked...

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Eh when you know someone is behind the guy and he's not even thinking about turning around you're not just going to stasy silent.
The key is being precise and keeping it short. Obviously saying like 4 things in a row will prevent the other player from hearing anything, but calling stuff like "3 A short" when you see someone not reacting even though the map showed it, that's fine in my book.

When I say to people, "one on the right" - they go left instead and got shoot by the same guy who killed me...

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When I say to people, "one on the right" - they go left instead and got shoot by the same guy who killed me...
They probably muted you like the poster I was responding to lol.

Sometimes you wonder if people even play with sound on. Or their eyes open. Like, two people are running on the spot, one gets fragged by some dude who camped in a corner behind them, the other doesn't even turn around but just runs straight on, as if he didn't see his m8 die right in front of hiom or the direction the bullets came from.

You can also really tell who never played this game. 4 people agree to no rush on attack but play slow and silent, one dude just runs around like a crazy person making noise all over the place. And they follow you, too. So you can't even use their idiocy as a distraction.

medli

Oct 28, 2017
The problem is that sometimes I hear a person but I'm checking another angle or something. So if someone starts screaming at me about it I just lose focus and get mad. I can understand if the person is clearly new to the game and you are trying to give them quick guidance or calls but that's not really what I'm referring to. There are a lot of people that will just backseat in any situation even if they're on the bottom of the scoreboard themselves.

I'm not perfect at the game but I have a lot of experience from CSGO, if I'm last alive I'm pretty good at making things happen so there's really no need for people to backseat me. If you have a huge problem with how I did something just tell me afterwards, otherwise it's going to make things worse. I seriously doubt I'm missing footsteps or things like that even if I'm not visibly looking in that direction.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
its annoying that defenders are never really defending sites but run into the open arms of the attacking team.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know how to change the language?

I can't seem to change it in the launcher. They just removed the option to change language with the option to select a region.

It doesn't even give me the option to select a language upon install.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
seems like all of my teammates get the dumbass players that just stand there and look at them and i always seem to face off against the most sweaty tryhard people. fucking sucks.

edit: scratch that. i just fucking suck at FPS games. decided to boot up aimlab and turns out my reaction time is way low. like, crazy low

Last edited:

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
unknown.png

I honestly don't think I've played 20 matches yet - I only do one or two matches a day - but I don't play everyday

I'll have to pick up the pace I suppose! Still no word on when it launches in the beta though!

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get in on this, have a question about beta status page:
7eR3Rri.png

Are these supposed to change colors once you complete each step? I noticed my brother's page looks different and he's already in. I've successfully linked my riot account and have been watching streams since last night but the steps on this page still look unfinished to me as if I haven't linked it yet.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Just lost a match where it was 12-12 and 1v1 and the enemy planted the bomb with nearly no time left. That was intense.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
People who leave during the first three rounds should lose beta access. Many people are saying this!

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
The matches are def way too long. I played the first one and dont want to play again just because of that.

Topper

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to get in on this, have a question about beta status page:

Are these supposed to change colors once you complete each step? I noticed my brother's page looks different and he's already in. I've successfully linked my riot account and have been watching streams since last night but the steps on this page still look unfinished to me as if I haven't linked it yet.

I don't think they change colors or anything. I had the same concern thinking my twitch/riot account link was bugged or something because nothing on that page changed but I eventually got in.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
There will probably be a shorter casual mode later on at some point, but I'm guessing the game mode in beta now will be what competitive is, so it would make sense for them to get the most data on it now to make sure it works.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they change colors or anything. I had the same concern thinking my twitch/riot account link was bugged or something because nothing on that page changed but I eventually got in.
I actually just had my key drop about an hour ago!! Thanks for the response though. It seems the first two steps grey out once you have access.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Valorant is a fun game, but the time-needed for playing is too much for me. Same reason why I could never get into CSGO and why I dropped League when they removed 3's.

I get the flagship modes are longer, round-based game types, but not everyone has an hour available for one match. It's only a beta so maybe this will change over time, but give us shorter modes for fun.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
When we get ranked (next week?), I'm hoping the unranked mode will be shortened.

If anything I see a shorter version as a 3rd mode eventually. So you have ranked and unranked, which would be the same, then casual quick games. In my opinion I don't see a shorter game mode coming for a bit until ranked has been out for a few weeks to a month.

Though I do agree it would be nice. That's one of the things I like about CSGO casual games, they're short.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
The game is a lot of fun. Never got crazy into cs go but for right now this is my go to shooter over cod. Still working on my aim. My peeks and everything. But I like the learning curve and am definitely slowly getting better aim.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
A deathmatch, or a shorter, lower stress mode would be awesome. Especially for those that don't have the years of Counter-Strike experience, I have friends that need to work on their aim and basic mechanics, but in unranked games, they only gets so much time to practice shooting at live enemies, and it's not very much if they get killed right off the bat. Then there is so much more to the normal games than the basic mechanics that new players like them feel overwhelmed and won't really have much of a chance to improve.

It would be certainly better aiming practice/warm-up than the shooting range, as lovely as it is.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I'd love a shorter version and it seems like they could just halve the rounds and speed up the economy and that would be a solid base for a faster variant of the game while still retaining core skills that could transfer to the primary mode. Someone smarter than me probably sees an immediate flaw with this but I really hope they dont totally butcher the core experience for a faster mode like they did for casual in CSGO, and instead just have fewer rounds with each round itself still feeling basically the same as it would in the normal mode

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Get myself all hyped up to play this game, I play one match and I'm exhausted.

I know it's gonna be a successful game so want to keep trying to improve but phew, 12+ rounds is mentally draining.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's not just me thinking it's exhausted playing just one full game.

I got a beta key yesterday and played my first ever game, we won after going 12-12, but man afterwards I had my anxiety triggered by how tense and concentrated I was. And that was just one game.

Literally couldn't sleep last night because of the effects it had on my anxiety.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I'm fine with the length but would also be ok if Unrated is a bit shorter. Just don't make it something dumb like 10v10 like in CSGO, I don't want Ranked to be the only proper place to play a decent match in official matchmaking.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Got invited today, and no offence to anyone who is enjoying it, but I couldnt stand it. Played 75% of 1 round, which still took about 45 minutes, and I uninstalled. Not feeling it at all. The constant quips from the characters was giving me Borderlands vibes and the games are way too long.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
game rips enormously, but I've had consistent lag problems that have gotten a lot worse since the last patch. it's putting me off the game altogether. hope they get it sorted

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got to play a few rounds with my brother and a friend. Had a ton of fun!
Getting our CSGO squad back together for this.
Played three matches back to back. Crushed two of them (got my first MVP in one of them) and lost 13/12 in the last one because the Sage try-hard in our team kept flaming us because we apparently weren't pulling our weight when he never healed anyone but himself and never resurrected anyone.
Shame but we still had fun.

I think the game length is perfectly fine for competitive. It's definitely shorter than CSGO but I wouldn't mind a drop-in/drop-out deathmatch mode to get warmed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.