• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28962

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Doesn't matter what their DPI is as long as their mouse isn't interpolating it. What matters is finding your sweet spot for cm/360(which is a combination of in-game sens and DPI).

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
I finally got in!

Before I start playing, I remember people posting about CSGO mouse sensitivity calculations. What was the multiplier again? I'm playing with 800 DPI and 1.0 in-game sens.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got in!

Before I start playing, I remember people posting about CSGO mouse sensitivity calculations. What was the multiplier again? I'm playing with 800 DPI and 1.0 in-game sens.
VALORANT sensitivity conversions
  • CS:GO sensitivity divided by 3.18181818
  • Overwatch sensitivity divided by 10.6
  • Apex Legends sensitivity divided by 3.18181818
  • Rainbow Six sensitivity multiplied by 1.2

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Kills are obviously the make or break thing and are the most important, but it's odd that this game is built around encouraging clever uses of utility skills and information-sharing doesn't really make it apparent at a glance who is contributing beyond kills, plants, and defuses

To you, I'd say that end-game XP is awarded for rounds won, not KDA or plants/defuses. The stats are all there, but final team scoreboard is king. And if you're tactically sacrificing yourself for the team's sake, you SHOULD be getting rewarded by your teammates in the form of shield/gun buys during the buy phase, since rebuying after death is certainly a penalty.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at that Raze nerf. Brutal.

Also the Sage nerf, wow. SIlent walking through the slow field is a big loss, and her wall is easier to tear down? Damn.

what dpi do you guys run? I can't figure out if I want 3,000 or 1500
800 dpi .377 in-game sensitivity.

This is equivalent to Destiny's "4" sensitivity, for anyone wondering.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
To you, I'd say that end-game XP is awarded for rounds won, not KDA or plants/defuses. The stats are all there, but final team scoreboard is king. And if you're tactically sacrificing yourself for the team's sake, you SHOULD be getting rewarded by your teammates in the form of shield/gun buys during the buy phase, since rebuying after death is certainly a penalty.

The latter example is true in premades, but good luck getting players in PUGs to be that organized. Anyway, it'd be nice if those stats were more prominent. Like I said, I don't think the game needs to hand out attaboys for literally every tiny thing, but the abilities are such a big focus I think some more detailed score tracking would be useful mid-match

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw I got in, neat. Just did the practice and it feels good, gonna play some matches later.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If those small changes, which are all reasonable, make her unpickable then it's just further proof that she was broken af before.

She was a pub/noob stomper but pretty bad in organized team comps. She's now unplayable in team comps and extremely weak in pubs. 1 frag with a 2 kill cooldown? Talk about an overreaction. Her frags got nerfed 4 different ways in total (louder sound, slower cluster, total amount and cooldown).

I'm going to remind everyone again that a CSGO team can have a maximum of 5 frags per round. A Valorant team can now have a max of 1 without a guaranteed refresh. Insane that they let people destroy this character after only playing the game for a week.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
I'm really feeling sad as it didn't drop for me.
I'm not a huge fan of CS, but i really want to try this out. sadface

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I personally use 800 DPI and 0.57 sens, as it's equivalent to what I used to use in CSGO (400 DPI and 3.59 sens)

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
If those small changes, which are all reasonable, make her unpickable then it's just further proof that she was broken af before.

She only had 2 good abilities (frag & ult) and they nerfed the frag in 4 different ways.

Legit at high organized MMR she was already the worst Agent by a long mile. As you get better at the game and know how to listen to stuff, she falls off really hard. You shoot the drone (if you have to), her C4 sucks (loud, can just shoot it, it's not good for jumping at people, C4ing the boombot forward is a meme), you run away when you hear the already obnoxiously loud frags and you don't group and position better when you hear her ult callout. All she has is damage, and it's all avoidable.

I've played an additional 15 hours since my last tier list post, so I can safely say now before this patch that I've still only died 1 time to a Raze ability in the past 45 hours of playing the game, and it was on defense when I was forced to defuse in a low time scenario, which is not really a unique scenario for just her and several other agents can do the same thing except they also have tons of utility that Raze doesn't.

Meanwhile I've died to or due to every other character's abilities a ton. They're either exceptionally hard to dodge or are things you basically can't dodge like smokes.

Utility > Damage, the former easily leads into the latter.

The longer this game is active and people get more and more time & skill at it, the more and more people are gonna realize she's a big meme.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Well so much for fixing the cheater problem with Kernel anti-cheat...
Just had a guy on the enemy team kill people through the mid doors on Haven as soon as the rounds started with pinpoint accuracy.
Those were not just predictive spam shots and he killed us literally as soon as the rounds started so no way to set up some way to track people through walls.
This happened consistently throughout the match.

I guess I got my hopes up for fucking nothing.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
You are weirded out that you are struggling if you haven't used the control method for the game in years?
What?
Relax. I'm not weirded out. I'm looking at the leaderboard in games and noticing that there's usually one or two people with all the kills while the rest of us lag behind. There is a significant skill gap that could be remedied by ranked lobbies

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just had a guy on the enemy team kill people through the mid doors on Haven as soon as the rounds started with pinpoint accuracy.
Those were not just predictive spam shots and he killed us literally as soon as the rounds started so no way to set up some way to track people through walls.

Anyone record any of this?

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017

AC is reactive not proactive as the latter would require something infinitely more invasive than Vanguard.

The advantage is the speed at detection & banning. Almost all of these cheats are getting detected & banned in a day or two.

Compare that to a non-kernel AC like VAC where cheats can go undetected for months upon months.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017

There is a bullshit boost some characters can do on those doors where it's almost impossible to see them & obviously they can get up there before the round starts. I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed or talked about tbh, it's extremely overpowered for the defender. First time I came up against it I thought the dude was hacking too.

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
There is a bullshit boost some characters can do on those doors where it's almost impossible to see them & obviously they can get up there before the round starts. I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed or talked about tbh, it's extremely overpowered for the defender. First time I came up against it I thought the dude was hacking too.
This^

Also the doors have armor at round start so it seems very unlikely that they could shoot through the doors like you described if it wasn't the cheeky spot.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017

Happened at other spots as well and his own team called him out for it.
He then proceeded to type "Please stop cheating, guys!" in chat just to rub it in.
Hopefully they deal with such reports quickly and find out how they're doing it to fix it.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Damn I am grooving today. Played a match before and after work and both times got 20+ kills, positive KD, MVP, and won the matches. Hope to keep up the hot streak haha.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
the more I play, the goofier and more myopic it seems that Reddit(tm) latched onto Raze as the character that doesn't fit with the others solely because she deals damage—I think there's just as much of an argument to make that Breach, who has an entire kit of cc and in-combat utility, is more out of sync with the 'standard' kit spread for characters in this game. I don't think he needs a change or actually doesn't belong in the game or anything, but I do think that he's absolutely insane. games look totally different if one or both teams have a good Breach. his ability to singlehandedly stop and delay pushes, force enemies out of cover or prevent them from crossing to another corner, and to break a room open for himself/his team is unbelievable. I don't think anyone else can easily, for free, multiple times a round, with zero setup, instantly win a fight for teammates in an entirely separate section of the map. I love him. he is my husband

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
the more I play, the goofier and more myopic it seems that Reddit(tm) latched onto Raze as the character that doesn't fit with the others solely because she deals damage—I think there's just as much of an argument to make that Breach, who has an entire kit of cc and in-combat utility, is more out of sync with the 'standard' kit spread for characters in this game. I don't think he needs a change or actually doesn't belong in the game or anything, but I do think that he's absolutely insane. games look totally different if one or both teams have a good Breach. his ability to singlehandedly stop and delay pushes, force enemies out of cover or prevent them from crossing to another corner, and to break a room open for himself/his team is unbelievable. I don't think anyone else can easily, for free, multiple times a round, with zero setup, instantly win a fight for teammates in an entirely separate section of the map. I love him. he is my husband

Breach is a monster in the right hands. The enemy push just grinds to a halt when he's used properly. It's nuts.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna start using the Operator more, been getting some insane plays with it. Breach is probably one of my mains now too, feel like he doesn't get nearly enough respect that he deserves.

GhostofWar

Apr 5, 2019
AC is reactive not proactive as the latter would require something infinitely more invasive than Vanguard.

The advantage is the speed at detection & banning. Almost all of these cheats are getting detected & banned in a day or two.

Compare that to a non-kernel AC like VAC where cheats can go undetected for months upon months.

Any idea how they banning? some kind of hardware id so the computer is banned or just account based? Hopefully it's the hardware, it seemed pretty effective in overwatch. I played up till season 8 of that and saw maybe 1 or 2 cheats.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want to learn how to play breach more effective. Any tips? When to use my E?

Also anyone else kinda has the bug before starting the round while choosing your agent it doesn't confirm your choice and you get booted?

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I love this game but I dont think im gonna be able to take it seriously because the matches last far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.