• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Played against someone called "dev" with the tag #00000

I wonder if he/she was a real dev or if there's a way to get the number like that

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I've just seen my first gameplay of this. As an old time Counter-Strike player, this game deeply interests me. I haven't put any time into Fortnite, Apex Legends, or Overwatch. Gunplay here looks it blows all of the others out of the water.
It does. Gunplay and movement is very much classic CS.
Played against someone called "dev" with the tag #00000

I wonder if he/she was a real dev or if there's a way to get the number like that
My tag is #000 changed it from #NA1. You can change both the name and hashtag once a month. The combination has to be unique only. The tag could be any number or letter between 3-5 characters in length.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LOL, I just spent an entire match with some chucklefucks who:

1: Let me run into an OP without smoking first even though they had them.
2: Next round agreed to rush, then just stood there watching me die and then told me I'm wrong because I died first (no shit).
3: Then threw a smoke in my face while I tried to camp an angle, and then told me they didn't smoke me.

Since I was Viper, I then proceeded to throw poison pools at them whenever they stood still, threw my smoke at them too. They must have not known you can pick it up again, and regretted it real fast.
"Bro chill, it was a mistake."

Sure thing it was. My smokes were a mistake too, bro.
At the end they seriously told me the beta key is wasted on me lmao. God fuck this. Tried to at least have some fun trolling these mofos back.

Last edited:

benj

Oct 27, 2017
you purposefully griefed your teammates because they "let you" run ahead of them and then didn't push as incautiously as you did during a rush? i don't know if that story comes off the way you think it does

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

2: Next round agreed to rush, then just stood there watching me die and then told me I'm wrong because I died first (no shit).
3: Then threw a smoke in my face while I tried to camp an angle, and then told me they didn't smoke me.

Since I was Viper, I then proceeded to throw poison pools at them whenever they stood still, threw my smoke at them too. They must have not known you can pick it up again, and regretted it real fast.

At the end they seriously told me the beta key is wasted on me lmao. God fuck this. Tried to at least have some fun trolling these mofos back.
Yikes don't grief dude c'mon

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice

pm1rYjM.png

Oct 25, 2017
How come Riot just doesn't have a "Riot Launcher" with all their games? It's not like LoL is the only game they produce now.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How come Riot just doesn't have a "Riot Launcher" with all their games? It's not like LoL is the only game they produce now.
They kinda do. No matter what game you start it runs trhough the same launcher, they just don't have an interface with all of them in one place.
They fused LoL accounts to a Riot ID too, and you can see whos palying what in your friendlist form any game.

I'ts like a hidden launcher lol. You can even see it running in your taskmanager. It's weird.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
LOL
They kinda do. No matter what game you start it runs trhough the same launcher, they just don't have an interface with all of them in one place.
They fused LoL accounts to a Riot ID too, and you can see whos palying what in your friendlist form any game.

I'ts like a hidden launcher lol. You can even see it running in your taskmanager. It's weird.

Yeah I'm sure it will be official soon with all the new games coming out. Eventually Riot ID will also replace your summoner name in LoL but they said that's later because it's not a simple task.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
I really want Riot to release a macOS version. MacBooks are plenty capable of running the game even on integrated graphics, and I hate having to use Windows just to play one game.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LOL

Yeah I'm sure it will be official soon with all the new games coming out. Eventually Riot ID will also replace your summoner name in LoL but they said that's later because it's not a simple task.
Since my name was from LoL and they asked me to fuse it that's already done. But I guess for people didn't get the notification its worth mentioning.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
would actually be very big, since blizzard ignored mac for overwatch

Yeah.

At the very least, they could ensure that the game works via Parallels. Trying to get the game to even install in a Windows 10 VM fails because it fails to install a bunch of unspecified dependencies. If they fix that, then I wouldn't need to have a Bootcamp partition and could just run it through Parallels without having to reboot, which would be ideal.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Had a game today where we were going 3-9 and the top player on the other team was mocking us. So I did my best to egg him on and get him tilted. We pulled it back, but still lost 10-13. Was fun though.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017

You're psycho lol

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else's performance fluctuate wildly between games? Just when I think I've turned a corner I'll be humbled with an awful game.

I recently had a 25-16-9 KDA game with the Match MVP, and the very next game I went 11-18-4 (both on Haven).

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else's performance fluctuate wildly between games? Just when I think I've turned a corner I'll be humbled with an awful game.

I recently had a 25-16-9 KDA game with the Match MVP, and the very next game I went 11-18-4 (both on Haven).
This is me as well. I assume the SBMM is still figuring itself out.

Oct 25, 2017
Played my first 2 games. Lost both, but the second match was 12-12 and was intense as fuck. Had a lot of fun but I definitely am in the learning phase. Started with Phoenix who I think is a good pusher and right into my playstyle. I have like no patience which makes this game hard for me, but it's undeniably fun and intense. Looking forward to getting better.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017

Eh. Sometimes you have a bad game, sometimes you're popping triple headshots and clutching the win.

Anyone know how accurate guardian is while moving full speed? I had a guy headshot me twice doing that, I was pretty shocked.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Just had my best game of the beta. Definitely still suck but almost getting an ace was so dope.
OlNBl0O.png

Last edited:

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Sometimes you have a bad game, sometimes you're popping triple headshots and clutching the win.

Anyone know how accurate guardian is while moving full speed? I had a guy headshot me twice doing that, I was pretty shocked.
Not sure about moving, but I really like the weapon. It hits way harder than the Phantom/Vandal, and since I have the bad habit of tap firing those I actually seem to do better with the Guardian. Saves me money too.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
You don't always get to throw C4 in someone's face, but when you do, it's while running though brimstone's smoke and hitting him before he knows wtf just happened.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
YOOO I fucking POPPED today. Played three matches and got top fragger twice. Breach is my shit.

www.google.com

How to watch the 100 Thieves VALORANT Invitational

Some amazing talent will be on display.

The invitational is April 14th, so really close. Some nice teams there.

Regarding the "running headshots": They probably switch from running to walking and then shoot, but on your screen it looks like they are still running.
So literally today, holy moly lol

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I'm pretty happy with the in game community so far. More often that not, even when I'm being a trashfire my teammates have been supportive. There's been some real donkeys here and there, usually only when enemy topfragger steamrolling, but outside of that it's been pretty pleasant. This is the first game I've been comfortable just talking with randoms and calling callouts since I got into PC gaming. The rare game when I'm topfragger, I'll make sure to nice try my teammates and hype them up with good shots.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Woah people are really creative when finding bugs.
Someone just found a way to make the Cypher camera shoot your secondary gun - hope they fix that soon.

But hey - that's what betas are for:) glad it was found.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty happy with the in game community so far. More often that not, even when I'm being a trashfire my teammates have been supportive. There's been some real donkeys here and there, usually only when enemy topfragger steamrolling, but outside of that it's been pretty pleasant. This is the first game I've been comfortable just talking with randoms and calling callouts since I got into PC gaming. The rare game when I'm topfragger, I'll make sure to nice try my teammates and hype them up with good shots.

Yeah, I have only played 2 games so far but my first was obviously really rough, and topfragger was pretty nice for the most part about some silly mistakes I was making. Obviously there's no hope for things to stay this way as the doors open up, but I'll enjoy the comraderie will it lasts.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, haha :D Damn, I just read that two of the players in shroud's team were part of a match-fixing scandal back in the day.

That was fucking crazy. They were just about to build an incredibly hyped up north american super team with hiko, skadoodle, azk, swag and dazed and then 3 players of that team get banned (+steel). And then the NA scene was in shambles for a while after that. So basically this Valorant team is that super team that never happened -dazed +shroud.
It was right before the pro scene really took off as well. Shortly after that players started to receive 6 figure salaries, tournament price pools reached 7 figures etc. They all threw that opportunity away for a couple hundred dollars worth of skins.
They could've made a million bucks each in those 6 years since. Instead they got nothing. I feel really bad for them, lifetime bans for something that wasn't in the rulebooks (while obviously wrong of course) was super harsh. Even in real sports matchfixers usually get just a couple years ban for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.