• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
the game is just so slick for this early stage, the menus are so good. I think it looks a lot better in person than on stream. I have no problem with the looks.

The main menu music is so bad though.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
has anyone gotten a key in the last couple hours? seems like they haven't sent many out since the big couple waves around 4pm-5pm est

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Like right now? what?
Yeah, this is all it's showing. I'll just try again in the mornin'.

GTOt88T.jpg

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Played two tonight, won two. Ooooh yeah. Brimstone is basically CS:GO Guy which I like. Smokes and mollies.

Game will shine when half the team isn't a pug though. Nobody is talking it seems.
Opposite for me all my teams I've played with have been communicating.

Just dropped a 20 kill game, think I'm getting used to it.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I love that voice command wheel option with all sort of handy commands. Special love for the "Be quiet" command, that will surely come in handy when dead spectators want to micromanage your clutch.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a way to see that I am actually in the running for drops. I feel like something is wrong.

Fuck I hate this shit so much.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm not too hot on are the map visuals, the different art packs are pretty much the same which is quite disappointing. The designs seem good, it should really launch with at least 5 though.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Can anyone connect? I'm getting various errors when launching the client.

My last match's results didn't track, so no XP, and text chat still isn't working. Waiting until servers seem to restabilize to get back in.

This game feels quite damned good. I'm garbage-tier at CS, but while I'm not much better here, I like the hero-class stuff in terms of giving me other ways to contribute in given situations. Feels good, man.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I wish there was a way to see that I am actually in the running for drops. I feel like something is wrong.

Fuck I hate this shit so much.
As long as your twitch player is not muted and it shows Drops enabled! below the stream, you're in the running. It says something else there when something is wrong in the setup.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as your twitch player is not muted and it shows Drops enabled! below the stream, you're in the running. It says something else there when something in wrong in the setup.
But aren't there all sorts of hidden rules like can't be muted, can't be AFK, etc? How do I know my Riot account and everything is linked correctly? I want to see like a green check mark that says yeah, you are in the running but you didn't get it. Like show exactly when drops go out and that I failed the roll or whatever. I don't trust any of this shit.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Do i have to have the screen active. I just want to do other things on my computer and i feel like i cant. this is torture

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Poor Doc is losing it

But aren't there all sorts of hidden rules like can't be muted, can't be AFK, etc? How do I know my Riot account and everything is linked correctly? I want to see like a green check mark that says yeah, you are in the running but you didn't get it. Like show exactly when drops go out and that I failed the roll or whatever. I don't trust any of this shit.
The "Drops enabled!" is not always there for everyone, it's only there after you link your account correctly. And the mute thing seems to be the only rule, everything else goes as long as the stream is run.

Do i have to have the screen active. I just want to do other things on my computer and i feel like i cant. this is torture
No, put it at 160p and mute the sound on the tab (not the videoplayer) and go do something else in the PC without worry.

Oct 26, 2017
I can already tell I'm going to not like this game because of sniper weapons.

Last 5 rounds died from same sniper. Point blank? She wins. Long range? She wins. One hit kill. Simply not fun.

Cockmagic

Oct 30, 2017
So I downloaded the beta and restarted my computer. I'm getting the following message after logging in to my account: "This is an unsupported combination of region and operating system." Anyone know what's up?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Login servers seem to be down. I took a break for dinner but came back and now can't get into the game.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
At first look, I was all like : This is looks really bad
After playing it for 13 hours : This is really badass.

This is good. This will hit all the CS player's for sure.

Manoko

Oct 27, 2017

Where does it say that the stream must not be muted by the way ?

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Dirty Bomb was faster pace I feel with all the long jumps and wall jumps.
I guess I mean the abilities portion. Brimstone and his abilities, for example, seem like he jumped right out of Dirty Bomb.
I can already tell I'm going to not like this game because of sniper weapons.

Last 5 rounds died from same sniper. Point blank? She wins. Long range? She wins. One hit kill. Simply not fun.
Welcome to Counter Strike Valorant!

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I think snipers should seem less threatening in most contexts as players learn their kits better. Snipers have the advantage that sniping in this game is basically exactly like sniping in other games, and the advantage that the most profound counters to snipers in this game are more specific to this game, meaning it's something that players will have to build skill and familiarity with through playing Valorant in particular. counter-sniping will scale powerfully off of players getting better at recognizing the right times to use their abilities—sniping will not so much, I think

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018
I legit feel sorry for some of the people I kill in this game, years of CS aiming seems to be instantly paying off in this.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I can't tell if he's genuinely mad or if that's part of his character.

No, he 1000% hates this game lol

But, it's not his style of game. He's more into fast-paced BR's. It also doesn't help him that a lot of people playing early today were really good CS players.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
obv 90% of players (me included) are bad and new but i've found that a lot of snipers are often easily defeated by "walking sideways"

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
So I downloaded the beta and restarted my computer. I'm getting the following message after logging in to my account: "This is an unsupported combination of region and operating system." Anyone know what's up?

The game is DX11 so you must be on Windows 7+.

The game is currently NA & EU only so if you're not in NA or EU you can't play.

Only things I can think of.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Be sure to kill the Riotclient process in the task manager after you stop playing guys. It keep giving your cpu a huge workout. I hope they fix that soon.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
No, he 1000% hates this game lol

But, it's not his style of game. He's more into fast-paced BR's. It also doesn't help him that a lot of people playing early today were really good CS players.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I think he does a great job with the production of his stream, but he really doesn't have the skills that many other FPS streamers have (Shroud, Summit, Seagull, Ska, etc).

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Be sure to kill the Riotclient process in the task manager after you stop playing guys. It keep giving your cpu a huge workout. I hope they fix that soon.
Does it do that with LoL as well? Damn. Well, the game won't start for me unless I restart the client anyway, so... Also I just can't get in at all right now.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
This is just a really crappy and I almost say scammy system to take advantage of people to bump the game up on the Twitch viewer list. I know 8 people who have had the stream up all day today and none of us have got a key...

Status
Not open for further replies.