• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they said in an interview with Lupo that they do support the resolution but that it intentionally has black bars.
That's not supporting it. lol

They did, said they viewed it as giving and unfair competitive advantage to ultrawide players
Which is funny, since most CS pros play 4:3 stretched. So a smaller FoV, and Valorant doesn't support that either.

I don't mind though. I like designing the game around a single aspect ratio.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, starting to get really annoyed. They made it sound like the floodgates would be opening today if you just stuck it out long enough. I've had at least one stream open every minute drops have been enabled. I don't want to get in weeks after everyone else has been practicing. Part of the appeal of this game to me is getting in on the ground floor.

Not even getting into the bot/eBay problem. Those keys are actually selling too, $150-200+. Riot needs to just open it up and deal with it.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks fun but this is the worst possible way to distribute access to your beta.

I get it from a business side, Twitch numbers are high and for streamers who got into the Alpha and now have drops enabled on their streams, their numbers are skyrocketing and that opens them up to new audiences possibly. The thing is though, I don't really care for any of these streamers to be quite honest. I shouldn't have to have a stream open for fucking 4-5 hours praying for a drop when you could easily just send out codes and if you get in you get in. I can check if I got in that wave or not then move on with whatever else I'm doing.

That's not even putting all the bots on channels and people flipping Riot accs with access on eBay. This shit is fucking horrible. I'm so salty right now :l

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
Got to try a few matches, im a huge cs fan so was very excited for this, but it just doesnt click at all for me sadly, it just feels like another boring hero shooter... i would love to try the game without the abilities, cause the gun plays feels very close to cs.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I think (I hope) they're playing it safe today but from tomorrow onwards things will ramp up really fast. It could backfire a bit if they start annoying people for too long.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks fun but this is the worst possible way to distribute access to your beta.

I get it from a business side, Twitch numbers are high and for streamers who got into the Alpha and now have drops enabled on their streams, their numbers are skyrocketing and that opens them up to new audiences possibly. The thing is though, I don't really care for any of these streamers to be quite honest. I shouldn't have to have a stream open for fucking 4-5 hours praying for a drop when you could easily just send out codes and if you get in you get in. I can check if I got in that wave or not then move on with whatever else I'm doing.

That's not even putting all the bots on channels and people flipping Riot accs with access on eBay. This shit is fucking horrible. I'm so salty right now :l
Yeah. I was on board with it when it seemed like they were going to be much more liberal with the drops, but this drip feed fucking sucks. Slowly wiping out the hype I had been building these past weeks.

monkyrez

Oct 27, 2017
I'll echo the sentiments of others and say that the method of beta distribution kinda sucks, I actually watch a ton of Twitch streams anyway but who does it serve if just some random people who aren't even interested in the game get access just because they were watching a streamer they usually like anyway. That plus people just making dupe accounts to sell access to anyway, it makes the fact that I immediately signed up for information when they announced the game as Project A and followed the Twitter account and everything useless. Of course this is partly salt talking as I have wanted to play the game since it was announced , am already a fan of Riot stuff because of LoL, and have literally been watching streams since minute one both of these days they've given access so far and still haven't gotten access.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

I know it's just frustration but I don't get people being against this twitch thing, it's pretty much the same as other method but Riot actually gets some big hype for the game on top of twitch, which is good for everyone in the end.

You would be just as salty if they were sending emails throughout the day to everyone else but you. People would still be using a million bots to sign up and grab codes to sell on ebay. Leaving a 160p muted tab running in the background is no big deal.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There needs to be some sort of bad luck protection or something. Like if your Twitch account is at least a month old and you've watched 12+ hours of Valorant already. I dunno, something. It really irks me that people are signing up for everything just today and getting access before me when I've been signed up for the mailing list and everything since the game was announced.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
omfg this is so good. I seriously wish that everyone that's hyped for this gets a chance to play, this drop system is bullshit. Anyway, fuck you all I'm gaminnnn

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
hmm i keep getting the Vanguard Anti-cheat error message, but ive already reinstalled, restarted, etc...

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, starting to get really annoyed. They made it sound like the floodgates would be opening today if you just stuck it out long enough. I've had at least one stream open every minute drops have been enabled. I don't want to get in weeks after everyone else has been practicing. Part of the appeal of this game to me is getting in on the ground floor.

Not even getting into the bot/eBay problem. Those keys are actually selling too, $150-200+. Riot needs to just open it up and deal with it.
The highest number I'd ever seen floated for keys today was 75,000. there have been 1.5mil+ people viewing on Twitch all day. I don't think they ever gave the impression that they were going to open the floodgates

If they were to open it up, nobody would be able to play for maybe days while network engineers scrambled to put out numerous very large fires. enraged gamer babies would flip their gourds. this is the way

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The highest number I'd ever seen floated for keys today was 75,000. there have been 1.5mil+ people viewing on Twitch all day. I don't think they ever gave the impression that they were going to open the floodgates
There have not been 1.5 million people watching Twitch all day.

If they were to open it up, nobody would be able to play for maybe days while network engineers scrambled to put out numerous very large fires. enraged gamer babies would flip their gourds. this is the way
That is preferable to me, honestly. I don't like being left behind. If this is how drops are going to be then I'm unlikely to get in for weeks. There will be a clearly established meta already and I'll be just another noob getting farmed. I want to start playing when everyone is new.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Drops are the dumbest thing they could've done

Look at all the bots in the chat that will sell their keys on ebay.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
There are not 1.5 million people watching Twitch all day.

That is preferable to me, honestly. I don't like being left behind. If this is how drops are going to be then I'm unlikely to get in for weeks. There will be a clearly established meta already and I'll be just another noob getting farmed. I want to start playing when everyone is new.
you aren't getting left behind because one small fraction of a game's playerbase gets access to a game a couple weeks before you. it's an FPS—this game's particular meta matters less than fundamentals, and you could build those by going to play CS:S right now. metas also change.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
They should just give it to people who watch a steam for an hour. Twitch gets their viewers, steamers get exposure, excited players get the key. Everyone wins except the people managing their servers.

Other than that, this game looks great. I went from 0 to 100 on it. I am sure I am going to get destroyed by a bunch of teenagers but I don't really care.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
How long do you think this closed beta will really last? I give it like a week until they let everyone in.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's just frustration but I don't get people being against this twitch thing, it's pretty much the same as other method but Riot actually gets some big hype for the game on top of twitch, which is good for everyone in the end.

You would be just as salty if they were sending emails throughout the day to everyone else but you. People would still be using a million bots to sign up and grab codes to sell on ebay. Leaving a 160p muted tab running in the background is no big deal.
Nah bro I would rather people get an email then have a twitch stream open the whole time bruh thats dumb. I get it draws big hype not against it in that sense but would rather not do it this way tbh.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what their goal was. Which was probably large numbers on Twitch which they're getting.
yeah—large numbers on twitch, lots of hype, lots of streamers who are putting in time on the game + attracting a viewerbase that might stick around contingent on the streamer continuing to stream valorant, relatively democratized way of distributing keys, a list of interested players that updates in real-time for them to release keys to

all in all i think this is working out very well for them

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
How long do you think this closed beta will really last? I give it like a week until they let everyone in.
Maybe, but they've already turned features off on the LoL client so can't imagine they can take a flood of more people diving on Valorant, too.

Obviously I'm not privy to their exact server capacity/setup between all their games.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Honestly the more time goes on, the more experienced CS players get filtered up to the top of the MMR bracket. I wouldn't worry about it right now, a week or two isn't going to make a difference in a competitive game like this.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017

I don't get this. They could do a large closed beta just through email and not allow footage and you still wouldn't be able to play. Similar to the Alpha for this game where the streamers got to play This actually gets more content out there to watch on the game at the very least if you want.
Do you get mad at all closed betas?

I think it will be open to everyone soon enough. By that I mean maybe around a month or so.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit:

unknown.png

About 30 seconds after I used my subscription on Warowl. Wonder if it was a coincidence.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who has never gotten into a closed beta I'll take this.

Status
Not open for further replies.