• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipCup8822

Nov 25, 2018
I also got a key. BTW, if using chrome (As someone else mentioned in this thread), you can mute Twitch at the tab and it should not impact anything.

Flash

Oct 27, 2017

With all the terrible launches these days it's probably the wisest choice.

I actually think it's one of the weirdest choices tbh. Supposedly, from some streamers that attended the recent event where all this pre-recorded footage was recorded, there will only be 25,000 keys distributed in total for the initial wave. Idk if that includes the date on the 7th but this unfortunately enables tons and tons of bots to be granted beta access to then be turned around and sold to people that are looking for access. Interestingly enough, entire RIOT accounts have to be sold because that's the only way beta access was granted for this drop.

Don't know how you solve for this issue but there were 1,000,000 people watching VALORANT streams in hopes for a key drop. That's a 2.5% "chance" to get a key. I imagine that percentage, while already super low, isn't accurate because of these bots. I would say somewhere around the sub-1% - 1.5% chance of getting a key drop. I don't think any argument in the world will ever convince me, especially with his how game is currently being hyped or marketed, that a 1% drop beta key drop rate for the community is the answer.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think it's one of the weirdest choices tbh. Supposedly, from some streamers that attended the recent event where all this pre-recorded footage was recorded, there will only be 25,000 keys distributed in total for the initial wave. Idk if that includes the date on the 7th but this unfortunately enables tons and tons of bots to be granted beta access to then be turned around and sold to people that are looking for access. Interestingly enough, entire RIOT accounts have to be sold because that's the only way beta access was granted for this drop.

Don't know how you solve for this issue but there were 1,000,000 people watching VALORANT streams in hopes for a key drop. That's a 2.5% "chance" to get a key. I imagine that percentage, while already super low, isn't accurate because of these bots. I would say somewhere around the sub-1% - 1.5% chance of getting a key drop. I don't think any argument in the world will ever convince me, especially with his how game is currently being hyped or marketed, that a 1% drop beta key drop rate for the community is the answer.
I think 25k was just today with many more on the 7th.

Posting some good vids with agent explanations.

Edit: JUST GOT IN!

Nov 4, 2017

The marketing speak of guaranteeing a "solid play experience" is bullshit. Riot can easily handle 25k concurrent users. They want people watching Twitch for as long as possible, and the best way to do that is to make keys extremely rare.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well damn. Glad to see a good amount of you getting in. I promise I'm not bitter.
source.gif
Lol sorry dude. I didn't even pay that much attention to the stream, just had Tim the Tatman running while I did daylies in WoW.

It's offline right now anyway so I gues it doesn't matter to get in that early.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I've accepted I won't get in this wave but I can't bring myself to click off the stream.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol sorry dude. I didn't even pay that much attention to the stream, just had Tim the Tatman running while I did daylies in WoW.

It's offline right now anyway so I gues it doesn't matter to get in that early.

It matters in the sense that people who get access now can start playing as soon as the servers get turned on while everyone else has to keep watching twitch and hoping.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
No point me trying to get into this limited wave as im OCE and it seems its EU/NA only but is it just for me or are most the streams playing videos?

Flash

Oct 27, 2017
I think 25k was just today with many more on the 7th.

Posting some good vids with agent explanations.

Edit: JUST GOT IN!

Ooo...thanks for the video! I was afraid that that was the total number for both days. Hopefully it opens up on the 7th significantly. Would be nice for the beta key drops to be wave upon wave for the next 4 days but it's only for 2.

Also congrats! Enjoy yourself :)

The marketing speak of guaranteeing a "solid play experience" is bullshit. Riot can easily handle 25k concurrent users. They want people watching Twitch for as long as possible, and the best way to do that is to make keys extremely rare.
I think that was part of the mutual deal Twitch and Riot had for this beta release especially with how hyped this game is at the moment. "Scratching backs" memes and all -_-

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
has it been announced anywhere that all the keys that were supposed to be given out today has all been given out? i dont want to continue watching if no more keys are available.

Noaloha

Oct 27, 2017
For someone who was curious about game impressions from the community, this thread is a massive dump of a shite.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
has it been announced anywhere that all the keys that were supposed to be given out today has all been given out? i dont want to continue watching if no more keys are available.
Keys should drop till 6 PM PST. They probably spread them out.

For someone who was curious about game impressions from the community, this thread is a massive dump of a shite.

We can't play till Tuesday. You can look up stream or YouTube for impressions. None of us are able to play.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Really hoping to get in, but my internet connection isn't the greatest in my current living situation. But watching the game through Seagull has been enjoyable. The game looks really neat, and this talk with Pengu has been super enjoyable.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Skins for guns were a given, but I thought they would look more like CS style skins, ie, just a paint job on the gun itself. But instead they look more like Destiny weapons. I love it.

KH0nC06.png

AVffHu5.png

829nzsy.png

Last edited:

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strong and pretty blatant Counter-Strike influences here, lol.

Looks good though. Seems Riot has really freshened up the formula.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Took about 4 hours of watching to get the drop earlier today. It looks like fun and I'm excited to try it out.

While it is kind of a copy of CS, I think it does enough new stuff to stand out as its own thing.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Skins for guns were a given, but I thought they would look more like CS style skins, ie, just a paint job on the gun itself. But instead they look more like Destiny weapons. I love it.

KH0nC06.png

AVffHu5.png

829nzsy.png

Some even evolve. Example the last two pics you posted are the same gun but as you level up you unlock more colors. The first one you posted has it's own bullet tracers, reload animation and death animation. They are very cool.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Some even evolve. Example the last two pics you posted are the same gun but as you level up you unlock more colors. The first one you posted has it's own bullet tracers, reload animation and death animation. They are very cool.

Whoa, even new slow motion death animations for players you kill for the rarer weapon skins. Amazing.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I checked the beta website and it says "You're In" and download and play.

However I didn't get an email or Twitch notifications... confused.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
I've had stream on since this started and nothing, sigh.
Here's hoping on 7th I'll get jackpot.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
For those wondering about spray patterns recoil etc. second video is menu settings. The details on the practice maps are so damn good.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been watching all day, but doesn't look like I'm getting in.

Gonna keep trying starting the 7th.

They're putting more people on the whitelist starting the 7th and continuing after that.

It's a whitelist deal rather than a key in order to dissuade people from reselling.

Status
Not open for further replies.