• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
In about a week of Early Access. It's a hit and well deserved. Can't stop playing it.

Vikings!

This week may go down as the fastest, most powerful and biggest ever Viking invasion witnessed in human history. Why? Valheim has already surpassed one million sales in our first week on Steam Early Access. For measure, that is equivalent to roughly 8,333 Viking-crammed longboats heading to their next conquest!

Not only have we surpassed our first huge milestone together, but the way you have all rallied your weapons and embraced Valheim has been incredible. In just over two years what our small yet formidable studio has been able to achieve is mind blowing.

We really want to thank you for the incredible support you've already shown us, with 160,000 peak concurrent users and over 127,000 peak viewers on Twitch on our first week alone, and this is only the beginning!

Our inboxes are filled to the brims with fantastic feedback and suggestions and we are overjoyed to see how engaged our community is in Valheim's development. We are currently hard at work addressing issues some of our players have reported to maximize the game experience for more vikings!

We are super excited to continue working together throughout 2021, as we bring you tons of cool new content, improvements and … ways to die, through the early access and beyond.

Praise Odin,

The Iron Gate Studio Team

For those who don't know what it is.

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Holy shit, that was fast. Usually these multiplayer early access survival games don't stick with me for more than a few hours, but I have really, really been enjoying this one.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Looks interesting as do all these survival games to me but I don't have a group to play with so just playing it solo is it worthwhile or just don't bother?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I don't game on PC, but really hoping it gets a console release eventually. Looks fantastic and I love co-op games these days.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Hot damn. Based on what I'm seeing, it's well deserved.

Hopefully it won't be staying in early access for too long so I can finally play it.

Mar 11, 2020
Looks interesting as do all these survival games to me but I don't have a group to play with so just playing it solo is it worthwhile or just don't bother?

I've been having fun solo, though i've hit the wall of not finding any swamps nearby, i know a few have had this trouble. I don't regret the purchase and already played for 20 hours but i may wait for more content to play more

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how this little free game called Valheim turned into a million seller in a time-span of just 2 years.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I might play this with a few friends soon, but until then is this at all enjoyable solo?

Last edited:

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The publisher (Coffee Stain) really knows how to pick hits. Goat Simulator, Deep Rock Galactic, Satisfactory and now this.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And it's very much worth the $20 now.
Absolutely. It's just amazing that the first build of the game was out there for a while, completeley free to download from the private developers website but nobody really cared. Then (I guess) other Devs join the team, heavily re-work the original build and the new version becomes a million seller on Steam.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I might play with a few friends soon, but until then is this at al enjoyable solo?

I tried it out for two hours and I enjoyed it a lot. I'd be happy to continue playing solo but some friends have set up a server so I'm going to play with them.

However, you can move your character between servers and solo instances apparently. So if you ever get the itch to play with others you can keep the leveling progress you've made on your character.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wow! That's quite the success story. It's on my wish list I'm trying to get my regular gaming group to give it a shot one evening.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
The publisher (Coffee Stain) really knows how to pick hits. Goat Simulator, Deep Rock Galactic, Satisfactory and now this.

Although it wasn't a commercial success in the league of the games above, Huntdown was another game from Coffee Stain publishing that was incredibly good!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Tweeted like 3 days ago to Phil Spencer that I hope he picks this up for the Xbox Preview Program..

I hope he's on it, this deal gets more expensive every day he waits. :P

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I tried it out for two hours and I enjoyed it a lot. I'd be happy to continue playing solo but some friends have set up a server so I'm going to play with them.

However, you can move your character between servers and solo instances apparently. So if you ever get the itch to play with others you can keep the leveling progress you've made on your character.
Great to hear, can't wait to give it a go!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Great to hear, can't wait to give it a go!

It's basically like Minecraft Survival Mode back then. You're in your own generated world with you slowly progressing more and more, defining the world you're in with building stuff and changing the place while traveling more and more to different places and unlocking more stuff.
You can be extremely sucked into your own world and universe just like with Minecraft back then.

Plus here is so much more meat on the bone with real progression and bosses and difficulty based on biomes, it makes it an even better single player experience.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. It's just amazing that the first build of the game was out there for a while, completeley free to download from the private developers website but nobody really cared. Then (I guess) other Devs join the team, heavily re-work the original build and the new version becomes a million seller on Steam.

I never even heard of it until just this week. How can you expect people to know about this?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The seemingly insatiable hunger for survival games is something else. This one looks pretty neat, but I think I'm all survival'd out.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
This game got me hooked in a way that feels a lot like how Terraria got me hooked....Its basically 3d Terraria for me. I can see this becoming big just like it too.

Excited to see what they do with this massive success!

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I think honestly its about putting the game in a community like steam where it gets noticed. Just having a free client on your website doesn't market or spread word of mouth even close to putting it on steam whether as F2P or Paid.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Great game, I'm not a fan of survival games in general but I think this one has a great balance where its more about expansion and world exploration than die/survive/repeat

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Game absolutely deserves this. 40 hours played on multiple worlds and haven't even seen the second boss yet.
Currently running a community server where we build a big village and stuff