• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
No stopping this train.

Greetings!

This February has been truly wild! Less than three weeks into Early Access, we've already hit another milestone. Valheim has now been purchased by over three million brave Vikings looking to survive the 10th world of the Yggdrasil - or die trying - probably crushed by a falling tree.

To keep up with the old norse references, this is now equivalent to 74,319 longhouses stuffed with Vikings singing songs and celebrating victory with some great tasting mead, so.. SKÅL!

We're also continuing to break records! Here's what we've achieved together in the last week:
  • Over 60,000 'Overwhelmingly Positive' reviews
  • Officially entered the Steam's Top 250 best reviewed games of all time (we're 78th and climbing!)
  • Currently 7th most streamed game on twitch, surpassing CS:GO, Dota 2, Minecraft and Rust
  • Over 20 million hours of gameplay already watched - now help us find a Viking reference for this one!

What is even more incredible is all the great content you have already been sending our way. We've seen amazing art, read great stories and heard awesome music - all inspired by Valheim, all in the space of 17 days.

The Iron Gate team wanted to share one more big thank you to everyone who has already joined us on this exciting journey of mythological proportions.

Speak to you soon <3

Praise Odin!

The Iron Gate Team

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
The trees falling over sold me on the game.

I wonder how many other people were sold on that alone.

Saks for ost

Oct 27, 2017
Oslo
Very deserved. 60 hours deep and still so much to explore and discover. Its really packed with content, puts many other Early access titles to shame.

Jun 17, 2018
Well deserved. Its certainly going to take something to top this as game of the year for me so far. What an excellent game, made even better with friends.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
Good price and a quality well thought early access game. The same publisher as the also good Deep Rock Galactic, they got a good eye.

I'm considering buying it but don't know if it's good for solo.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The game deserves it.

It took everything that our lizard brains like about survival gameplay and streamlined the entire thing to give nothing but positive feedback as you play.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I predicted 5 millions before April, but at this rate it's going to be before mid-March, crazy success there.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
im constantly at awe with this game. i really like the low poly on HD look. i did not like it in pictures, but once i started playing, it all comes together so well.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Great job by Iron Gate to deliver what they have so far. It's a tremendous effort by all of their workers.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved an incredible experience with friends and the new gold standard for Early Access survival games.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
That's an amazing record. I find the game to be quite polished even though it's still in early access.
The way everything comes together is fantastic.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Best game I have played in years. And to think it only has 75% features and 50% content is pretty bonkers.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a few videos and it looks really fun. Unfortunately the UI is killing me so I will most likely wait until the game comes together a bit more.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Game is so good, it's great to see it blow up. I haven't lost time in a game like this in a long time. So chill.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Man, congrats to Coffee Stain Games. They seem to be an up and coming little publisher.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Holy hell, there really is no stopping this train. The game deserves every single word of praise, it truly is great.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
I'm one of them!

I've had a weird relationship with survival games - I like the concept, but have never enjoyed playing them. Valheim is totally different! Really enjoying this game!

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
It's great. It's accessible, cute, polished for an early access, cheap and engaging. It's a good game, so I am happy for the devs for putting out a competent, polished product with enough content to keep entertained for a while. Excited for future optimizations and content.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Very sweet.

With such a huge boost in revenue, hopefully they'll grow the team and get the game out of early access in a decent amount of time, brushing up on some existent features and pumping in some new ones.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Congrats!

I have a friend who usually jumps into these PC games that suddenly hit big (recently FallGuys, Among Us, Phasmophobia). But to my surprise he hadn't bought it yet, I inquired what's up with that. "Nah doesn't seem like fun without a bigger group of friends to play with, not interested". Just few days later he already has clocked almost 30 hours into the game. Gave me a chuckle. Maybe this could be the one I take a crack at too.
That way I hate PC master race .
tenor.gif

Not sure if there was some language barrier here? Like did you mean that you hate the memeing about PC Master Race, when actually many of the popular titles run with a "toaster" and no high end rigs are needed? I don't know, it's very unclear what you intended to say.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats!

I have a friend who usually jumps into these PC games that suddenly hit big (recently FallGuys, Among Us, Phasmophobia). But to my surprise he hadn't bought it yet, I inquired what's up with that. "Nah doesn't seem like fun without a bigger group of friends to play with, not interested". Just few days later he already has clocked almost 30 hours into the game. Gave me a chuckle. Maybe this could be the one I take a crack at too.

tenor.gif

Not sure if there was some language barrier here?
Brought up "PC Master Race" for zero reason, so clearly platform warring in some way

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Brought up "PC Master Race" for zero reason, so clearly platform warring in some way
Heh yeah, that's what confuses me. It was so completely unprovoked response, came from absolutely nowhere. A good vibes thread of a smaller dev finding success, no elitism or anything in sight, but yet this happens.

Last edited:

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried to get into several survival/crafting games and have been unable. This is the first one that's hooked me past the intro stuff. There's something about the minimal look and feel of it, with the open world that just begs to be explored (ala BotW).

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Great game, will be even better once it is stable. If they can get it to stop crashing for so many folks we will be in business!

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't really played many survival/build games, but this game is easily the most fun I've had with friends maybe since vanilla wow. My friends and I are hooked. I set up a server for us the second day after we all purchased it. Its quite good and hours melt away while playing it. It is pretty insane how many hours some people have put into it already.

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing on a server with friends been a blast but if it doesn't get minecraft like updates I can see it dieing fast.

Zavist

Oct 25, 2017
Personaly, I really dislike it. Ui, gameloop, looks, fighting mechanics - all pretty mediocre to bad. I hope it inspires more pve survival games since I do enjoy them.