• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Me and the rest of my group of 3 finally arrived in the swamp area, we were roughing it with some of the new enemies, along comes a troll and ends me with one swipe of his felled tree as i'm jumping in mid-air. No sign of my corpse anywhere :(. I assume I was launched into the stratosphere never to be seen again. I didn't have any crazy gear as we'd only unlocked bronze hear a few hours before but it's still a huge pain in the arse to farm all that equipment again when you're early in the game.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
Once done with Bonemass, what should I do? At the plains, the goblins and the mosquitos one hit me and the snowy mountains freeze me...

Dec 23, 2017
Once done with Bonemass, what should I do? At the plains, the goblins and the mosquitos one hit me and the snowy mountains freeze me...

Place bonfires on the mountain to keep you warm. Just beware of the blizzards as that will put them out.

Frost resistant mead also helps.

Once you get your hands on the wolf cape, you won't have to worry about being near bonfires to keep warm.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make some frost resistant potions, equip that wish bone, and head to the mountains to search for buried silver veins. You can use that to make the Wolf Armor, which will give you the same effect of frost resistant potions. (pro-tip: you only need one piece of wolf armor to get the frost resistant effect, and the cape is the cheapest to make!)

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that's part of the inventory+weight management of the game.
A little weird that people want a game that is already quite easy and respecting of the player to be even easier XD

I agree, the game is already super easy when it comes the normal survival game nonsense.

The only thing I feel about the game thats probably too harsh is the death penalty, it will wreck your stats at higher levels.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Place bonfires on the mountain to keep you warm. Just beware of the blizzards as that will put them out.

Frost resistant mead also helps.

Once you get your hands on the wolf cape, you won't have to worry about being near bonfires to keep warm.
Make some frost resistant potions, equip that wish bone, and head to the mountains to search for buried silver veins. You can use that to make the Wolf Armor, which will give you the same effect of frost resistant potions. (pro-tip: you only need one piece of wolf armor to get the frost resistant effect, and the cape is the cheapest to make!)
I gave like a little nudge in the right direction and you all write fucing step by step guides :P

Mar 29, 2018
Are you supposed to move your base camp out of the Meadows after you gear up or just use portals to jump around with some secondary bases scattered throughout?

Also, I just found out that seed jumping is a thing. On Reddit someone posted "the perfect seed". I used it to find and kill the second boss.

Map
kv5ai2pp34i61.png
Not sure if anyone replied properly, but we tend to have multiple small bases established in several places. Maybe one big primary base back near the stones, but there's no limit on having lots of bases

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you all for the replies about the snowy zone. I've been there right now and it was a pretty shitty incursion: zero secret silver zones and pleeeeenty of flying dragons vs. someone (me) without any arrows. I reeeeeally enjoyed the first two zones but the swamps and the mountains aren't ringing with me. All that came after the Elder has been kinda meh for me...

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Just picked this up and played for an hour or so with a couple of the homies. This is the first time one of these "got popular on Twitch and is now the game of the month" has actually appealed to me since it's kind of a mix of Elder Scrolls (combat and skill ups) with Minecraft/Terraria style PVE. Normally these Rust-likes turn me off with all the PVP and griefing. This one seems like a more chill co-op experience with the squad and that's way more my sauce. Real good first impression. Good job on the devs. Can't wait to see how this thing shapes up as they ramp up development

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Thank you all for the replies about the snowy zone. I've been there right now and it was a pretty shitty incursion: zero secret silver zones and pleeeeenty of flying dragons vs. someone (me) without any arrows. I reeeeeally enjoyed the first two zones but the swamps and the mountains aren't ringing with me. All that came after the Elder has been kinda meh for me...
Did you actually equip the wishbone? As in, right clicked it, equipped it and ran around to find silver?
Cause I find it hard to believe there wasn't any silver at all.

Just picked this up and played for an hour or so with a couple of the homies. This is the first time one of these "got popular on Twitch and is now the game of the month" has actually appealed to me since it's kind of a mix of Elder Scrolls (combat and skill ups) with Minecraft/Terraria style PVE. Normally these Rust-likes turn me off with all the PVP and griefing. This one seems like a more chill co-op experience with the squad and that's way more my sauce. Real good first impression. Good job on the devs. Can't wait to see how this thing shapes up as they ramp up development

That's because this ISN'T a "got popular on Twitch" game.
The game became huge and had tons of players before Twitch views even regularly broke 15-20k.
Even now the game has a good viewership but isn't crazy constant on top like many others were.
The game is simply good and got tons of actual word of mouth instead of just "muh favorite streamer likes".

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
Did you actually equip the wishbone? As in, right clicked it, equipped it and ran around to find silver?
Cause I find it hard to believe there wasn't any silver at all.

Yes. And it glowed at a big rock just to stop glowing after I encountered skeleton bones. I used two anti-freeze potions (20 minutes) and fighted a golem and a dozen of dragons for nothing...

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Ok. I'm not crazy. I thought I saw a hooded figure in an area near the third boss but I turned the camera and when I got closer it was gone.

The thought is that it's Odin because it matches the description that he appears to mortals as a hooded and beared figure, carrying a stick and has one glowing blue eye. The raven is also one of his messengers.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Yes. And it glowed at a big rock just to stop glowing after I encountered skeleton bones. I used two anti-freeze potions (20 minutes) and fighted a golem and a dozen of dragons for nothing...
Was it pulsing fast and making a tone? If you just started digging right when you first see it, I can see you maybe going out of range if you dug away from where it was trying to lead you.

StewboaT

Mar 6, 2018
Just got hit with the tombstone bug after 25 hours of play. Goodbye inventory. I've put in a refund request, wish me luck.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last night was a four hour exercise in frustration!

It was me and my other friend who plays a lot, 2 who are still fairly new, and 2 who are brand new. Six total. We wanted to craft a long boat and explore a little, maybe locate Moder and set up a portal.

Things started...poorly. After kitting everyone up in what we had (some wood armor, but mostly iron and bronze), we built the long boat and set off. 100 yards off shore from our Plains base, we lag out and beach our ship right next to the swamp. Okay, that's fine, the swamp isn't so bad, but it takes us a while to dig out the ship and one of our guys lags out and is killed by the swamp baddies.

He respawns in the Plains base, but is killed multiple times by deathsquitoes (he's one of the two fairly new players) before we can pick him up again. We get to his body by the swamp, but no one can access his tombstone. He AND our other fairly new player are killed again before we see off and we collectively decide to just continue sailing ndd build the portal when we land down the coast and he'll just warp in.

Except we realize he had all the materials for the portal and we don't have any extra.

We also figure out the lag seemed to be caused by one of our guys streaming the game.

Still, we move onward and spot a Fuling camp on the coast with three bonfires, which we know we can break down into three surtling cores. Keep in mind it's now just me and my experienced friend + 2 brand new guys, who we're babysitting. We land further down the shore, set the 2 babies on a giant rock and just hope they stay safe from Fuling patrols and squitoes, and start slowly kiting and eliminating the 12+ fulings and 2 berserkers. Except with maybe 4 fulings left, we both die.

So all of us except the 2 brand new guys respawned at the Plains base with almost no gear (because we gave it to all the new guys), trying to carefully clear out a path to shore, which is now swarming with deathsquitoes.

Meanwhile, the 2 brand new players are actually able to commandeer the long boat and sail all the way back to us at the base...only for the boat to be destroyed by a lox.

Which is fine, because by then we've cleared a path with our one bow and wood arrows, and swim out to collect the long boat materials at the bottom of the inlet.

Then, we all gather at a safe place on shore, I rebuild the long boat, we jump in, and IT FUCKING DISAPPEARS.

Just straight vanishes. A few minutes later, one player says he can actually see the boat inside our base(???) for a moment before it disappears.

Hours later, we manage to build the smaller boat (not the raft) and sail BACK to where we died (we were also able to pick up our friends tombstone after all logging out and back in), rearmed, and made our portal base there. Avoided a sea serpent on the way there, too, which was of course the first time we (almost) encountered one. That kind of night.

Very frustrating, but we also understand it's in Early Access and tried to not take it too seriously. Maybe I'm just saying that because we managed to pick all our stuff back up, though :D

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Last night was a four hour exercise in frustration!

It was me and my other friend who plays a lot, 2 who are still fairly new, and 2 who are brand new. Six total. We wanted to craft a long boat and explore a little, maybe locate Moder and set up a portal.

Things started...poorly. After kitting everyone up in what we had (some wood armor, but mostly iron and bronze), we built the long boat and set off. 100 yards off shore from our Plains base, we lag out and beach our ship right next to the swamp. Okay, that's fine, the swamp isn't so bad, but it takes us a while to dig out the ship and one of our guys lags out and is killed by the swamp baddies.

He respawns in the Plains base, but is killed multiple times by deathsquitoes (he's one of the two fairly new players) before we can pick him up again. We get to his body by the swamp, but no one can access his tombstone. He AND our other fairly new player are killed again before we see off and we collectively decide to just continue sailing ndd build the portal when we land down the coast and he'll just warp in.

Except we realize he had all the materials for the portal and we don't have any extra.

We also figure out the lag seemed to be caused by one of our guys streaming the game.

Still, we move onward and spot a Fuling camp on the coast with three bonfires, which we know we can break down into three surtling cores. Keep in mind it's now just me and my experienced friend + 2 brand new guys, who we're babysitting. We land further down the shore, set the 2 babies on a giant rock and just hope they stay safe from Fuling patrols and squitoes, and start slowly kiting and eliminating the 12+ fulings and 2 berserkers. Except with maybe 4 fulings left, we both die.

So all of us except the 2 brand new guys respawned at the Plains base with almost no gear (because we gave it to all the new guys), trying to carefully clear out a path to shore, which is now swarming with deathsquitoes.

Meanwhile, the 2 brand new players are actually able to commandeer the long boat and sail all the way back to us at the base...only for the boat to be destroyed by a lox.

Which is fine, because by then we've cleared a path with our one bow and wood arrows, and swim out to collect the long boat materials at the bottom of the inlet.

Then, we all gather at a safe place on shore, I rebuild the long boat, we jump in, and IT FUCKING DISAPPEARS.

Just straight vanishes. A few minutes later, one player says he can actually see the boat inside our base(???) for a moment before it disappears.

Hours later, we manage to build the smaller boat (not the raft) and sail BACK to where we died (we were also able to pick up our friends tombstone after all logging out and back in), rearmed, and made our portal base there. Avoided a sea serpent on the way there, too, which was of course the first time we (almost) encountered one. That kind of night.

Very frustrating, but we also understand it's in Early Access and tried to not take it too seriously. Maybe I'm just saying that because we managed to pick all our stuff back up, though :D

The game does not support that level of people. We had the same issue. The developer even states 3-5. It has something to do with the networking in the game being server based for world and buildings etc, but player interaction is P2P I know they're working on it. But it's a laggy mess with more than 5 people in my experience. Horrid.

StewboaT

Mar 6, 2018
No,I hope your refund gets declined. The devs earned your money. You played for 25 fucking hours.
Grow up.
No they didn't, all my progress was completely erased at the second boss due to no fault of my own. I also spent 20 bucks on a dedicated server.
Just use the cheat commands to get back what you lost.
I tried but it doesn't work when using a dedicated server. Any ideas of a work around?

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
I've probably spent like 5 hours searching for this damn merchant. I've heard you can spawn him using console commands but I wanna find him on my own.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
No they didn't, all my progress was completely erased at the second boss due to no fault of my own. I also spent 20 bucks on a dedicated server.

I tried but it doesn't work when using a dedicated server. Any ideas of a work around?

just use cheat commands to spawn the gear you lost. It's a few key strokes after reviewing the command list.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The server I'm playing on cleared out all the dungeons on the main island and i'm far behind them. SHould I just make my own shard and look for dungeons?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The server I'm playing on cleared out all the dungeons on the main island and i'm far behind them. SHould I just make my own shard and look for dungeons?
Your characters transfers between any server, so you can build a makeshift base on your own server, go raid a bunch of dungeons, then load up all your loot into your inventory and switch back to your friends' server.
The Burial Chambers are just the start, you'll find that it isn't the biggest issue in the long run.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Clearly visible on the steam store page:

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Finally made my cozy place.

FDA6B9AE6B9DE29ABAF0F2C0449823D56F526036

75A1944FBED7CBA4B7EFE02BE77E5814D73F8406

90DADA935626FEFB2D318362D9CAEF0549493A7F

Now to fill it up with even more stuff...

I'm loving the game and taking my time with a couple of friends, we only now figured the spot to summon Bonemass so we've got a ways to go. Spent a lot of time just building the base and exploring.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
After scouting out most of my starting island I have a few small pockets of Black Forest and that's it, I have another island of mostly meadow to the south, but a whole island of nothing but Black Forest to the west.

Also found around 20 Viking burial sites on my starting island alone, they're everywhere.

datwr

Nov 5, 2017
The longhouse is a work in progress, but we got the feast properly setup, with maximum comfort!
I hope they add some more complexity to the comfort and furniture system in the future.

unknown.png

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
The homies and I got our own server to coop on. Is there any way to save the server so we don't have to search for the IP every time we join?

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
I feel I've already had my $20 worth from this and I haven't even left (or fully mapped) my starting island or faced the first boss. Lol.

Just spending hours wandering around, hunting, gathering and refurbishing shacks into viable homes. Love it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The longhouse is a work in progress, but we got the feast properly setup, with maximum comfort!
I hope they add some more complexity to the comfort and furniture system in the future.

unknown.png
the first update on the roadmap is titled "Hearth and Home" so I figure that will add more things to do with buildings and such

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game does not support that level of people. We had the same issue. The developer even states 3-5. It has something to do with the networking in the game being server based for world and buildings etc, but player interaction is P2P I know they're working on it. But it's a laggy mess with more than 5 people in my experience. Horrid.

Damn. Their goal is up to 10 players though, right?

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
Anybody else getting random CTDs? Played 6h yesterday with no crashes but can't go 20 min without crashing today :I