• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How do you dismantle a campfire? It is blocking my way to...my previous death stone.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Really? It seems to stay stuck for me whatever the speed. I literally have to get out and push haha.
don't move the rudder, just set it straight. set to paddle speed either forward or backward. then once the boat actually moves forward you can start using the rudder again.
the ship acceleration becomes weird when you set the ship to turn without it already moving either forward or backwards.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm way behind most people, but I finally killed the first boss after buying the game yesterday. Took a fair bit of fumbling and experimenting to figure the basics out, but I got there eventually. The game spawned the boss altar on an island, so after an hour or two of wandering around I finally decided it was indeed an island, and I'd need to sail. Built a raft and fought with the controls for a while before finally getting it down. I landed on the island, summoned the boss, and arrowed it to death pretty easily. Still a great feeling of satisfaction considering the amount of prep and time spent learning to achieve the goal.

Now onward to the next area, and probably moving my tiny little base to a better location.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My friends and I are thinking about playing together, is it worth renting a dedicated server for?
I paid 11€ for 30 days at G Portal and it has been an awesome time with people being able to play whenever they want and our village and outposts growing.
We got like 5-6 people playing.
If you and your friends throw together, it's like a couple euro for each.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
don't move the rudder, just set it straight. set to paddle speed either forward or backward. then once the boat actually moves forward you can start using the rudder again.
the ship acceleration becomes weird when you set the ship to turn without it already moving either forward or backwards.
Yeah that works. Thanks. I thought for sure that when I tried it before that it was stuck in paddle mode and I wasn't touching the rudder.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Me: I am going to build this huge structure.
Me an hour later: That doesn't look right, tear it all down. Hahaha

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Trapped some boars into a fenced area and feeding them tamed them (slowly). Dad they don't follow me around though. They sure follow me when they're wild though...

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So, paused for the weekend, time to continue. Reading how much farther 90% of you are now is a bit demotivating but I hope I'll be able to catch up.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
After spending almost 50 hours on our server we decided to nuke it, restart a new seed and go in with hardcore rules. So far we got permadeath (roll new character at death, can't pick up stuff), no repairing, no portals and no map. I'm excited because the game was way too easy at the point we were at. I think in the almost 50 hours i died once.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing with a friend in a seed created by me. Is there any way that he can play in that seed when I'm not ingame?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, hitting the iron age really opens up a lot of new crafting options. Finally have a use for all this stone!!!

Having to dismantle everything just to move them around is pretty annoying, specially chests. =(

I think this is how they behave in most survival games, TBH. Except most other games penalize you by not giving you all your mats back when you deconstruct. This is way better!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
how do you trap them and feed them?
I built a ring of fencing and led a wild boar chasing me into it, then closed it up with another fence (but a built gate may be easier?) and then from inventory split stacks of berries and mushrooms and dropped them into the pen. Had to sneak to not aggro them and once it ate hearts came out and took like 3 in game days to reach 100% acclimated.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
I built a ring of fencing and led a wild boar chasing me into it, then closed it up with another fence (but a built gate may be easier?) and then from inventory split stacks of berries and mushrooms and dropped them into the pen. Had to sneak to not aggro them and once it ate hearts came out and took like 3 in game days to reach 100% acclimated.

cool! Thanks

Phoenics

Apr 23, 2019
United Kingdom, Horsham
Good Progress on our project
3Ud5bFK.jpg

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
One thing to remember, is use your dodge roll.

Game is basically Dark Souls lite with how many i frames you get during that roll.

You can just dance around trolls.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Just made a shield. How does parry work?
Block their attack right before it happens (it's a pretty decent sized window though). If your Parry Force is high enough (it's a stat on the shield, so like the basic leather shield won't really work on stronger enemies, you need to upgrade), the enemy will stagger for a bit and you'll crit when you attack.

Got my first Deathsquito kills that way

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Block their attack right before it happens (it's a pretty decent sized window though). If your Parry Force is high enough (it's a stat on the shield, so like the basic leather shield won't really work on stronger enemies, you need to upgrade), the enemy will stagger for a bit and you'll crit when you attack.

Got my first Deathsquito kills that way
Also love that the bronze buckler does 2x parry damage vs 1.5 on the others. Lil dark souls love thrown in there.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Do bonfires do anything special? Their range doesn't seem larger than that of a campfire? They're pretty expensive if they're just cosmetic.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so, game is great. But I have visited multiple swamps, a good 6-8 or so of different sizes, and none of them have had any crypts and it's really frustrating. I just want to get past bronze :[

Edit: Apparently I just needed to complain about it a bit. Just found a swamp with multiple lol

Advantages compared to the Campfire:
  • Lights a much larger area
  • Does not go out in rain/storm
  • Multiple cooking instruments (Cooking station, Cauldron) can be placed near it

You can have multiple cooking things up on a normal campfire as well, though obviously not as many as a bonfire. (My current main base fire has two stations and a cauldron on it. )

Last edited:

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
How is everyone playing the game? I've been using mouse/keyboard, but I can't reliably dodge roll. Thinking of switching to controller.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Okay so, game is great. But I have visited multiple swamps, a good 6-8 or so of different sizes, and none of them have had any crypts and it's really frustrating. I just want to get past bronze :[

You can have multiple cooking things up on a normal campfire as well, though obviously not as many as a bonfire. (My current main base fire has two stations and a cauldron on it. )
I literally just copied the wiki entry

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I made a full silver armor, decided to go farm some plains, died to 2 mosquitos, the bastards also destroyed my portal.

Now my silver armor is stuck half a world away.

Oops.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I made a full silver armor, decided to go farm some plains, died to 2 mosquitos, the bastards also destroyed my portal.

Now my silver armor is stuck half a world away.

Oops.
Really? I am in full iron armor and mosquitos aren't really an issue anymore damage wise.
I usually also just parry them cause them flying at you in a straight line makes that quite easy and they die from the tiniest hit

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not finding much on this. But I've seen a few people state you can't host a server on a raspberry pi 4 yea? Due to the client files and pi being ARM even with docker or another virtualization. I have an extra one, and figured I might make use for this.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing with a friend in a seed created by me. Is there any way that he can play in that seed when I'm not ingame?

You can create a dedicated server hosted on your computer, where it only needs to be running instead of having the host in-game for others to join. We just now bug our friend to leave his PC on instead of nagging him to come online.

I believe this guide will be of help.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up yesterday and was enjoying it but it didn't quite hook me. Gave it another shot today and oh God where did the last four hours go.

L337Sauce

Oct 4, 2019
I've heard about a hardcore / permadeath mode but don't see an option to enable this. Am I missing something?

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally built a house. Janky af but it works. My goal is to make each one past the Meadows a bit better every time. Guess it's time for the first boss soon.

Hexnest

Sep 18, 2020
A troll wandered to my settlement in the Black Forest and it almost gave me a heart attack.

I highly suggest building a trench/raised land around your settlement for protection if you build in that biome to keep out the baddies.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
E3063E54FB5375A434FA87671962A0AEB21F4EFF

The start of my settlement near a swamp, there's a river between the swamp and me and it's doing a great job at keeping stuff away from me. That building back there took a lot more work than I anticipated.

A970FE2E5209C00AEAC2F9DAFF7AB219EEDD7B8F

CC6D8EE8BEC43AF8BD06941DB679FF3ABE15CB9A

Work in progress, almost empty with a bed just placed there. :P

Loving the game, I and a couple of friends are going to rent a server tomorrow, the game is just too good. Now to build this fucking building on the server as well, at least I learned through trial and error how to keep this thing up...