• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's like roughly 200k copies a day since they hit 3 million. Should hit 5 million at the end of this week/start of next.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Grz to the team. I'm one of those players and enjoying it for the most part, stamina regen is the main thing that annoys me about it though

Nov 8, 2017
Pretty fun game. I had to run it at 720p Lowest settings on my 8 year old PC, but I'm nearly 20 hours in and enjoying it a lot so far (playing co-op with my brother).

In particular, its refreshing to not need to deal with a shitty tethering system after playing Conan Exiles and ARK.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I can't believe how little play this game is getting on ResetEra. This has been the most gripping title I've played in a long time

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I just bought it last night. This is the best survival game I've played. I love it.

I spent my first few minutes punching boars.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this is a game where if I dropped the $20 on it I would start trying to build a place to live/base/house and after 30 minutes throw my hands up and say "Nope." I am not afraid to admit I don't have the attention span I used to for these type of games.

Has the dev released a timeline of what they are looking to add/improve upon as the game keeps going?

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
game seems very intriguing but it doesn't seem to be that great for solos? can't convince my group to play anything other than WZ

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Serious props for these sales milestones. After getting a dedicated server up and running for our friend group, our playtime has pretty much exploded. I'm really impressed with the system depth despite being early access.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. Devs earned them millions. This game could be the next Stardew Valley or NMS. So many possibilities.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty crazy for a very small studio, I know they're hiring to bring more stuff to the game though.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Damn I want to try but I have never really liked any of the survival games or builders. The rpg elements are pulling me in as well as the setting, still don't know though.

Been looking for a new game to break me away from Persona 4.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I want to try but I have never really liked any of the survival games or builders. The rpg elements are pulling me in as well as the setting, still don't know though.

Been looking for a new game to break me away from Persona 4.
You got two hours to try it on steam. Admittedly though two hours may not be enough to sell it.

This game keeps pretty much the best bits from survival and builder games and removes a fair bit of tedium. Worth a shot.

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Amazing, hope it keeps trucking along, such a fun little game. Would love to see it on consoles sooner rather than later so I could enjoy it with more of my friends.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain what makes this game more fun than others of the same genre? Hearing a lot about it and I'm curious.
i just started playing it but it seems to hit a bunch of things right including survival, the mechanics and just the feeling of the game. They also hit the price right for where they are.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I feel like this is a game where if I dropped the $20 on it I would start trying to build a place to live/base/house and after 30 minutes throw my hands up and say "Nope." I am not afraid to admit I don't have the attention span I used to for these type of games

I've always ignored games like this for these exact reasons. Never played much Minecraft, tried Ark, Stardew Valley & Subnautica and stopped after a few hours.

I have to be approaching 30 hours played already and I bought it a little over a week ago. The game simplifies or gets rid of so many tedious tasks while maintaining the addiction to keep pushing through. Also a great balance between building+exploring if you get sick of one or the other.

Should give it a shot for for those 2 hours and see if it hits you as hard as it hits me! I haven't even been playing other games recently. The addiction is that bad...

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe how little play this game is getting on ResetEra. This has been the most gripping title I've played in a long time

ResetERA by and large doesn't care about PC centric titles. It's why Disco Elysium didn't blow up here and I'm just waiting for the console ports to see people discussing what I wanted to see two years ago.

But yeah this train ain't stopping! I'll stop by in the post for 5 Million Sales too soon.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is not super into survival type games is this one worth checking out? Maybe I have just never invested enough time to really get into one.

Oct 31, 2017
Can someone explain what makes this game more fun than others of the same genre? Hearing a lot about it and I'm curious.
I'm not sure either.
I gave Valheim few hours and I can't spot a single thing that Conan Exiles didn't do better. Sometimes even by a significant margin.

Clear, Conan Exiles is older at this point so people are growing tired of it. But that's none of my business since I got into it just a couple of months ago, so the comparison is fresh in my mind.

P.S. Note for context that I played both exclusively as single player titles.

Saks for ost

Oct 27, 2017
Oslo
I'm not sure either.
I gave Valheim few hours and I can't spot a single thing that Conan Exiles didn't do better. Sometimes even by a significant margin.

Clear, Conan Exiles is older at this point so people are growing tired of it. But that's none of my business since I got into it just a couple of months ago, so the comparison is fresh in my mind.

Conan Exile is much more expensive tho. Especially with the DLC.

Daeoc

Oct 27, 2017
MA
I'm not sure either.

Haven't really played either(and probably won't), but it is a very small download, less demanding, and costs less.

Argos7

Nov 20, 2020
As someone who is not super into survival type games is this one worth checking out? Maybe I have just never invested enough time to really get into one.
Yes. As others have said it isn't your typical survival game. You aren't going to starve or die of thirst. Biggest threat to survival is mobs of enemies out of nowhere.

Oct 31, 2017
Conan Exile is much more expensive tho. Especially with the DLC.
Well, I didn't buy a single DLC so far and the only reason I had the game in my library to begin with is that I got it for pennies in an old Humble Bundle.

Haven't really played either(and probably won't), but it is a very small download, less demanding, and costs less.
Sounds more a bunch of logistic advantages (incidentally, ones I really don't care about) than a merit of the actual game.

Yes. As others have said it isn't your typical survival game. You aren't going to starve or die of thirst.
I've seen other people on reddit cheerfully mention this stuff as a big merit and I'm honestly sure why.
Worrying about having enough resources to make it through while going through a desert or a dungeon is precisely part of the appeal while exploring in CE.

I know some people seem to embrace that type of mindset, but I'm vehemently against the notion that everything that is more convenient to the player in the short term makes a game better.
Experiencing thirst, hunger, environmental hazards (cold, heat, poison gasses, etc) and the inconvenience of not having any form of fast travel until way later into the game does make for a better game in Conan.

Last edited:

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Fun game for 20 bucks. Just killed the third boss recently with a bud of mine. Playing this alone wouldn't be for me, but luckily friends and a dedicated server really helps.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
I'd give it a shot, especially at $20. No one on my dedicated server is really into survival games and we're all having an absolute blast. Managing the survival aspects is super easy and in a lot of ways is just an optional bonus