• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's up with the MC's hair? It's very distracting haha.

Everyone else looks normal.
tvtropes.org

Idiot Hair - TV Tropes

Ahogenote Not to be confused with Eroge, or Ahegao, a similarly risqué concept. (literally idiot hair) refers to the noticeable slim forelock of hair that sticks straight up from a character's head. Originally a hairdresser term for …

Ramza from FFT and Marche from FFTA also have it

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
tvtropes.org

Idiot Hair - TV Tropes

Ahogenote Not to be confused with Eroge, or Ahegao, a similarly risqué concept. (literally idiot hair) refers to the noticeable slim forelock of hair that sticks straight up from a character's head. Originally a hairdresser term for …

Ramza from FFT and Marche from FFTA also have it

But from reading that tweet thread someone posted earlier, his hair looks normal in his "flashback".

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to play this off and on for about ten years now and have never managed more than an hour. I'm scared of the complexity, and I'm missing out on something real special.

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
Such a great game that does has some flaws but man... that story, the graphics and art style, the music. Just incredible. If the game had some QoL stuff such as faster saving and quick weapon switching it would be nigh perfect for me. I love Matsuno and the team that usually follows him into his various games so much.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I played a chunk of this a while back and definitely wanna give it another shot.

It's one of those rare PS1-era games where the real-time art direction and cut scenes still look good. I didn't realize they intentionally made it look like an American comic book, which when you think about it is perfect for the hardware at that time.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, I love, love love VS. Had to make something for the occasion

vagrant_story_02092020.png

Fantastic. Sydney Losstarot is probably my favorite game villain. His waif like build doesn't stop him being menacing and I seem to recall there being a lot of fan art/fiction inspired by him online back in the day.

Oct 28, 2017
Still blows my mind that Square released vagrant story, ffix, chrono cross, legend of mana, and parasite eve 2 all within one year. That was truly square at their absolute zenith.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic. Sydney Losstarot is probably my favorite game villain. His waif like build doesn't stop him being menacing and I seem to recall there being a lot of fan art/fiction inspired by him online back in the day.
If Square made the game today under the same specs (pushing its current hardware to its limits) the internet would explode. Two super hot dudes? Both barely clothed? One a grieving widow? From Square? Promare fan fiction would pale in comparison

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
If Square made the game today under the same specs (pushing its current hardware to its limits) the internet would explode. Two super hot dudes? Both barely clothed? One a grieving widow? From Square? Promare fan fiction would pale in comparison

Both of their outfits would be censored in a patch after the manchildren complain—the same ones who decry censorship when minors' designs are desexualized, for added irony. See:

Mobius-FF-Shot-03.jpg

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I need to get back to it again. The game has an incredible atmosphere and even graphics look awesome to this day, but the weapon system became a little too much of a hassle to handle. It's a pity because everything else about the system is *chef's kiss*

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
I've just been thinking about this game a few days ago. It probably had the best sound design of any PS1 game I've played.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried playing through VS on my Vita and got stuck almost immediately after the intro. The labyrinth-like setup of the game confused the hell out of me. Am I missing something in terms of how to play the game or is it just a walk through the rooms until you reach where you're supposed to go, cause I could never find where I was supposed to go.

Oct 30, 2017
I tried playing through VS on my Vita and got stuck almost immediately after the intro. The labyrinth-like setup of the game confused the hell out of me. Am I missing something in terms of how to play the game or is it just a walk through the rooms until you reach where you're supposed to go, cause I could never find where I was supposed to go.

Use the awesome map...

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017

If you've played any kind of Metroidvania, exploration is just like that. Open the map and just find rooms you haven't explored yet.

Oct 30, 2017
THERE'S A MAP?!???

Well...time to give this another shot.

O ja zeker!

It is not as extensive as you're used to in recent years. No overview of where certain items are located etc. But that only has advantages in my eyes, you may have to think a bit more. Each room / area has its own unique name and contributes to the lore.