• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
And just as the cicadas rise every 17 years, so too does the "semen as cooking agent" conversation.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
So, maybe I'm behind on all this patriarchy stuff, but surely if this is patriarchal, then men wearing doing desperate things for a date would be matriarchal? Kind of feels they didn't think the implications of what they're saying through very well.

Beyond that, I have no real feelings on the core of the matter. I don't think I'd actually care too much about someone doing this in a vacuum, but there's also the implication behind it all that they think they're able to use body chemistry to change someone's feelings about them, which is manipulative at best and would put me off the person a bit.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I guess I am dumb out of the loop but...

...since when is an elbow an erogenous zone? That hard joint?

Article used the wrong word - these aren't erogenous zones, they're heat points, which better diffuse fragrance.

As for the topic, I don't know, but I go freaking wild for good perfume. I loooooove those people who walk past and leave a scent trail of deliciousness.

Oct 26, 2017
So, maybe I'm behind on all this patriarchy stuff, but surely if this is patriarchal, then men wearing doing desperate things for a date would be matriarchal? Kind of feels they didn't think the implications of what they're saying through very well.

you got it wrong. you need to see patriarchy as a structure with rules set up to put some men at the top of the social hierarchy. it's not dissimilar to toxic masculinity (which could be argued to be a subset of the patriarchal structure).

Shaqnificent

Aug 1, 2022
Interesting point. I would say however, that it doesn't work that way. Humans (men in this example) are likely genetically programmed in a way to be attracted to multiple partners over the course of a lifetime, not just one. So it would only make sense that most men would be attracted to lots of different kinds of smells, and not just a select few. Would be an interesting study though (if it hasn't been done already?) to test how different pheromones work and the effects they have on subjects (assuming there ARE even chemical "differences" and it's not just the same thing that is doing the actual "work")

I see what you mean about the genetically programmed bit, and a study about it would indeed be interesting and more concrete than what I said lol

May 14, 2021
I guess I am dumb out of the loop but...

...since when is an elbow an erogenous zone? That hard joint?
Probably referring to the part of your arm that folds onto itself, which is definitely a good place to dab perfume since the heat and friction causes the scent to radiate out. Oddly enough that part of the arm resembles a vulva.