• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Give me my shot. šŸ˜­

The soonest we can expect it where I'm from is "maybe June".

Edit: For a less egocentric reply, it finally feels like things have turned a corner. I hope we keep the momentum.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I believe a lot of pharmacies are going online on 2/12 too, so this number should jump significantly... If Johnson & Johnson gets emergency approval at the end of the month, that will be another big boost.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
An administration that actually takes things seriously really does make a difference.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like having a competent admin means things will be handled better.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There are no words for how insane it is that Trump seemed to not give a fuck about getting vaccines out. I just can't even begin to understand why.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
This is great. We're still only at ~10% of the total population but at this rate we should be able to get over half the population vaccinated by the end of the summer. Hopefully the supply and access continues to increase.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Captain Smoker had an update in his vaccine tracking thread that I found helpful and hopeful -- I'm taking the liberty of quoting it here. Thank you, Cap'n!

UPDATE

Worldwide total exceeds 134 million shots

United States so far:

Rolling Day Average:

Total: 43,140,599 shots

1+ dose: 10% of the population
2 doses: 3% of the population

Worldwide:

vacc1ekfv.png

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Give me my shot. šŸ˜­

The soonest we can expect it where I'm from is "maybe June".

Edit: For a less egocentric reply, it finally feels like things have turned a corner. I hope we keep the momentum.
nah.
I saw a clip from cnbc where they were saying if everything goes as its currently going there might be more supply than demand for the vaccine by the end of march. Like they're gonna have to open it up to everyone.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
nah.
I saw a clip from cnbc where they were saying if everything goes as its currently going there might be more supply than demand for the vaccine by the end of march. Like they're gonna have to open it up to everyone.
If the J&J gets approved as one and done then that's definitely plausible. 100 million doses is enough for a third of the US, and that's on top of the increased Moderna and Pfizer allotments.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
nah.
Seems extremely optimistic, and getting a slot when the gates open is gonna be next to impossible, but hey, I like good news ^^

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Took my mother to get her first shot earlier, lots of people were there.

It's a good sight to see.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Im waiting on the J&J one, not so much for me but my parents are iffy on the Moderna/Pfizer ones and want a more traditionally made one even if it's less effective. Plus one dose only. It's been a struggle poking them to get vaccinated.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
As shitty as my state Arizona has been with covid and kinda still is. At least we are getting our shit together with vaccination sites.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Tried to get a shot yesterday. Had a uber driver told me about how he went to one of the vaccination centers and near the end of the day they'd sometimes have extra doses they don't wanna toss so you may get lucky. He said he did 3 trips with people last week but I wasn't lucky enough yesterday. If I don't get lucky I'd have to wait till maybe middle or end of March.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
Glad we're finally taking a whole of government approach to covid. Imagine how many lives could have been saved if we had done this a year ago.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I believe a lot of pharmacies are going online on 2/12 too, so this number should jump significantly... If Johnson & Johnson gets emergency approval at the end of the month, that will be another big boost.

The J&J vaccine is the gamechanger. Since it's super easy to produce and only requires one injection, plus can be stored same as a flu Vax, it's perfect for the general public that would be phase 3-4 otherwise.

Since it isn't as effective as Pfizer/Moderna it probably shouldn't be given to the elderly, but for younger people it should be enough.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
They're definitely going to hit the 100m doses in 100m days for sure. I think we're averaging about 2.4m/day right now.

The J&J vaccine is the gamechanger. Since it's super easy to produce and only requires one injection, it's perfect for the general public that would be phase 3-4 otherwise.

Exactly, I'm a "healthy" 37 year old. I won't qualify until probably ~April at this rate in my state, but if we could get supply of J&J vaccines I'd jump on that in a flat minute.

Importantly this could also help us get out in front of the British strain of the virus which is now all over the US. With new cases declining rapidly and this first strain having seemingly peaked in December/January nationally and across most of the country, it would really help stave off that variant if we could increase vaccination rates especially with the most mobile of the populace.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
How do you check if you can take the vaccine? I'm assuming this is all still first responders and elderly and first priority?

Just keep an eye on the news?

KadeYuy

Oct 30, 2017
Do they know yet if the vaccines prevent you from getting it or does it just make the symptoms minimal? Last I heard they weren't sure if the vaccines would stop transmission which would seem to infer that they're not sure about prevention vs symptom suppression. I am not a doctor or medical professional and what I'm saying could be gibberish.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
If the J&J gets approved as one and done then that's definitely plausible. 100 million doses is enough for a third of the US, and that's on top of the increased Moderna and Pfizer allotments.
yea they specifically mention if JnJ is approved they apparently have 30-40 million ready to go in March.

Seems extremely optimistic, and getting a slot when the gates open is gonna be next to impossible, but hey, I like good news ^^
you can watch and judge for yourself, i'm sure i got something wrong in my summary, but at least that was my takeaway.

my wife also told me she saw an article where pfizer said they have figured out how to improve their vaccine production by 50%.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
How do you check if you can take the vaccine? I'm assuming this is all still first responders and elderly and first priority?

Just keep an eye on the news?
what state are you in?
in Texas they have a list of 1A and 1B people that includes healthcare workers, therapists, elderly etc. My wife got her first moderna shot last month because she's a therapist.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
So excited for this. Three of my extended family were all able to get it in different areas of the country. Hopeful this % keeps jumping.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Biden!
My mom and stepdad got on a list today to be contacted when they can get theirs. They were told it will likely be 2-3 weeks from now.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There are no words for how insane it is that Trump seemed to not give a fuck about getting vaccines out. I just can't even begin to understand why.

That's because he was looking for a way to extort states into giving him kickbacks/favors in exchange for the vaccines,

Christ, imagine what kind of shit he'd be doing now if he was re-elected.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Feels like every first world country is getting its shit together when it comes to vaccines. Except for Canada, our government is being run by morons.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The first true optimism I've experienced since March 2020 was last week when I saw the vaccine numbers skyrocketing while hospitalizations were plummeting.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
NYC announced they're going to open Citi Field as a vaccination site, trying to sign my parents up.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
And here we are in slovakia getting few hundreds or 2 thousand tops vaccines a day.. i think we will be able to finish up just before the next pandemic hits.