• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which did you get?

• Pfizer-BioNTech

Votes: 305 55.3%
  • Moderna

Votes: 199 36.1%
  • other (post it in thread)

Votes: 32 5.8%
  • AstraZeneca-University of Oxford

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sputnik V

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sinovac Biotech

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Moderna dose on Wednesday this week. I actually think I had light nausea later that night. I was putting my kid to bed and just felt like an upset stomach, which is pretty unusual for me, and I was wondering if I ate something, and then later I was looking over the take-home packet for the vax and they mentioned nausea could be as symptom.

My next dose is March 24, so we'll see how it goes after that.

Otherwise I had no symptoms, tiny amount of soreness in my arm similar to a flu shot.

... oh and I have an insatiable desire to buy Microsoft products ....... no idea what's behind that ......

Moderna. First dose I felt nothing aside from a very painful arm. I did have slight nausea for about 10 minutes in the middle of the night, but I attribute that to nighttime heartburn and not the vaccine. Popped a famotidine and went back to sleep.

That's basically me with the nausea, I was surprised, like kinda outta nowhere I just had a bout of nausea that lasted maybe an hour or so. I didn't think it was vaccine related but then I read that was a possible symptom.

I also think it's one of those things that if it happened to me any other day other than the day I got a vaccine I'd be like "oof, guess I hate something that's unsettling my stomach..."

Naythan

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Got first dose of Moderna a few weeks ago. Super fatigued the next day and a half or so. Low grade fever, occasional nausea. Had to take a day off work. I'm hoping that means my second shot won't be as bad as it has been for some others but I'm prepping to maybe miss work the next day (unfortunately I got locked into a schedule where both my appointments are on a thursday).

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Moderna shot last week. I had a sore arm and a bad headache a few days later but nothing after that.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
My wife is getting her first shot of Pfizer this morning. I'm stoked. It'll be a bit till I can get jabbed, but I'm so happy she's able to get it.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
I heard you aren't really told specifically, not in England anyway. Is that right? It would likely be Oxford AstraZeneca considering the availability. I'd ask when my calling comes.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I heard you aren't really told specifically, not in England anyway. Is that right? It would likely be Oxford AstraZeneca considering the availability. I'd ask when my calling comes.
You should get card confirming exactly what you got and the batch number. Those details can be entered into Covid tracking app.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody who had nausea with the first shot: did you still show symptoms with the second shot?

Just got the notice for my second shot tomorrow...

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Moderna first dose = No Issues
Moderna second dose = Felt like trash that night (chills, sweats, body aches, slight nausea). Felt great 24 hours later
My biggest issue was the sore arm I had after each dose.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I had my first Moderna 2 weeks ago. I had some fatigue and a really sore arm. It's been going well though. Can't wait to get that second jab.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Just got the first dose of the Pfizer two hours ago. I'm starting to feel a little sleepy.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i hope i won't have to choose and will get some johnson and johnson stuck in me

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got the second Pfizer shot a couple of weeks ago. After the first jab my arm hurt but nothing else, after the second one I also had a headache for a couple of hours the next morning but nothing serious.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
The wife and I got the Pfizer one today and our second shot is scheduled for March 18th.

It was a bit awkward. My wife and I were the youngest people in the room, and I'm sure we got a few dirty looks.

We live in low income housing and our vaccines were secured through the county housing office on an opt-in/out basis.

Just a follow-up on this.

Yesterday, both of our arms hurt a bit, but that's really about it.

I was a bit tired yesterday, but I also only got about three hours of sleep the night before, so that probably played more into it.

My arm is perfectly fine today and my wife's as well.

Jan 2, 2018
The second Pfizer shot really,really knocked me out.
Was a rough ~24 hours but I'm feeling much better so hopefully it was worth it.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Going to get my 1st moderna shot next Tuesday. Pretty nervous since I'll probably be the youngest there (29). My workplace secured their employees shots so I decided to get one (home healthcare employee).

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That's basically me with the nausea, I was surprised, like kinda outta nowhere I just had a bout of nausea that lasted maybe an hour or so. I didn't think it was vaccine related but then I read that was a possible symptom.

I also think it's one of those things that if it happened to me any other day other than the day I got a vaccine I'd be like "oof, guess I hate something that's unsettling my stomach..."
Because mine went away with the famotidine immediately, I assumed nothing of it and that's why I'm hesitant to contribute it directly to the shot. Nighttime heartburn also isn't a new thing for me. I think had the nausea been longer lasting, I would've suspected something was up.

Update from yesterday: Two ibuprofen tempered the pains, but I spent the entire workday in a fog and feeling "off." Finally got home, complained to the CDC on the VSafe website, and slept for 11 hours straight. No symptoms today aside from fatigue and slight soreness in my arm.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Got the 2nd shot of the Pfizerr Vaccine this past Thursday. It wasn't the worst after except my arm was sore as fuck and I was exhausted for the last couple days. But it's all behind me and I'm glad I got it done as early as I could.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Got the shot about an hour and a half ago, starting to feel a little sleepy.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Got 1st dose of Moderna yesterday, I am lucky and work in education so I was able to get it. Went super smoothly and everything was very well run

Feel fine so far, arm is sore as hell. Hoping the 2nd dose goes the same

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The wife and I got the Pfizer one today and our second shot is scheduled for March 18th.

It was a bit awkward. My wife and I were the youngest people in the room, and I'm sure we got a few dirty looks.

We live in low income housing and our vaccines were secured through the county housing office on an opt-in/out basis.
No need to feel bad, if you qualify then you qualify. It's better that you don't put it off.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
A few strange trends in the thread:

The poll shows a lot more people for Pfizer, but nearly every post here is about people getting Moderna.

And I thought from reading some of the literature that Pfizer had more occurrences of side effects after the second dose, but almost everyone in here who got both doses of Pfizer say it wasn't anything more than a headache (with about 2 people saying the second dose was rough).

Moderna, on the other hand, has an almost unanimous negative reaction / side effects reported after the second dose in this thread. I have my second Pfizer dose scheduled in a few weeks, so I'm wondering what to expect..

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Have already gotten both moderna shots and been a month since. Only really had serious side effects after second shot, night of the shot and day after. And tylenol helped take care of the muscle aches.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
I forgot to mention that a colleague of mine got both doses of Moderna and woke up the morning after the second dose feeling fine. But it appeared to be a delayed reaction, because later that afternoon (almost 24 hours after the second dose) she got the above mentioned fatigue, headache and overall shittiness feeling. I was surprised the reaction was that delayed.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pfizer cause there's a shorter wait between shots

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Moderna dose on Wednesday this week. I actually think I had light nausea later that night. I was putting my kid to bed and just felt like an upset stomach, which is pretty unusual for me, and I was wondering if I ate something, and then later I was looking over the take-home packet for the vax and they mentioned nausea could be as symptom.

My next dose is March 24, so we'll see how it goes after that.

Otherwise I had no symptoms, tiny amount of soreness in my arm similar to a flu shot.

... oh and I have an insatiable desire to buy Microsoft products ....... no idea what's behind that ......

Fellow MA resident! If you don't mind me asking, JW, how did you get it? Dying for it to get to Phase 2, Group 3

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
May 31, 2018
Get my second dose of Moderna next week. So excited. My parents completed both doses as well as the necessary time after and went out to eat last night for the first time since March. I can't wait until the middle of the month when I can join them. It'll feel extra good to do something fun after taking the steps to do it responsibly.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if these Vaccines have to be taken yearly?
Too early to say really. I'd wager the vaccines will give us good long term protection (more than a year) over the original strains, but it's unclear yet how well they'll hold up against some variants. The mRNA ones after two doses generate a significant immune response.

A few strange trends in the thread:

The poll shows a lot more people for Pfizer, but nearly every post here is about people getting Moderna.

And I thought from reading some of the literature that Pfizer had more occurrences of side effects after the second dose, but almost everyone in here who got both doses of Pfizer say it wasn't anything more than a headache (with about 2 people saying the second dose was rough).

Moderna, on the other hand, has an almost unanimous negative reaction / side effects reported after the second dose in this thread. I have my second Pfizer dose scheduled in a few weeks, so I'm wondering what to expect..
Hm, from what I read on the trials in December it was that Pfizer has a slightly lower instance of side effects compared to Moderna. But overall they're pretty comparable

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Fellow MA resident! If you don't mind me asking, JW, how did you get it? Dying for it to get to Phase 2, Group 3

I qualified per the 2 comorbidities requirement once they added moderate/severe asthma as a comorbidity. That changed on Feb 18 and I hadnt qualified before then (just one other comorbidity). Check out the updated list on the MA gov website.

Ans then I spent basically 6 hours trying to get thru the reg process and eventually did at the end of the day once gilette had their 15,000 appointments added for last week.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I found out my work is giving special leave (as in not cutting into your sick or vacation time) for vaccine side-effects, since we are getting them through work.

The other day I had a headache, and I asked my boss to take the rest of the day sick and she said to use the special leave instead of my sick leave, even though I'm pretty sure the headache was not related to the vaccine.

I know the second shot of Moderna is probably going to hit me for a day or two after I get it.

Now we're desperately trying to get my wife a vaccine, and refreshing Walgreens, CVS, and HEB's scheduling sites. My work won't offer the vaccine to spouses.

VivaciousSoul

Sep 23, 2020
Moderna 1st dose on January 22, second dose on February 19. I work in a hospital. I see both Pfizer and Moderna in the fridge but of course we don't choose which dose we get. They make us wait in a room afterward to make sure that nothing happens to us. I believe the amount of time that we're required to wait depends on our answers to the questions they ask us. Anyway arm was sore both times. Both times I got the dose early in the day both times I felt a little sick by the evening. Chills, a little bit of a headache. I think my reaction to it was mild though. If I had work the next day I would have went. Meanwhile coworkers have told me that they have had fevers up to 104 and some had been out of commission for 2 or 3 days but most have said that it was a really sharp recovery rather than a gradually one that you have when you're actually sick.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 1 month past my second Moderna dose. As immune as I'm gonna get! So excited to feel safe from this disease

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Had my fist Pfizer shot about 24 hours ago. My arm is a little sore but that's about it. Somewhat low energy but that might have more to do with not sleeping well which may itself have been related to the vaccine(?).

Draenoth

Dec 10, 2018
Got my first dose of Moderna last Saturday, only side effects were a sore arm the next day. Second dose scheduled for the end of March, looking forward to being able to go out into the world (properly masked and distanced) and not feeling like I could potentially die from it.