• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which did you get?

• Pfizer-BioNTech

Votes: 305 55.3%
  • Moderna

Votes: 199 36.1%
  • other (post it in thread)

Votes: 32 5.8%
  • AstraZeneca-University of Oxford

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sputnik V

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sinovac Biotech

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we'll see. I haven't had COVID so hopefully I get the lighter side of it.

I was a bit worried myself for the 2nd dose effects, hopefully you'll be fine, and if it does get a bit shitty, it usually only lasts a day at most so it's not too terrible, I'd just maybe try and take the day off if you can just in case, and make sure the people giving the shot monitor you for 15 minutes after you get it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I was a bit worried myself for the 2nd dose effects, hopefully you'll be fine, and if it does get a bit shitty, it usually only lasts a day at most so it's not too terrible, I'd just maybe try and take the day off if you can just in case, and make sure the people giving the shot monitor you for 15 minutes after you get it.
Yep, they strictly enforce the 15 minute monitoring and give everyone timers. I imagine myself and my whole team at work will be taking hte next day sick most likely.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Moderna. Second shot was a bitch. Couldn't get out of bed for two days. Third day it was like I was brand new.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, it took about 24 hours, but the side effects finally hit me after my second Moderna shot. Headache, body ache, fatigue and chills. Oof. Gonna sleep this off.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Moderna, 2 rounds as of a week ago.

Barely a sore arm after the first, but he day after the 2nd I felt horrible - body aches and chills. Thankfully woke up feeling perfect a day later

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Jealous of everyone that has their shots already. I want one of those 1 dose vaccines and be done with it, but i will take whatever i can find first.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my second Moderna shot 2 days ago. Rocked my world yesterday. Low grade fever and felt terrible all day. Today I feel totally fine. Feel very fortunate to be vaccinated.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get my first dose of Moderna on Monday and my wife got the Pfizer. She had some fatigue and a headache for about 24 hours after her second dose, but that was it.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I had the first dose of the Oxford one earlier today. Due to having sarcoidosis. No reaction yet.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting my first dose this Monday, not sure which one, but other people I know that went to this place said they got Moderna, so we'll see.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Got the first Pfizer shot yesterday. Only side effect so far is feeling pretty sleepy today. Rest of my family who got it had a headache as well.

The NHS have organized so well for this.

Canti

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had the first dose of the Moderna one last Friday. The only side effect that I experienced was sleepiness the next day and mild discomfort at the injection site that went away a day later. Very fortunate to get a slot at Sam's Club.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
The wife and I got the Pfizer one today and our second shot is scheduled for March 18th.

It was a bit awkward. My wife and I were the youngest people in the room, and I'm sure we got a few dirty looks.

We live in low income housing and our vaccines were secured through the county housing office on an opt-in/out basis.

Last edited:

mernst23

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I got my 2nd Moderna shot today 5 hours ago and I'm so tired right now I could go to sleep for what feels like 24 hours right now. Awaiting feeling shittastic.
Yep, felt like total dogshit yesterday. Aches, chills, mentally in a fog but today it's like it never happened. Almost negligible injection site pain is all that remains now.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Got Pzifer last month . Second dosis hit me hard . I took it right before a 24 hour shift and it was nightmarish.
Working with fever, a swelled lymph node and nausea wasn't funny.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
My arm is a bit sore, but that's about it so far.

We'll see how tomorrow goes. My mom got the Moderna vaccine and she had chills really bad after her first shot.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got my second Pfizer dose back in late January. My wife got her first last week.

We both got sore arms.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
The wife and I got the Pfizer one today and our second shot is scheduled for March 18th.

It was a bit awkward. My wife and I were the youngest people in the room, and I'm sure we got a few dirty looks.

We live in low income housing and our vaccines were secured through the county housing office on an opt-in/out basis.

I get that. Illinois authorized sites to include those from 16-65 with high risk conditions, but almost universally so far they've chosen not to do so because they don't have enough vaccine for even those who were in the group before and this will just make it harder.

A lot of pharmacies however decided to do so. Me and my wife had previously signed up when they asked everyone in 1B and 1C to sign up to be notified we could get vaccinated, so we were notified and got scheduled. I got my shot today and we just found out she's getting hers tomorrow. Of the 6 people in line while I was there though, there was only one other that looked to be + or - 10 years of my age (I'd guess he was slightly older, but not much, maybe late 30s). It was mostly older people however and I felt a bit awkward standing there at 33 getting it, but I gave my correct information and signed up when they asked me to, I am in several high risk categories and that's who they're vaccinating at this point. If I'd waited it just would have meant going to the back of the line, a line that from what I understand from the lady doing the vaccinations has gotten very long.

Dinskugga

Nov 6, 2017
AstraZeneca First shoot yesterday. Got some fever today and some muscle pain. My arm is quite sore too.

Last edited:

RedBaron17

Oct 27, 2017
Got my second dose of Moderna last week. Overall, I was feeling fine, except for a mild headache that lasted almost two days.
But my arm was a different story. shit was hurting for like a week. I was like "damn, did she hit the bone with that needle?" lol

Real

Oct 28, 2017
First Pfizer shot last night. Up at 3 AM with slightly upset stomach and insomnia, but I'm still feeling good!

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
From the UK and got the Pfizer jab a month or so ago - Work for social services so we got done in the first or second wave i believe.

2nd not due until April though....... Long old wait inbetween!

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Covid party like a bunch of dumbfuck parents have or will do and dumbfucks in general.

I'll get the shot when I can but I don't really care that much which.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
I got my first dose of Pfizer 4 weeks ago, second dose is booked in for 23rd April. No side effects for the first dose, hopefully wont be too bad on the second, but either way it's better than getting the virus. I'm reasonably young and not considered at-risk but was fortunate to get it early due to working in a hospital. I felt quite uncomfortable getting it before people who are in higher risk groups, but then I also understand I have a responsibility as an NHS employee to not take the virus into my workplace when I go back in.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Oxford couple weeks ago, my experience was rough due to my MS, so not looking forward to second jab lol.

K-Jay

Oct 27, 2017
Got me that Moderna double-tap.

First one was rough, second one was strangely not as bad.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
First dose of AstraZenica a couple of days ago. Slightly sore arm, mild headache, and achy joints but otherwise feeling good.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
Moderna. I got my second dose last week. The first dose, I felt nauseous, and my arm hurt for about three days, but I had no issues with the second dose, aside from my arm being sore for 12 hours or so. Everyone else I work with felt horrible after the second dose, though. A couple had to go home early because of it.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Pfizer Dose 1 was cool, dose 2 kicked my ass... I was sick for like 3 days. It's about a month later and I feel amazing, but concerned this immunity won't last all year... especially with all the new strains popping up.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Moderna. First dose I felt nothing aside from a very painful arm. I did have slight nausea for about 10 minutes in the middle of the night, but I attribute that to nighttime heartburn and not the vaccine. Popped a famotidine and went back to sleep.

Got the second dose yesterday at 8 PM. Arm hurts less because I exercised it by staying late. 7AM now and I'm in pain all over- noticeable headache, and my neck, shoulders, joints in my hands, even my fucking ribs hurt. And I have a 9 hour shift today. I'll power through it with Motrin and prayers.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Got my second moderna shot last week. Arm hurt and felt super weak/tired for a few days but nothing as bad as some people got hit though.

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Moderna. Got my second dose two weeks ago yesterday. The day after the first dose, I was fine with a slightly sore arm. The day after the second dose was brutal though. I was one of the unlucky few who got severe (but not dangerous) side effects... 103 fever and all the fun things that come with that. I was completely fine the next day though (two days after the second dose) and I'd do it again 10/10 times even if I was guaranteed the same side effects every time.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
I bet most of us unvaccinated people will end up getting the J&J since it's only one dose. A little less effective but it'll still provide herd immunity, and keep people from developing serious disease.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Moderna. First dose I felt nothing aside from a very painful arm. I did have slight nausea for about 10 minutes in the middle of the night, but I attribute that to nighttime heartburn and not the vaccine. Popped a famotidine and went back to sleep.

Got the second dose yesterday at 8 PM. Arm hurts less because I exercised it by staying late. 7AM now and I'm in pain all over- noticeable headache, and my neck, shoulders, joints in my hands, even my fucking ribs hurt. And I have a 9 hour shift today. I'll power through it with Motrin and prayers.

That's what my cousin did. She said she just lived on alternating Motrin and Tylenol for like two days.

Oct 25, 2017
Moderna. Got my 2nd dose a month ago (hospital employee). Made sure I was off the day after that 2nd dose because I knew what I was going to be in for.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Got my second dose of the Moderna last week. Zero issues afterwards other than soreness in the area of the shot. Seemed like about half of our staff that got it had flu like symptoms starting about a day afterwards and lasting about a day. If you excersize regularly, you're going to want to workout after getting the vaccine, as that seems to help from what I've heard. If you don't, drink lots of water and the usual flu stuff.

I only felt very mild symptoms for about twenty minutes after a very hard workout the next day. This was following advice from a friend who had already had it and it worked for me.

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
I received my second dose of Pfizer on Jan 20th. First dose had a pretty intense sore arm for about a day and a half. Second dose had a massive migraine but next day was fine. Not too bad overall. Wife had first dose of moderna two weeks ago, little sore arm but that's it. Scheduled to get her second dose on the 10th of March. Wife's grandparents (91 & 84) both had Pfizer two shots, zero side effects.