• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which did you get?

• Pfizer-BioNTech

Votes: 305 55.3%
  • Moderna

Votes: 199 36.1%
  • other (post it in thread)

Votes: 32 5.8%
  • AstraZeneca-University of Oxford

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sputnik V

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sinovac Biotech

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
Moderna. Just got my second dose yesterday. The thing kicked my ass at night and this morning. Temperature and aches slowly starting to subside now. Absolutely worth it.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Pfizer. Got first dose late January and second dose last Friday. No sode effects or anything on my side. Hope people keep getting vaccinated and we can have a semblence of normal in the near future.

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017
I received the Pfizer vaccine through my hospital in late december, as a frontline worker. I had arm soreness for one day after the first dose, and arm soreness for a few days after the second.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the novavax trial, second jab was last week. First one I had no side effects. Second one I had arm soreness for a few days, and full body aches on the second day only. Not sure if I was in placebo group or vax group, but 2/4 of trial subjects get vax

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty common knowledge the Moderna has the worse side effects.

Personally, every time someone complains about a really bad vaccine experience, I find out they had the Moderna.

Pfizer has side effects too and I got them, but I see the worst with people who got Moderna.

Booshka

Banned
May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
Wait, they gave your your second dose even after a covid infection? I didn't think you were supposed to continue after an infection.
It had been past 14 days and I was mostly asymptomatic during infection. The guidance was to get shot from the team administering the vaccine and it seems that was a good choice because of developing variants.

I had almost no side effects from either doses, except arm soreness.

Nov 5, 2017
Got Moderna for both vaccines. First dose, I was fine. Second dose kicked my ass. Feverish with chills, massive headache, aches all over. I guess that's what the flu feels like (never had it before). Felt better after 24 hours.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Got Moderna Jan/Feb. first shot I was very tired for the afternoon, second shot I needed two days off because I was super fatigued with a low grade fever with swelling at the injection site. The symptoms leave as fast as they develop.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

Personally, every time someone complains about a really bad vaccine experience, I find out they had the Moderna.

Pfizer has side effects too and I got them, but I see the worst with people who got Moderna.
Isn't it a larger dose/concentration?

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Just got my second dose of Pfizer earlier today. Currently have a slight headache and arm soreness, but that's it so far!

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
Pfizer; received it back in January as a frontline healthcare worker. First was worse than second as far as side effects. Nothing significant, just felt drained and my arm was sore.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moderna, got my first shot at the end of January and only had a sore arm. I've got the second shot coming up this Thursday.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
Moderna. Just got my second dose yesterday. The thing kicked my ass at night and this morning. Temperature and aches slowly starting to subside now. Absolutely worth it.

I get my second Moderna tomorrow. I'm definitely worried lol, but I know it's absolutely going to be worth it.

Did you have any effects from the first one? My arm hurt for like two days but that was it.

Oct 27, 2017
Moderna. 1st dose 1145am- 4hrs later extremely sore arm for the night. Woke up for work at 530am and couldn't even lift my arm to put deodorant on, very tender to even a slight touch, big hard lump where the shot was. Exactly 24hrs later 12pm had a fever 100 and body aches that consistently got worse. Had the chills and sweated all night. When i woke up for work the next morning every symptom was gone and i never felt better! Go figure. Even my sore arm felt fine.
Second dose in a few weeks

oni_saru

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

This. Every single person I personally know that got side effects like fever got Moderna. While the ones that got Pfizer only reported sore arms.

I hope my mom can get Pfizer when it's time for her to get the vaccine

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got both shots of Moderna.

No side effects after first shot; low-grade fever the day after the 2nd shot, with chills and mild back aches, but no other symptoms. It subsided in less than 24 hours.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
My work is giving us the Pfizer vaccine. I'm getting my 2nd dose of the vaccine tomorrow. First dose I just had a really sore arm that made it practically unusable for a day but that's about it. I hear the 2nd dose tends to have more possible side effects so we'll see what happens come tomorrow.

mieumieu

Oct 25, 2017
The Farplane
I know era is US centric but I'm glad there's a third option in the polls haha

I got the sinopharm one cos it's the only one I could get before moving out of my home country. It's free anyway so why not lol

some minor side effects (sore arms and diarrhea) aside I feel pretty good with it. It's been 2 weeks since the second shot but I'm still in a third country with nearly no covid cases, so I dunno

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
First shot of Pfizer in October with the second one in November. I was in the trials I was unblinded in January. I'm still participating in the study with my next blood draw coming up in a few months

Oct 25, 2017
First shot of Pfizer in October with the second one in November. I was in the trials I was unblinded in January. I'm still participating in the study with my next blood draw coming up in a few months

Your sacrifice will be noted. As the 5g eggs hatch in your brain, just know in the last seconds it was all for the greater good.

(that's super cool, all I want to do is be vaccinated and be able to see my mom in Oregon. )

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
I get my second Moderna tomorrow. I'm definitely worried lol, but I know it's absolutely going to be worth it.

Did you have any effects from the first one? My arm hurt for like two days but that was it.
After my first dose I had a sore arm for about 2 days as well. As for the second dose. Just be ready, but it could be you don't feel much at all. For me the headache and temperature started about 5 hours after. The night sucked. Robitussin helped. This morning was bad but now I can feel the side effects starting to go away. I'm hoping by morning I'll be back to normal. Just know you're doing the right thing for you and those around you.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
There are no hard and fast rules to it, but the general tendency is that younger people with stronger immune systems are more likely to see the stronger side effects from vaccination (which are brought on by your immune response) than older people with weaker immune systems. Again, I'll stress- this is a generalization and can still vary from person to person.
I'm wondering about me then. I'm youngish (33), had Covid in June, and then got my first Pfizer shot a week ago. Only had a sore arm but expected a strong response since it was the second time my body would've seen the spike protein...

no idea what that means for my immune system, but I tested positive for Antibodies in December still...

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Pfizer. Sore arm, headache both times. Same intensity but longer duration on second dose. I also felt a little feverish but was only about a degree higher than my normal.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
Moderna. Got the first shot four weeks ago, second last Friday. No side effects aside from soreness in the arm the first time, but I got quite sick from the second one. Strong muscle cramps, no energy, alternately freezing cold and sweaty. Felt like I had a really bad flu, basically. Lasted for two days. I'm recovering from it now, but my energy is still not where it was.

Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
Moderna.

Got my first dose February 6th. Scheduled to get my second dose March 6th. Hoping it doesn't get delayed due to the fuckery of the PA rollout.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
When I'm looking at how bad Germany is right now I'm getting everyone vaccinated, I might never get a shot -.-

my aunt, who is a icu nurse, got the BionTech shots.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I received my first dose of Moderna Dec 26th and the 2nd dose on Jan 16th. I hit peak immunization on Feb 13th.

The first dose was no issue other than a bitching ache in my arm that lasted 2-3 solid days. The second dose knocked me on my ass the day after. The second dose did a number on every person in my department. One person who got it on a Friday had no side effects until Saturday around noon and he called in Monday as well so he was down for three days total. At the very least, people had a day of side effects, some as many as 3days. I work from home so got mine in the middle of the week but anyone who worked in the office got thiers on a Friday to avoid having to call in or take time off. Everyone except the guy I mentioned earlier recovered over the weekend.

My advice is to get it around lunch on Friday and plan on laying low Sat & Sun. Pre game some motrin for the arm pain if you have a low pain tolerance. It was bad enough that if I rolled over in my sleep onto that arm, the pain would wake me from a dead sleep.

below is my summary after receiving the 2nd dose

I'm not going to lie, for me the second day of the second COVID vaccine was a little rough. My temp peaked at 100.8, I was fatigued (not sleepy!), I had some very odd muscle weakness, and I had a head fog I couldn't shake. It felt like I had been drugged. The head fog was the oddest sensation for me. I felt like I was in limbo all day long. I couldn't even concentrate on simple tasks for a long period of time and things like video games or movies couldn't hold my attention for longer than a few minutes. Today, officially day 3 post vaccine, I am probably around 90% back to normal. Even my arm pain is gone. All this is coming from a guy who never gets sick or takes medicine, and is anything but a hypochondriac.

Luckily, I was able to simply take the day off and work Saturday instead. It is one of the many perks of my job.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've had both doses of Moderna through work, with my first dose before Christmas last year. I had pretty notable flu-like symptoms for both doses that put me out of commission for a day each, but I also actually had COVID about a month before my first dose, so it was probably related to that.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Moderna. I got the opportunity to get it from work yesterday and you bet your sweet bippy I made the appointment at the earliest time slot I could take (9:30am) and rushed to the (very long) line. I have the second dose on March 22.

Arm hurts, but worth it. I know the possible flu-like symptoms on the second one will also be worth it.

All I will say is everyone gets different symptoms. One of my coworkers had a 103 temp and couldn't get out of bed (though they had covid before the shot and I've heard having it makes the vaccine rougher on you). I merely woke up once at 5 am, sweating with chills all over my body and no energy, but when I woke back up at 9 am I felt completely fine.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pfizer, NY, 34 y/o government employee who deals with the public, got my second shot this last Saturday. Felt like shit Sunday but am all good now, can't wait to have beers, indoors, with my buddy in a few weeks once this thing is fully active

Wubbles

Oct 28, 2017
Got the moderna vaccine on Jan 20. Only had very mild body aches and a sore arm for 2 days. Today i got my second moderna shot. Dealing with a sore arm right now. Eager to see if I wake up feeling like shit or not!

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Moderna. Can confirm the second dose laid me out for a good 24 hours.

Oct 27, 2017
First shot of Moderna last Friday. Sore arm for a day and weird foggy feeling and was tired. By Sunday I was fine.

Round 2 will be March 19. I'm one part excited one part nervous. If it puts me on my ass I'll just take a day or two off work. No biggy.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
All I will say is everyone gets different symptoms. One of my coworkers had a 103 temp and couldn't get out of bed (though they had covid before the shot and I've heard having it makes the vaccine rougher on you). I merely woke up once at 5 am, sweating with chills all over my body and no energy, but when I woke back up at 9 am I felt completely fine.
Yeah, we'll see. I haven't had COVID so hopefully I get the lighter side of it.