• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is fucked up and really scary, a local state Delegate of Virginia whose gun control bill recently passed in the VA House looked outside his window on Saturday, February 15th to see a man standing outside his home holding two guns, this man is a local Republican party leader who believes that gun ownership is a God-given right, a right that he threatened to defend using all means necessary:

www.insider.com

A Virginia Republican chair brought a shotgun to a gun control advocate's house, claiming when 'the ballot box' doesn't work 'the cartridge box' does

Delegate Mark Levine, a Virginia Democrat, peered out his window Saturday to find GOP leader Brandon Howard toting a 12-gauge shotgun and a handgun.

5e4d6b47bb2ebc078b7c95d8

Brandon Howard, chair of the Hopewell, Virginia, Republican Party, standing outside Delegate Mark Levine's home on Saturday, February 15.

A Virginia Republican chair brought a shotgun to a gun control advocate's house, claiming when 'the ballot box' doesn't work 'the cartridge box' does

• Local Virginia GOP leader Brandon Howard brought weapons to the home of Delegate Mark Levine, a state legislator whose gun-control bill recently passed in the state's House of Delegates.
  • Howard, who is also a founder of the Right to Bear Arms Virginia, told Insider that owning guns is a God-given right — a right he would defend using all means necessary.
  • "He's made me more determined," Levine said of Howard, adding that he would "press charges" against him.
Just days after Virginia passed a bill seeking to expand the definition of assault firearms and ban the manufacturing and sale of assault firearms, a local GOP member took up arms against it, bringing two semi-automatic weapons to the house of the Democrat leading the gun-control effort.

Delegate Mark Levine, a Democrat in the Virginia House of Delegates, peered out his window Saturday to find Brandon Howard toting a 12-gauge shotgun and a handgun on the street.

Howard, chair of the Republican Party in Hopewell, Virginia, told Insider his decision to bring weapons to Levine's house was a matter of defending his "God-given rights."

"We are given unalienable rights by our creator and those rights were guaranteed in the Constitution," he said in a phone interview with Insider.

On the day of the "protest," as Howard described it, he published a Facebook video announcing Levine's address. "We know where you live," he said.

"Armed citizens of the commonwealth are going to come to your house, to your doorstep," said Howard, who is also the founder of Right to Bear Arms Virginia, a gun-rights organization.

Early this year, Levine introduced House Bill 961 , which would bar the sale and transport of "assault firearms, certain firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators." It would also make it illegal to manufacture or import the weaponry systems. The legislation passed by a slim margin, 51 in favor to 48 against.

Howard invoked the founding document of American democracy, the Constitution, to defend his own position: that the citizenry can and should use weapons against "tyrannical" gun-control advocates if all else fails.

"My liberty is being stripped from me without due process," he said. "My property is being stripped from me without due process."

In an interview with Insider, Howard explained his theory of change, which he called "the four boxes of liberty." The first box is the "soap box," where individuals speak out for their rights. He said this is what his armed presence at Levine's house constituted. Boxes two and three are, respectively, "the ballot box" and "the jury box," or the courts.

But when those three aren't enough, Howard said he would resort to "the cartridge box."

"The founders of our nation gave us the Second Amendment to the Constitution for a reason. Virginia gave us Article 1 Section 13 [the state equivalent of the Second Amendment] for a reason. That reason is not hunting. That reason is not sport," Howard continued.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Conservatives in Virginia really seem to be a special brand of batshit crazy, like even by conservative standards they seem nuts

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Just a free American freely exercising his free right to defend himself freely, just as our founding father, Jesus Christ, intended.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
But the law doesnt seem to be banning any of the weapon that he currently own?
And only limit what civilian can use, which is common sense?

I can understand long gun for hunting, and maybe handgun for self defense, if you have the necessary training to use it safely, but that politician that is standing outside doesn't?
And I don't understand the need to show off the weapon.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Gun worship is so fucking weird.

"I like guns" <-- Eh, everyone likes something.
"It's my god-given right to own guns" <-- What?
"If anyone threatens that right, I'm going to shoot them" <-- ????????

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Is that what's going on? I've definitely seen that kind of thing before in some of the other southern states.
Back in 2018 things were getting more blue, however it seems like the dems are going overboard for some on the left to the point they are losing the more moderate ones. Several moderate democratic counties voted to become gun sanctuary counties and several representatives voted against the Assault Weapons Ban bill (effectively killing it for now) in the senate. I can see some seats getting turned back red the next go around.

But the law doesnt seem to be banning any of the weapon that he currently own?
Based on the wording of the proposed AWB it would most likely ban that and his handgun too since both are magazine fed (yes, including that shotgun) and capable of holding more than 7-10 rounds. If it has a muzzle break or compensator on it (hard to tell from the pick, but AK type semi-auto shotguns tend to) thats also a no no.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was it this guy?
caUo66HO.png

Joking aside, it's amazing that these people fail to see the irony proving to someone that you deserve to own firearms by effectively threatening them at gunpoint. That's like proving to someone that you don't have a drinking problem by smashing them over the head with the glass bottle of fireball whiskey you had in your bag for some reason.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Back in 2018 things were getting more blue, however it seems like the dems are going overboard for some on the left to the point they are losing the more moderate ones. Several moderate democratic counties voted to become gun sanctuary counties and several representatives voted against the Assault Weapons Ban bill (effectively killing it for now) in the senate. I can see some seats getting turned back red the next go around.
Oh, interesting. I didn't know about any of that. Thanks for the info!

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
"We are given unalienable rights by our creator and those rights were guaranteed in the Constitution," he said in a phone interview with Insider.

And on the 3rd day Jesus rose, picked up his AK47 and said, TIME TO SMOKE SOME FUCKERS, YEEHAA.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Gun worship is so fucking weird.

"I like guns" <-- Eh, everyone likes something.
"It's my god-given right to own guns" <-- What?
"If anyone threatens that right, I'm going to shoot them" <-- ????????
"Respect the troops! Blue Lives Matter! When these same people ask for my guns, I will happily kill them!"

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
Investigating the criminality of Trump and impeaching him is a Deep State coup, but Jim Bob and his pals should be able to overthrow the government by shooting democratically elected officials. Bunch of deranged lunatics.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did he got doxxed? Isn't that illegal? Along with the threat, this Brandon should be arrested instead of being given a platform by Insider so that other gun nuts feel validated to copy cat.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It amazes me that conservatives are the most loudly pro-gun American demographic and they say it's because of civilian rights and standing against the government or whatever while conservative politics are staunchly pro-status-quo when not actively regressive.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why did he need two guns? Just in case? Or does a gun owners dick grow two sizes when holding two guns?

I grew up around firearms and I was always taught shit like that was irresponsible and damgerous and you should lose your guns.

Boy times have changed when white supremacy is challenged in the age of the cult of trump.

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
I get that these people are using it for intimidation, but if they really cared about their protecting their "hobby" you would think they'd know that they'd look significantly less crazy to just not bring the guns with them when they "protest".

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I get that these people are using it for intimidation, but if they really cared about their protecting their "hobby" you would think they'd know that they'd look significantly less crazy to just not bring the guns with them when they "protest".

Maybe it is because they are actually batshit crazy.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't help but think that these nutjobs are making too many assumptions about the intent of the Founders regarding the Second Amendment, because considering how it's worded, for all we know the actual intention was just to allow for militias to bear arms and not private citizens.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Arrest this man for terrorism. Then assess his mental wellbeing and put him in a psych ward.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
You want gun control? Give guns to people of color and have them publicly show off these weapons. Watch restrictions magically be put in. But knowing America those folks would likely be shot dead by the police before any law changes.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's an amount of fucked I don't actually find that surprising, unfortunately.

Secondary note: Virginia has been getting A LOT done.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Every single one of these pro-gun assholes never protest without looking like a fucking hateful, piece of shit terrorist. And all it does is prove the necessity of gun control even more.