• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I own this game three times already but I will absolutely buy it again on Switch!

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
This reminded me that I randomly stopped playing this game and never went back, even loving almost everything about it. I might restart it on Switch if anything.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I tried getting into this game a couple times, but got bored shortly after the initial mixing tutorial with each. It's odd because I'm a fan of well-done slow start games and film. Maybe I'll give it another whack one day since I already own it on PC.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time to buy it a 3rd time. I dropped it when the Switch version was announced. Guess I'll finally finish it.

Oct 27, 2017
Is this getting a physical release? All the Limited Run Games stuff regarding it's Vita release had me confused as to what is and what isn't.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
My greatest regret is missing the 20 second period I had to buy the vinyl for this game's soundtrack before it sold out.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Time 2 double dip

Also am I correct in my understanding that this game kinda caught fire a bit when it hit Japan?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got this game in a humble bundle a while back with no expectations. Ended up being the best by far in that pack. Get this game folks, it's a really comfy one to kick back and relax to, and pardon the cliche, perfect for Switch.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Also am I correct in my understanding that this game kinda caught fire a bit when it hit Japan?
It was popular in Japan before it even launched there. The devs went to TGS with it and it became a staple indie ever since. No surprises that they're marketing this game HARD in Japan of all regions. Hell, they got the author behind Galko to draw an alt cover. Trying to find the pic of it, but I remember they had a fuckton of JP physical copies available. Game is really popular.

EDIT: Found it

D1Yb8rAUwAUpXD_.jpg

D20Hqv_U0AMLCR5.jpg

Last edited:

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
On the one hand I don't really need to buy this game a fourth time, but on the other they are nice enough to release it on my birthday.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I might take this as an excuse to replay the game. It's been a while.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Buy this game people, it's a great one. And the sequel is coming out in 2020!

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Played it on my PlayStation TV last year, turned out to be a really great game. Probably great for portable but the TV experience is how I'll always play it. Think which console I get it on will be determined by whether the PS4 version shares a trophy list with the Vita or has a new one.

Soundtrack's incredible, too. If your bar day doesn't start with "Good for Health, Bad for Education" then you're doing it wrong.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
A release date?

FINALLY. I know what my first game purchase of May will be!

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Easiest double dip of my life. Absolutely adore this game and I can't wait to play it before bed on the switch.

Also for those who don't know: the developers Sukeban Games are from Venezuela and have recently blogged about the tough situation they face there. It's certainly impacting their development process for their new game. They could use all the help they can get! I'm not saying you are obligated to double dip, but

you are obligated to double dip. Support these developers!

Link to the blog post: http://sukeban.moe/index.php/2019/04/01/if-we-could-be-serious-for-a-minute/

Deleted member 22070

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it totally linear or is there some replayability to it ? Wondering how it compares to The Red String Club, which I got my eyes on as well for my Switch and I know is a totally story-driven game, which I like.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Is it totally linear or is there some replayability to it ? Wondering how it compares to The Red String Club, which I got my eyes on as well for my Switch and I know is a totally story-driven game, which I like.
Pretty much linear and story driven, but the gameplay is making cocktails and hearing people's stories. Make them correct, hear more of their stories and make money. Money's used to pay rent and other items, and if you've not paid rent (or whatever the equivalent is for that time frame) then you'll get a bad ending.

Just pay attention, keep track of what makes what drink and what your guests habits are and their stories and enjoy the ride.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Loved this on PC, check this out console folk :D I wouldn't mind playing it again to experiment a bit more with the drinks system

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Didn't they keep moving the release date for Vita as well?
I'll buy it when it actually releases, but the wait for this game has been loooooooooooooooooooong. (And it's still not over.)

(Wanted to buy it on Vita, but then it was announced on Switch, so I kept waiting, not aware that I'd be waiting forever...)

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone, buy this game.
But I already own it 3 times! And the OST on vinyl and CD!

Ok fine, I'll add JP PS4/Switch and Limited Run PS4/Switch to the collection as well!

There are multiple endings and you can get different scenes depending on what drinks you serve to customers so there is enough there for 2-3 playthroughs but it generally is linear.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot this was actually coming out on Switch. All I remember was their dumb April Fool's Day fake announcement last year.

Deleted member 22070

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much linear and story driven, but the gameplay is making cocktails and hearing people's stories. Make them correct, hear more of their stories and make money. Money's used to pay rent and other items, and if you've not paid rent (or whatever the equivalent is for that time frame) then you'll get a bad ending.

Just pay attention, keep track of what makes what drink and what your guests habits are and their stories and enjoy the ride.

Okay, I'm definitely sold. Thanks.