• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Gomez, who said she was briefly handcuffed by police outside the school, has publicly criticized officers for failing to immediately enter the building and confront the gunman who killed 19 children and two adults. Officers waited for 70 minutes before storming the classroom and killing the shooter — a response the Texas public safety chief has called an "abject failure."
Di Carlo said Gomez believes she has since been targeted by police. She was pulled over for a traffic stop and falsely accused of having illegal immigrants in her vehicle, he said. About a week ago, a police vehicle parked outside of her home for about 45 minutes and flashed its lights at her and her mother while they were going for a walk.
Di Carlo said he wrote to the Uvalde Police Department about what happened, but has not received a response.

In another incident, he said a family member of Gomez said police instructed them to tell Gomez to stop speaking to the media about the massacre. That incident may be harder to prove, he said, but a Philadelphia nonprofit civil rights group has offered to file a freedom of speech lawsuit on Gomez's behalf.
"The police were basically acting in an abusive manner towards the people outside who were concerned about the children," Di Carlo said. Gomez, he said, "was basically falsely arrested or falsely imprisoned, though momentarily, to prevent her from going into the school."

Oct 30, 2017
Can't believe this department hasn't been completely cleaned out. It's infested by gutless fuckwads from top to bottom. Harass and intimidate is their fucking M.O.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
police in the US abusing their power? Hmm. I dunno. Sounds far fetched. I'll wait for a NYTimes OpEd to give an unbiased take on this

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Keep digging guys. Deeper and deeper you go.

That said, I do wonder if any consequences will come for these pigs.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Wtf is going on with this entire Uvalde story. Are any FBI investigations happening into what actually went down?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I sincerely hope that every single "officer" of that police "department" never sleeps a full night for the rest of their pointless lives. Dime-store mafioso pond scum.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Keep digging guys. Deeper and deeper you go.

That said, I do wonder if any consequences will come for these pigs.

My cynical self says probably not. If history is any indication.

She made them look bad going in herself. They can't have that. That is a narrative they cannot control.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, nothing is going to happen to them. This is how police forces in America act. They're gangs.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think its glaringly obvious that they fucked up way bigger than anyone first thought and they don't want that to get out.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
This is what I want to know. I don't like how this just slipped out of the news cycle, forgotten about.
Yeah, absolutely. They tweeted "we didn't shoot a kid" and then zipped their lips until it dropped from the news cycle, and now they're harassing the only woman who acted in their stead at the time of the shooting, where they purposefully stood around useless for the entirety of the incident. I'm baffled that it's not being looked into.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Police are the biggest gang in the country, of course they're going to use intimidating gang tactics.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I understand why some people assume they're hiding something but it's important to remember that they could be hiding absolutely nothing more and there is already enough information out there for us to conclude they are pieces of shit culpable for the deaths of children.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
The lowest of the low. Sub-par human beings. Wastes of space. Bottom of the barrel. Psychopaths.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
money well spent on our brave boys in blue, GIVE THEM ANOTHER BILLION JACK!
All Cops Are Beautiful.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be surprised if I tomorrows headline will be "Supreme Court says police departments are allowed to harass by any means anyone who criticizes them"

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Well yeah, they can't handle that she has more courage than the whole force and made them look weak as fuck. So obviously now they have to harass her.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I knew this was going to happen when she went in and saved her kids and gave that interview.

They would have preferred her kids had died.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Of course they are. It would be comical how malicious these officers are if it was not for the human toll it caused.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, there's no reason to even call them cowards, because it appears they knew exactly what they were doing and maybe just wanted the kids to die instead of someone from their own criminal organization.

Oct 27, 2017
Its fucking bizzare, where is the oversight of this shit?

Local cops seem to have zero independant oversight at all. Which blows my mind.

Oct 25, 2017
just a gang in uniforms
like so many police departments in this country
they dont join to serve the public they join for the power to be above the law
the entire culture of police in the USA is absolutely fucked beyond reason
like do we need to establish some form of federal oversight just for cops to actually do their jobs
gigantic reforms are needed

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Why is it that being a cop seems to just make you a lower class of human?

Seriously, what the fuck is with how shitty this PD is?