• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Peachtree City, GA
I'll just move my question from the review thread into this one. For those of you that have already played it (considering it comes out tomorrow officially), any help on this would be greatly appreciated:

I'm trying to work on the Platinum trophy of this game and so far I'm lacking the following:

- Where the Wild Things March
(I for the life of me cannot find where to access this event as I've completed everything else)

- Completely filled out the Encyclopedia
(I have a 100% on all Training and Free Battles - except the Free Battles that show --- since you cannot beat those)
(Currently missing two items: #72 and #79)
(Gallery missing first two of page #5)

- Reminiscing
(Event Viewer missing #61)

- Sound of a Thousand Memories
(Missing songs #10, 16, 27, 29, 98)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I first completed the game, then the Free Battles and finally the Training (in that order).

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT

Looking forward to playing this. Though it seems kind of up in the air as to when my copy will arrive. Amazon gave me a estimate of end of June originally and now I don't have one? I don't mind waiting since I know the story and of course there's more obvious circumstances that would present issues, but just odd.

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
I'll just move my question from the review thread into this one. For those of you that have already played it (considering it comes out tomorrow officially), any help on this would be greatly appreciated:

I'm trying to work on the Platinum trophy of this game and so far I'm lacking the following:

(I for the life of me cannot find where to access this event as I've completed everything else)

(I have a 100% on all Training and Free Battles - except the Free Battles that show --- since you cannot beat those)
(Currently missing two items: #72 and #79)
(Gallery missing first two of page #5)

- Reminiscing
(Event Viewer missing #61)

(Missing songs #10, 16, 27, 29, 98)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I first completed the game, then the Free Battles and finally the Training (in that order).

You need all items for it to unlock.

#79: I got this without trying, but I believe you can get it by completing battle 11 (Special Attack) with a level 10 or higher Teoro.
Gallery: You get them from completing Where the Wild Things March stage.

- Reminiscing
#61: Ending movie with original bgm

#10: Glory Hounds Training stage with special extended bgm
#16: Event Viewer #06 with original bgm
#27: Kimamauan Emperor Training stage with special extended bgm
#29: Event Viewer #57 with original bgm
#98: Where the Wild Things March stage

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
I imagine that's DLC to use those units in battle. I can't imagine there being any visual novel or story segments to them.

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can someone explain why there's $30 worth of character DLC which seem to be all the characters I'm familiar with from Zan?
I imagine that's DLC to use those units in battle. I can't imagine there being any visual novel or story segments to them.

And that explains why a great deal of the Mask of Deception/Mask of Truth characters are listed on BehindTheVoiceActors as being in this game, some with new character portraits. I didn't want to spoil anyone by mentioning this in the OP, nor was I going to spoil myself by researching what this consisted of - I wondered if it was a brief post-credits scene with Haku and the gang, but couldn't understand the how or why of that.

I own the JP version on Vita, but not hooked up to a JP PSN account, so never saw this existed.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Weirdly enough, there's a save $5 bundle for the Vita DLC, but not the PS4.
store.playstation.com

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen - DLC Bundle

This bundle features the exclusive character, Oshtor, and 4 bonus item sets. The bundle includes:<br><br>DLC Character: Haku<br>DLC Character: Kuon<br>DLC Character: Nekone<br>DLC Character: Rulutieh<br>DLC Character: Ukon<br>DLC Character: Atuy<br>DLC Character: Nosuri<br>DLC Character: Ougi<br>DLC

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Don't mean to clog up the thread, but has anyone gotten any update on Amazon about this? I still don't even have an estimated date and it doesn't even seem to be up for purchase there anymore.

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Weirdly enough, there's a save $5 bundle for the Vita DLC, but not the PS4.
store.playstation.com

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen - DLC Bundle

This bundle features the exclusive character, Oshtor, and 4 bonus item sets. The bundle includes:<br><br>DLC Character: Haku<br>DLC Character: Kuon<br>DLC Character: Nekone<br>DLC Character: Rulutieh<br>DLC Character: Ukon<br>DLC Character: Atuy<br>DLC Character: Nosuri<br>DLC Character: Ougi<br>DLC

Please tell me the DLC is cross-buy. I'll buy Atuy, but I refuse to buy Atuy twice.

(Once I've sussed out a few facts regarding the DLC, I'll add it to the OP)

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't think so. The store page says playable on PS Vita with no mention of PS4.

I know, I know, but I've bought DLC packs that have claimed to be one not the other and ended up with both in my download list. Guess we'll need someone to buy it to find out.

(And although I'm likely to buy it myself, I don't want it for an initial playthrough and I'm European so my copy won't be here till Friday so I can't test that myself for now)

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So this might sound like a dumb question, but is it actually out on NA PSN? Because I can add the DLC to my cart but I can't add the actual game.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So this might sound like a dumb question, but is it actually out on NA PSN? Because I can add the DLC to my cart but I can't add the actual game.

Try this link:

store.playstation.com

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen

Discover the first chapter of a tale years in the making. Hakuowlo, a man with no memories, must find his place in a strange new world and embrace the destiny that awaits him!<br><br>1 player(s)<br>Network Features<br>1024KB Minimum<br>Touchscreen<br><br> Software subject to license (us.playstation

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems to be stuck in the typical wishlist-only mode. Usually clears up a little after 11:00 a.m. EST. That said, it's already been an hour, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'd give it some time.
Try this link:

store.playstation.com

Discover the first chapter of a tale years in the making. Hakuowlo, a man with no memories, must find his place in a strange new world and embrace the destiny that awaits him!<br><br>1 player(s)<br>Network Features<br>1024KB Minimum<br>Touchscreen<br><br> Software subject to license (us.playstation
Careful, that's the Vita version.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know, I know, but I've bought DLC packs that have claimed to be one not the other and ended up with both in my download list. Guess we'll need someone to buy it to find out.

(And although I'm likely to buy it myself, I don't want it for an initial playthrough and I'm European so my copy won't be here till Friday so I can't test that myself for now)
I'm going to buy the DLC, I'm just waiting to see if a bundle link gets posted. Once I do, I'll confirm if there's an option to download to Vita.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Try this link:

store.playstation.com

Seems to be stuck in the typical wishlist-only mode. Usually clears up a little after 11:00 a.m. EST. That said, it's already been an hour, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'd give it some time.

Careful, that's the Vita version.

Gotcha, thank you!

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm going to buy the DLC, I'm just waiting to see if a bundle link gets posted. Once I do, I'll confirm if there's an option to download to Vita.

Awesome. It's previous NISA releases like the Atelier games that have granted both, but that doesn't really mean anything if Aquaplus didn't have cross-buy on the DLC originally. We shall see...

Oct 25, 2017
Peachtree City, GA
You need all items for it to unlock.

#79: I got this without trying, but I believe you can get it by completing battle 11 (Special Attack) with a level 10 or higher Teoro.
Gallery: You get them from completing Where the Wild Things March stage.

- Reminiscing
#61: Ending movie with original bgm

#10: Glory Hounds Training stage with special extended bgm
#16: Event Viewer #06 with original bgm
#27: Kimamauan Emperor Training stage with special extended bgm
#29: Event Viewer #57 with original bgm
#98: Where the Wild Things March stage

I was able to find the sounds that I was missing as well as item #72, but for some reason, I am still unable to acquire item #79. Without it, I am unable to access Where the Wild Things March to finish everything else.

I tried your suggestion for item #79 and did the event both through the Battle Stage as well as starting a new GamePlus+ with both times beating that stage with Teoro, but it still won't give me the item for some reason.

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to find the sounds that I was missing as well as item #72, but for some reason, I am still unable to acquire item #79. Without it, I am unable to access Where the Wild Things March to finish everything else.

I tried your suggestion for item #79 and did the event both through the Battle Stage as well as starting a new GamePlus+ with both times beating that stage with Teoro, but it still won't give me the item for some reason.

I found a guide that says "obtained during Rest Phase after stage 11 if Teoro is level 10 or more".

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the Uta2+3 character dlc are just cameo units with no story tied to them, like the To Heart 2 dlc in the previous games.

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm guessing the Uta2+3 character dlc are just cameo units with no story tied to them, like the To Heart 2 dlc in the previous games.

Seemingly so. Looks to be exactly the same in practice as the To Heart 2 DLC.

Worth noting that Oshtor appears to be exclusive to the bundle.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
Should I play this first before the other Uta games?

If you're willing to invest a lot on this series and get the best experience possible, yes. All three games are amazing and well worth it.

If you are unsure, you might check the anime adaptation of this game first and see if it's interesting to you.
You can also start with Mask of Deception, which is cheaper, but you will lose some moments that feature characters from the first game.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
So are all first print PS4 copies the "Origins" Edition? Asking as Gamestop has this listed in stock but doesn't mention if it is the Origins edition or not. If it is I may just cancel my Amazon preorder and get it from Gamestop.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Should I play this first before the other Uta games?
If you want to play the whole series then yeah, you should just play this first. If you're not sure, either this or Mask of Deception could be played first. I played Deception first and found it very accessible and it hooked me onto the series. You'll definitely want to play Prelude or watch the anime before Mask of Truth though.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
If you want to play the whole series then yeah, you should just play this first. If you're not sure, either this or Mask of Deception could be played first. I played Deception first and found it very accessible and it hooked me onto the series. You'll definitely want to play Prelude or watch the anime before Mask of Truth though.
Do I have to watch the anime as well as play these games to enjoy them ?

Oct 25, 2017
Peachtree City, GA
WOOT! I appreciate every single person that helped out. Was just able to unlock the Platinum Trophy!

I haven't played the other two games, but after going through this one, I can't wait to jump on the others.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
So are all first print PS4 copies the "Origins" Edition? Asking as Gamestop has this listed in stock but doesn't mention if it is the Origins edition or not. If it is I may just cancel my Amazon preorder and get it from Gamestop.

Yes! We do not by policy call any of our versions Day 1 but that is effectively the D1 edition of the game (first print). If secondary prints are made due to a high value of re-ordering they will be sent without the extra stuff inside and under no edition titling. This applies across all our releases.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! We do not by policy call any of our versions Day 1 but that is effectively the D1 edition of the game (first print). If secondary prints are made due to a high value of re-ordering they will be sent without the extra stuff inside and under no edition titling. This applies across all our releases.

Thanks! Hope Amazon can get my copy sent out, they seemed to have this listed as "unavailable" pretty quickly.

Apr 24, 2018
Thanks! Hope Amazon can get my copy sent out, they seemed to have this listed as "unavailable" pretty quickly.
Came in here to ask this very same question. Consider this one more copy sold!

EDIT: I think I may have snagged the last copy Best Buy had...the page now shows as sold out!

Last edited:

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and canceled my Amazon order and went with Gamestop. Preordered three weeks ago and haven't received any kind of update.

Mar 22, 2020
Game looks amazing and the added Mask of Deception/Truth tracks add a lot of flavor to it. Sad to think this will be the only Uta game we'll get for the next few years, though Aquaplus did mention they have more console titles in their pipeline

Oct 25, 2017
Peachtree City, GA
Game looks amazing and the added Mask of Deception/Truth tracks add a lot of flavor to it. Sad to think this will be the only Uta game we'll get for the next few years, though Aquaplus did mention they have more console titles in their pipeline

This game is about to make new fans, and I am one of them. I had never previously played any of the other games, but Prelude to the Fallen has convinced me this is a series worth investing money and time into.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Honestly, after I went like 12 years without an Utaware game, anything more than what we've already gotten is just gravy. I long thought this franchise was buried, especially after Leaf kicked the bucket (more or less).

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Game is cozy so far.

The hair ring loop in Eruruu's design annoys me for some reason lol, like why doesn't she have another ring on the right side of her hair?

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Game is cozy so far.

The hair ring loop in Eruruu's design annoys me for some reason lol, like why doesn't she have another ring on the right side of her hair?
Did you play Mask of Deception/Truth? If not then, Japan VN heroines typically have some flair to their hair to make them stand out, and having an asymmetric look helps with that.

mowmow

Aug 22, 2018
All the 3 Utawarerumono games has all the songs in the game that you can listen to. I love that this one has songs from all 3 games.