• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks! Saving all my prisms for Tokiya because purple is the best colour.

Solid reasoning!
Welcome to boyband heaven!

tumblr_ofu8zhK0mL1us9wddo9_250.gif

Solo pulls only make sense if you're desperate for a specific limited photo in the shoot, and you won't have time to save up for full pulls before the shoot expires. Otherwise there's not much reason not to wait to save up and get a free extra photo out of the 11 pull.
You only need the SRs and URs to beef up your team to do well in events - next event will start next week on monday, if you keep at it for the whole week you should easily get a free SR out of it. Don't panic about the event for now, you won't have time to get good enough teams before monday anyway. Just keep playing the event for, it gives great rewards (including prisms).

They had a banner with double UR rates recently, and they do other special banners every two weeks or so - basically, don't pull the normal banner, just wait for something special to come around.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Welcome, welcome.

Since you're just starting, the game's gonna drown you in prisms so it shouldn't take you long to get enough for an 11-pull. Single pulls are almost never worth it, though you can still get a decent photo. One of the URs I got was from a single pull. But it isn't something I'd do often.

I don't think Tokiya's had a major event/new UR in quite some time, so he may be getting a new one soon. Save, save, save! It's still a ways off, but Tokiya will have a special banner in August for his birthday where you'll have a higher chance to pull his photos.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
Good advice on saving it for special banners!

I just found out Tokiya's voice actor also provided the voice for Ryuji in Persona 5 among others which solidifies him as my main!

Oathkeeper

Apr 1, 2018
Screenshot_20180331-113716.png

THIS WAS MY FIRST PULL....... i probably used up all my luck with this one pull but i'll be DAMNED if i don't pull for syo tomorrow too!

Last edited:
OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Double UR pull with 2% and I couldn't even get 1 UR with 4 pulls in 4%, congrats! There's another Syo UR coming tonight

Oathkeeper

Apr 1, 2018
Thank you guys!!! I feel so loved by this game... I knew I didn't have to reroll! (FTR I've been playing for a little over a month now)

ALSO I just pulled again AND GOT SYO along with Ai and Ranmaru from the event!!! I'm truly so #blesst

Pic when I get on laptop but if anyone wants to see their stories or lines or anything let me know! I for one am really curious as to what Ran has to say about that banana.

edit: here it is in all its glory

Screenshot_20180413-112642.png

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Haha, I got perfect Banana Ranmaru as well, I'm happy I'll get to see both ridiculous story parts of that scavenger hunt. Also got 2 Sports Day Ais, because Ai really likes showing up in my pulls.
Honestly, I am good with my one 11 pull for this banner. I'll hold off a bit to see what else pops up, maybe I'll try for Ren one more time before it expires though.

Oathkeeper

Apr 1, 2018
Haha, I got perfect Banana Ranmaru as well, I'm happy I'll get to see both ridiculous story parts of that scavenger hunt. Also got 2 Sports Day Ais, because Ai really likes showing up in my pulls.
Honestly, I am good with my one 11 pull for this banner. I'll hold off a bit to see what else pops up, maybe I'll try for Ren one more time before it expires though.
Ai loves showing up in my pulls too lmao. Thankfully I actually really like him! (best boy still syo though)
Also, what happens in Camus' sports day story? I know it's a sort of scavenger hunt thing(?) but that's about it.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Trying to bless poor hypno's phone: (ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚'★,。・:*:・゚'☆

The Scavenger part with Camus is mostly him giving this uppity speech about how he's clearly going to whoop Ran's ass and collect all the things. Then the first thing he has to collect is a cat ear hairband, and he doesn't even know what that means. He puts on his butler gimmick and politely calls out to the girls at the stand let him know if anyone owns ... whatever that is ... and that he's heading to their seats now.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Thank you guys!!! I feel so loved by this game... I knew I didn't have to reroll! (FTR I've been playing for a little over a month now)

ALSO I just pulled again AND GOT SYO along with Ai and Ranmaru from the event!!! I'm truly so #blesst

Pic when I get on laptop but if anyone wants to see their stories or lines or anything let me know! I for one am really curious as to what Ran has to say about that banana.

edit: here it is in all its glory

Screenshot_20180413-112642.png

Another fabulous pull. I've only done one pull on this banner. I got three SRs, but only one of them was a Sports Day one (Ren).

Gonna have to save up more prisms. I want bread-eating Masato!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Upcoming event UR is literally Hayato, I'm dead.

img_20180415_130315uwqod.png

Since Tokiya was a side character in the last event, and Natsuki is a side character in this, could this foreshadow a Natsuki UR in the event following this?
And if Tokiya gets a Hayato photo, could he, *gasp*, get a Satsuki one?

(Make it so, Klab!)

Edit: Man, I'm actually super excited for this event. First of all because I really want that UR. I don't have a Tokiya UR yet, so I neeeed it. Also, if I end up getting it, I can make a full UR shine team (with the duplicate Cecil UR from last event).
It's also just beautiful. Look at it!
Secondly though, I know that playlist is going to be lit! The Tokiya songs are all great, I personally hope they end up putting Original Resonance in the event rotation for now, that would be sweet. I also hope they dig out "Independence" as his solo song, please Klab, please.

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I tried another 11 pull from the banner, in case I get the UR to buff my team for the event, but all I got was Masato.

screenshot_2018-04-15j8pe0.png

lol, any comment on that in Ren's story? Also, Natsuki's bread was filled with soap it seems? What did Cecil end up with?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
People are going in hard on this event. Doing my usual things ends me up in the Top 20%, when I usually get to Top 15% (or even Top 10% for Cecil). Doesn't seem like there's more active players, just more VERY active players out of this.
I'll get the UR through points easy, but RIP my rank.

Otherwise, so glad they put Original Resonance in! The last song could have been much better though...

Love the event story of course:
screenshot_2018-04-17g2uot.png

(There should have been an Easter Bunny Tokiya AND THEY KNOW IT!!)

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Did one last pull because my friend got lucky with 2 URs in solos

ocAehyl.png

1fvDEGp.png

I'm at 87 Prism now but Sports Ranmaru is now mine!

Oathkeeper

Apr 1, 2018
Congrats hypno!

Tokiya's event is so much more brutal than I thought it would be for a healer card. I guess there are a lot of Tokiya fans out there, or a bunch of people just like the UR's art. How many points per day do y'all aim for?

On another note my login card finally upgraded to premium yesterday yay

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats hypno!

Tokiya's event is so much more brutal than I thought it would be for a healer card. I guess there are a lot of Tokiya fans out there, or a bunch of people just like the UR's art. How many points per day do y'all aim for?

Thanks!
I think Tokiya is just extremely popular, one of the people I follow on Twitter doesn't post about the game but then quoted this event saying they've been saving up all their LP for Tokiya.

I've just been autoing on Hard for now since I still can't S rank autoing Star songs T_T
I usually get 2.1k from x3 booster on the last song in the set.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I try to aim for 30k points per day, which allows me to nab the UR with a final push on the last day usually (30k x 7 = 210k and it needs 220k to get the UR from points).
At the moment that means I play the full event set approximately 4 times per day = 28 songs.
Ouf, spelling this out DOES seem a little crazy, but well, most of this is time spent just before going to bed.
I boost the last 3 songs, which gives me at least 2k points for each of those.

I play on hard, because that allows me to sometimes nab the extra points for staying above 90% stamina and getting full combos - I couldn't do that on Pro, also, I sometimes actually lose on Pro, so that's a waste of stamina then.

During work hours I auto a few songs, but otherwise I do play them myself. I really like the game play aspect after all, and the songs (Original Resonance on full volume every time! <3).

The spring update they just announced sounds quite substantial? I'm intrigued to learn more soon!

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Congrats hypno!

I try to aim for 40k points a day if my LP allows for it. I bounce between actually playing and doing auto. If I'm playing I'll do a round on Hard since I'm not that good at Pro, and when I auto I'll set the difficulty to Pro since my teams can usuall S-Rank stuff on their own.

That spring campaign stuff sounds promising. Maybe this means we'll finally see a wider variety of events?

Oathkeeper

Apr 1, 2018
Interesting! I was doing 32k a day to get the UR on the last day, but now I'm also trying to do 40k a day after seeing someone else do that.

Also, if you force-quit the app during a song, you can stop playing it and won't lose any LP from it. It's pretty useful for if you're doing the FC mission and make a mistake!

The spring campaign sounds like it's gonna be neat! Imagine if they added multiplayer similar to Bang Dream's? That'd be amazing. I hope they do that one day.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Event variation is something this game needs and I would really like multiplayer (permanent, not event-exclusive)

I hope the autograph/messages thing doesn't make pulling more than one of the same UR absolutely necessary, it's difficult enough getting just one copy as it is. Hope people that have Special Lessoned their cards will have access to the new Moments as well.

201804191455_3.png

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
So I did another photoshoot hoping to pick up some more of the Sports Day SRs, and I thought "Gimme Masato and Ai!" as I started the shoot.. Sure enough I get two SRs and they're...

Masato and Ai!

...but they're both from the Listening to Music set, and I already had them both. Guess I should've specified which Masato and Ai I wanted...?

On the plus side, I also ended up getting this -

Just need Ranmaru, Syo, and Otoya and I'll have the full Summer set!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
This sounds fun, I wondered when we'll get more stickers.
(I say that, not realizing I will probably tank hard in this mode and never win anything.)

The more I read about the sub-skill and moments upgrade the more I realize that it's likely that you need multiple duplicate URs to fully take advantage of this, and that sounds rough. I'm starting to get a bit nervous about the update.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
People on Twitter keep asking for Heavens to be added. While I would love to get some of the songs (Heavens Gate and Lasting Oneness are ace!), I don't think I really need those dudes as Ikemen. Except Kira of course.
But I honestly don't need the app to grow another 2GB - the new voice lines might already force me to delete another app.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Adding Heavens? It's a nice idea and all, but don't they have too few songs? All they have is their one song as a group and then the STARISH collabs from Legend Star, I think? (I'm not super up to date on Utapri)

And yeah, the game's file size is already massive enough as is. Adding another seven boys and all of their dialogue would be overkill.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
KLab sure is getting generous between 10 free 10+1s in Love Live JP and now 5 free here

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Just came here to post about this too. :D I guess it's to give people a chance for a dupe UR they already have so they can start getting used to fusions? :/

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats!
Got 3 SR from my free shoot, one of them was Dancing with the Stars Masato which I didn't have yet, and I kinda like the outfit he has there. It's free!!!! So all good.

I have 1800 prisms saved up, I'll gamble the double UR rate banner a bit, but I'm also tempted to have one last go at the Sports banner.

I didn't get to really look into the new features since I'm still at work, but the Gem Bonus song in the campaign dropped a green microphone for me. Huh.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
The score battle started and it doesn't look like real multiplayer, bummer
ZiZha1M.png

IJKwpef.png

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
It must have been super early, I didn't see any CPU opponents at all. I'm doing surprisingly good in the score battle.

Dumped all my prisms (2100) into the double UR rate banner, and got 4 URs, plus one from the free pull. I even got two dupes (Ai and Natsuki) but I don't have their microphones to unlock their sub skill. I pray they have the one where you get lots of points when ending a song on full stamina. Not the one where you get meh points for ending above 60% stamina. Assuming they have similar sub skills to the SR and Rs.

It's nice having full UR teams now! I have only 37 prisms left though, ouch. I hope to god the next banner doesn't have an UR I like (Natsuki or Reiji).

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I think the score attack mode just pulls a CPU score if it cannot load five other player scores in X amount of time. Most of my tries so far have been using other player data, but I have had one or two CPUs in a few rounds.