• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Congrats! That's what happened with me and the White Day Cecil UR. Feels great.

Ren's new event...not really feeling the song selection this time around. Not helping is at least two of these songs were used during "The Confused Soloist" a month or two ago. Oh well. I want that Ren UR so gotta grind, grind, grind...

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Okay, so first of all: You guys made me do it.
I didn't want to pull this banner.
I wanted to wait.
But well.

This is your fault:
HjzyKdP.png

DID YOU THINK I GOT LUCKY THERE (I really wanted that Natsuki SR, wowza)???

DO NOT DOUBT MY GACHA LUCK EVER AGAIN (I pulled again, because goddamn, this game hates to give me Shine SRs):

AND DID YOU THINK ALL I GOT FROM MY SECOND PULL WAS THE UR I REALLY REALLY WANTED? SEE AND WEEP:

5 SRs and 1 UR. What the fuck is wrong with me? Yes, I know 4 of them are duplicates, but I'LL TAKE IT.

I now accept bookings to bless your phones.

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I think I might just do whatever for this event, maybe next time.

Songs and such are fun though, but Ill just go all out for the next event. Not like I need yet another SR Hijirikawa.

[Im in the top40%]

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Currently bouncing between the top 10% - 15%. Sitting just shy of 100,000 points. Hopefully I can nab that Ren UR from the 220k prize tier, but we'll see.

Also just did another 300 pull in the White Day banner and got Masato's card. Also nabbed his event SR today. My All-Masato team will be unstoppable now!

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Event's over! How'd all of you do? Ended up with two of the Ren UR's thanks to getting enough points and landing in the 10% tier bracket.

Any ideas who the next event/photoshoot UR might be? I guess the next photo theme would be easter...?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Event's over! How'd all of you do? Ended up with two of the Ren UR's thanks to getting enough points and landing in the 10% tier bracket.

Any ideas who the next event/photoshoot UR might be? I guess the next photo theme would be easter...?
I was in the 10% bracket too! Easter has been what I have heard others think the next photoshoot will be as well.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I ended up in the 15% bracket, very firmly, as usual. I don't know why I keep trying to get to 10%, I can't make it happen!
Anyway, happy I have the best friends in the world, that understand that "I love you, but there's an UtaPri event going on now."

I rolled the UR banner three more times!
End result was a duplicate Natsuki Shining UR (duplicate URs are the worst, looks so derpy having dupes in the team...), and a few more SRs I didn't have. I'm mostly happy my Shine Team is now no longer dependent on that one maxed out Syo Rare that I had. :D It served me well in the event though.
Also, I have nearly all the currently available Natsuki SRs and URs now, wowza. He REALLY likes me. Second most pulled card is Ai, then Camus, then Ren. I think Cecil is my least pulled card, but I'm okay with that.
My last pull however was 50% Syo Rares, haha.

In the end I got 3 URs from the UR banner with 5 full pulls. Pretty nice!

Now give Easter Bunnies please.

Oh, last remark, my birthday was nice! I got 50 prisms, and Natsuki leaned in, blushing, telling me he's glad I am in this world, and that my smile makes everything better (or something along the line). I'm a bit sad it only triggered once upon logging in, would have loved to see the other guys also remark on my birthday.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
That's nice and all, but two things:

a) Sometimes I try to switch teams by clicking the left or right arrows in the team selection, and then it seems to just endlessly cycle through ALL of my teams and I just look at idol cards spinning by for nearly half a minute or more until it finally settles on the team I wanted. Would that be the thing they minor bug fixed? Because this drives me nuts.
b) EASTER BUNNIES WHEN?

I have 1500 prisms, and I'm not afraid to use them.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Those are neat little fixes, especially the LP notification one. I'm still hoping they add a text box to portrait mode so I can understand what the hell the characters are saying when they do their portrait-exclusive quotes. I only know very limited Japanese, game! Don't do this to me!

That's nice and all, but two things:

a) Sometimes I try to switch teams by clicking the left or right arrows in the team selection, and then it seems to just endlessly cycle through ALL of my teams and I just look at idol cards spinning by for nearly half a minute or more until it finally settles on the team I wanted. Would that be the thing they minor bug fixed? Because this drives me nuts.
b) EASTER BUNNIES WHEN?

That first one happens to me a bunch too. Normally if I press down on the screen it'll chill out after a few seconds.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Otoya is the UR for the first part of the new photoshoot for sports day. May luck be with me.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry for double posting, but it seems the next Sports Festival banner after this will feature a Syo UR, in case you want to save up for him.

Otoyan told me (yes, got the UR in 3 full pulls, it was a flip too, the suspense!!).

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
This April Fool's event is a nice surprise, especially getting to see a snippet from all those events I missed. 60+ free prisms is also nothing to scoff at.

Sorry by the way, Dedication through Light, maybe some solo pulls can do the trick?

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Did two pulls. After a million years I finally got some Camus SRs, though I didn't get his sports one. In the second pull I only landed two SRs: yet another Sports Tokiya and Amusement Park Ai. Then I did a single pull and nabbed yet another Sports Tokiya. Tokiya must really like me today...

The April Fools event was a neat little surprise. Was kinda hoping we'd get a shot at pulling those limited URs in a special April Fools banner but guess not. Maybe some other time...

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Can anyone with sports banner Tokiya or Reiji confirm where Ai and Ren will place in the categories? I also have no idea what sporty Reiji might be doing - I guess it's some bag throw, but then I had no idea "bread race" was a thing either...
Still, I guess it's more likely Ren will do tug of war over Ai, right?

Edit: ShyMel filling in the gaps!

UR (Relay Race, Oath):
Team Red - Otoya
Team White - Syo

SR (Bread Race):
Team Red - Natsuki & Cecil
Team White - Masato

SR (Scavenger Hunt):
Team Red - Camus
Team White - Ranmaru

SR (Tug of War):
Team Red - Tokiya
Team White - Ai

SR (Obstacle Course):
Team Red - Reiji
Team White - Ren

Also, Scavenger Hunt with Camus and Ranmaru is amazing.
screenshot_2018-03-31jzq7r.png

Last edited:

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I got Tokiya's card and he is up against Ai. And after some more photoshoots, Reiji and Ren are doing an obstacle course.

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
New event incoming with Cecil UR - more shine URs are nice, so I'll nab this one. The SR is Otoya.

Cecil's outfit though ... is a choice.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
That new Cecil UR looks glorious. I want to see him do some breakdancing.

Like always, gonna aim for the 10% bracket. Considering Cecil's one of the less popular boys, I wonder if the competition's going to be as fierce this time around as the last few events?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
That new Cecil UR looks glorious. I want to see him do some breakdancing.

Like always, gonna aim for the 10% bracket. Considering Cecil's one of the less popular boys, I wonder if the competition's going to be as fierce this time around as the last few events?
I am imterested to see how this event goes as well. Since he has not been in an EN server event yet and a lot of people want his card type I wonder how that will stack up to his popularity and many American schools being on spring break and such.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I legit want to see Otoya hip hop dancing, this event is love.

Also the songs, they brought CODE TVU back!!!!!!! My song.

Why is Maji Love 1000% Rainbow Star Version the FULL version lol. I was not expecting that.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Guys, did they... rename the third attribute from "Charm" to "Act"? When did that happen?
And... why?

In other news, "Original Resonance" is a really good song, looking forward to play that one nonstop once the event ends. But yeah, Code TVU is great too.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Did they change it back to "Act"? I know when the game was translated into English they turned "Act" into "Charm".

Also I'm glad to see Code T.V.U. back. I didn't think I'd miss it as much as I did when it rotated out. It's so damn catchy...

I finally got my bond with Camus up to rank 50, and man...some of these new quotes are killing me. Almost every time I think of swapping him out for one of the other boys or going to sleep he starts doing this:

h e l p

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
If you go to the level up screen and pick a card, the cards show "ACT" as the third attribute, where it used to say "CHARM".

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I guess it's just an oversight on KLab's part? I remember one time I signed into the game and the LOG-IN BONUS English graphic was in Japanese instead.

Did you guys see the Utapri poll on tumblr?

https://shiningliive.tumblr.com/post/172613000903/poll-results

Most of the results were what I expected: Cecil and Camus are the big losers when it comes to popularity. I'm surprised to see Masato and Otoya so low on the Favorite Boy Rankings, though. I've heard of Masato being unpopular, but I figured Otoya was one of the more favored guys?

Kind of funny to see that my favorites are the less liked ones: Masato for STARISH, Camus for Quartet Night, Van Kiryuin for HEAVENS.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats on your UR luck!

The participation in this event is pretty low, no? I have consistently been in the Top 10% without changing much of my strategy from the last few events. The lowest ranks are at around 16k players last I checked, I remember it being above 24k last time - that was after the weekend though, guess we'll see.
However, this also means the Top 30% to Top 10% are pretty close in points this time.

I won't be fooled though, not pushing for 10% just to be kicked out in the last hour again this time!!

Oct 25, 2017
Sports day Otoya still wont come to me, I can do one more 11, but I dont know if I should hold it until his bday (assuming sports day will be in it) or not.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
His birthday is on the 11th, right? Won't you get some more prisms from the event rewards by then as well? Might just hold off until then, and I'll try to send good gacha vibes to your phone in the meantime. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

I'm nearly done with the anime! Such a fun show. I also ... may have bought a bunch of UtaPri CDs just for fun (and lots and lots of Euros). Oh dear.

I found the full music videos for Force Live and Shining Live on youtube recently, just wanted to share them here in case anyone missed them:
Shining Romance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ9npxAlIuU
Force Live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbLLlYxALwI

I'm obsessed with Reiji lately, crossing fingers that he's an event UR in the next months some time.

Oct 25, 2017
Won't you get some more prisms from the event rewards by then as well? Might just hold off until then, and I'll try to send good gacha vibes to your phone in the meantime. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
I should be able to have 2 11 shoots if I can find someway to get like 65 more prisms, then the 100-150 for event rewards for my tier, probably will be 15% tier.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Woot got him that was like 6 photo shoots.

Congratulations!! I take credit for that of course. XD
You'll still get prisms for Otoya's birthday, so I'm sure you'll be fine for his birthday photo shoot as well? Or did you empty your prisms into this banner?

Darn, fell out of the 10% rank within three hours of the even ending.

I also take credit for that! Haha. I was like "fvck it!!" and set an alarm to 30min before the event end and crawled myself into the Top 10%. I'm not even joking, I finished the song that pushed me into Top 10% seconds before the event ended!

This event I only spent 40 prisms, 20 of those for that last stretch before the end. That is crazy good, previous events I spend between 90 - 120 prisms to get the UR, and this time I even got 2 in the end, and 50 prisms more than previous times!
Happy to see my gacha luck pay off in those amazing teams full or URs. More points also means I don't have to keep playing event songs over and over every day to keep up - meaning I won't burn out on the event grind hopefully.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I got a little lazy and lost track of exactly how many days were left. So when the final day rolled around there was no way I was gonna make it to the 220k prize tier, and work made it so I couldn't even grind to the top 10%. No hip hop Cecil for me!

Oh well, at least I got Sports Day Otoya to make up for it.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I grinded so many points in the last 2 days to get the UR Cecil in pts only, managed to get him 1 hour before the end of the event at least.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
Just started the game yesterday. How do I approach with the pulls? Always go for 11 when I have enough for it?