• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Oops. Forgot about Otoya's birthday. SORRY OTOYAN!

Anyone pull on the new banner? I wanted Fox Masato (Foxato?) and Ram/Sheep Camus (Ramus?) and ended up only getting Ramus. Might do another pull before the banner ends. Maybe.

Good luck to those of you gunning for the new event Syo. I opted to sit this one out even though the card's gorgeous.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
screenshot_20190413-1m1k6y.jpg

1200 prisms. u_u
At least he's very cute. Unfortunately he mauled up my saved up prisms and he's due another UR soon. That means no Shining Party banner for me, I really hate how they make those Prince URs so rare.

At least I finally got some new Rs, the stories are talking about the master class courses, they are alright.

Ah, I got all the other SRs from the banner too, Syo is trying his best to sound like a proud lion despite looking like a kitten. Masato encourages you to pet his fox tail (awkward) and trying to tie sheep and aroma therapy together has to of course come from someone that has probably never set foot near a farm ever:
screenshot_20190413-1vfkp8.jpg

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I got three duplicate Otoya URs from his birthday shoots and got his UR from the animal pull, which drained all the prism I had.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
So they finally revealed the Setsugetsuka set:

Flower: https://shiningliive.tumblr.com/post/184426911863/setsugetsuka-i-remember-you-flower-ver
Moon: https://shiningliive.tumblr.com/post/184426884463/setsugetsuka-i-remember-you-moon-ver-includes
Snow: https://shiningliive.tumblr.com/post/184426868073/setsugetsuka-i-remember-you-snow-ver-includes

Uuuugh, I want all of them! The art on the URs keeps getting more and more amazing, sheesh.

Next event's announced too, and it's gonna be our boi Cecil: https://shiningliive.tumblr.com/post/184425845240/shiningliive-the-face-destiny-event-will

The Cecil card's cute, but I'm in it more for the Tokiya SR. That expression on the idolized version amuses me greatly.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
FREE PULLS THOUGH!!!

The Setsugetsuka step-up banner gives you a free pull for Step 1. I got a lot of SRs I didn't have but no URs. :[

There's also another standard freebie banner that'll give you five free pulls. It hasn't even been that long since Otoya got us free pulls. Shining Live's so generous.

UPDATE: Did a few pulls on the step-up banner. Not much luck. The only two Setsugetsuka URs (Masato & Cecil) I have came from guaranteed shots (Step 6 on the banner and the stupidly expensive UR pass). Might do one more pull, then I'll wait for the next round of banners.

Last edited:

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Got the Ai New Years (I think) UR from today's free pull and the newest Tokiya R card. Sweet.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I only today noticed that I can play the boosted event songs on normal and still get boosted event points.
That helped me squeeze out a few more prisms from full comboing them on Pro.

I got to the 4th step on the step up and finally got a Setsugetsuka UR - the freaking gorgeous Ren card. Yay!

I have 6 prisms now, and don't think I'll spend for the pack with the guaranteed UR.
I think.
Hm.
Ask me again next week. Those new loading screens are such a tease and that Natsuki is so beautiful!!

Edit: OMG, the stories are so nice! Ren is melancholic as fvck in his, and Otoya shows up in his nice outfit too. In fact all the Hana boys get a voice line in his story. Ahhhh!
I'm so torn, I don't want to throw money at this, but I can max save up for 1 more pull, and then I'll miss out on the guaranteed UR on the last step. :/

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats! That's a cool Camus, I didn't know he had an amazing bird with him.

I saved up another 11pull and got Reiji, yayyy.

screenshot_20190429-2n2jqn.jpg

I love how they give you a glimpse at another dude in the story.

I ended up buying a shiny box for 10$ so I might still get the last pull for the guaranteed UR if I place okay in this event.
Next banner will be Natsuki focus, whyyy.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Congrats on getting Kotobuking! Also love how all the guys have pimped out costumes while Ai's over there with his department store jacket and T-shirt.

And so it begins! We can start earning Memory Bangles to pick up missed event URs. I already have Masato and Camus, so I'll be working to get that Ren that I missed.

Also KLab really needs to do something about the game's file size. Damn near takes up 4GB on my ancient 16GB phone!

Last edited:

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
It's time for KLab's BIG ten year anniversary!!!!

...and it's just a couple of sets you can buy in the prism shop and a few log-in bonuses. H-Hooray...!

Also I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game, which caused it to drop back down to 2GB. Guess my game was bloated from all those SR and UR side-stories.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I knew Masato was the bad guy. Haha, I like the stupid super/hero villian story line. The SR Tokiya last event was amazing.

PS: Bring back villain Natsuki UR, pls.

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I think the most perfect thing about it is how he's trying to method act by becoming Ranmaru's bitch in real life too.
I'm happy that I'm back to enjoying the event stories!

Do you think we'll get the rest of the boys in the super hero/villain universe as well? Ai, Reiji, Camus and Ren are still missing, and Ren and Reiji might be due another event UR.

They really need to do a one-off event before though and give people the Otoya event they deserve.

On another note, I'm not a fan of how the max point limit to unlock everything in the event shop has been raised drastically. This event is a bloodbath anyway, so I didn't plan on tiering (I end up in the non-SR tier in most events nowadays, because I need to sleep every now and then), but I need these last 50 prisms for Natsuki's birthday coming up.

He came home in one 11-pull in a flip from his current banner by the way, and I couldn't be happier:
auf0rUn.jpg

Now I really want his Prince UR, it's the only one I'm missing next to the villain event one.
(I have a very bad feeling about who might be UR in the next monthly set...)

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Congrats on Natsuki coming home!

It'd be neat if they had all the guys as part of the Heroes/Villain set. I'd love to see Ai and Reiji as bad guys, since both Camus and Ren already have "Evil URs" (Don Camillo and the Happy Hearts Doctor for Camus, Renarty for Ren). Also them not casting Ai as an android in a future Heroes/Villain event would be the ultimate wasted potential.

How's everyone doing in the event so far? The thirst for Randy is REAL. I haven't seen my friends list this active in months. There are at least two people on my list pushing 500,000+ points, and at least four others above 150,000. I'm around 170,000 myself, which isn't bad considering I didn't start playing until today.

NEED MORE LP SEND HELP

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
170k in a day!?!?!

Uh, I sit at 220k and might push for the rest of the memory bangles, everything else is too stressful for me.

I got the kendo wielding Natsuki SR from the bangle exchange, now I want to see if I can get one of the URs. I really hope they rotate them frequently if they keep being so stingy with those bangles. Looks like you'll get one UR and maybe 2 SR max per month. :/ How long until I'm able to pick all the missing event URs up?

Also, they keep mentioning a supreme commander in the event story - I think we might get 1 more villain event for sure.
They could make Ai a hero android like Cecil as well, but they really need an Otoya event one-off in between.

I'm also sad that they seem to have abandoned the world travel costume idea after the backlash over the torero outfit. There was so much potential there, but I understand that playing dress up with traditional outfits from other cultures is a bit of a minefield.
I just hope they didn't have a Camus in a Nazi SS outfit or some stupid bullcrap like that planned and someone had to push the emergency stop button. (I worked on too many Korean MMOs to unsee all these SS uniforms...)

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
170k in a day.

Wouldn't have been possible without Auto-Play. Being able to grind without actually doing it yourself is a feature I wish more mobile games would use. Also helped that I had the day off and stayed home, so I could constantly check the phone between chores. I'm debating stopping once I nab Randy's UR or pushing on for the memory bangles. I always regretted missing out on that delinquent Ren UR...

As for the world costumes, maybe it'll be a rare event theme like the seasons ones? Cecil had his Autumn Memories event early on, then the game seemingly abandoned the idea until they dropped Syo's Spring Memories almost two years later.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Fire emblem three houses crossover when
If Masato is not in a Dimitri costume they've done fucked up.

Man, I wish they'd actually do crossovers in this game. The EnStars thing was so cute.
Or do something with that new costume feature they added for April's Fools.

Good luck GKSil, hope your stamina is enough for the UR.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I was around rank 1.200 when I went to sleep, 3h before the event ended, so naturally I dropped to rank 1.520, just missing out on the dupe UR.
I don't know why I even bother.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
OH SNAP IT'S BACK BITCHES!

That tie looks stupid as heck, but I'm ready for my first Shine Reiji UR!
Now I just need 1 Masato UR with Dream element, then I have at least 1 UR of every boy in every element.
(The story of how I went insane told in UtaPri milestones, thanks for coming to my TED talk.)

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I really hope there will be "ways" to watch it in my country eventually. The anime series was on Netflix at least, so crossing fingers.
Lately, more and more anime cons and expos started popping up here, but UtaPri is comparatively niche, and I hardly ever hear it mentioned.
(I DID run into someone with a bag full of Reiji pins at a Japanese Fair in Amsterdam though, but was too surprised to high five them.)

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Speaking of cons, I was at MomoCon on Friday and there was someone playing some dancing arcade game that had UtaPri music in it. I was too much of a chicken to try playing it myself.

Also I hope hope hope HOPE the UtaPri movie gets at least one showing in a Florida theater cause there's no way in hell I'm making it to Anime Expo. *sigh*

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure I like this, I mean - I thought that's what the bangles were going to be for?
Is the Japanese server getting a different event then? Are they just sitting this week out?
I have so many questions. Also, Otoya getting done dirty with recycled event URs instead of giving him a new one??

Awesome event card though, especially if we get the Tokilocke UR soon as well.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA

No rest from events for me!

My heart goes out to you and all the other Otoya fans out there.

I'm not sure I like this, I mean - I thought that's what the bangles were going to be for?
Is the Japanese server getting a different event then? Are they just sitting this week out?
I have so many questions. Also, Otoya getting done dirty with recycled event URs instead of giving him a new one??

Awesome event card though, especially if we get the Tokilocke UR soon as well.

I think this is just Klab finally getting off their asses to add the missing JP events to the global server. AFTER A MILLION YEARS. I wouldn't be surprised if this rerun's exclusive to the global server and Japan's just enjoying an off week until the next new event.

Ties into the memory bangles too, since the global server bangle shop started with the first english event (delinquent Ren) and not the first game event (thief Otoya). Meaning the unobtainable/currently Japan-only URs remain unobtainable even with the memory bangles.

What I wonder is how frequently Klab's going to run these special events? Right now the the global server is missing -

- Perceptive Detective Tokiya
- Viridian Crystal Reiji
- Autumn Memories Cecil
- Justice Hero Syo
- Toy Land Villains Natsuki
- Crimson Crystal Ranmaru
- Lavender Crystal Ai
- Mystic in Training Otoya

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I must have overlooked where it was mentioned that Memory bangles expire at the end of the month. Could have used what I had left on one of the SRs.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I must have overlooked where it was mentioned that Memory bangles expire at the end of the month. Could have used what I had left on one of the SRs.

Oh no, I forgot that was today. u_u
I got one SR and a UR, and it seems that's the max you can get in terms of cards anywas. I wanted to spend the rest of the bangles on event tickets to unlock the Event stories I don't have, fvck.
Well, if they give the same amount this month, I'll just have to save some extra... Goddamn.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
NEVER SLEEP. SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK.

Also wow, you Otoya fans must be in bliss from all this Otoya-love coming from Klab. He's my least favorite so I'll be sitting this next event out, but good luck to those who try to rank.

Also it's Natsuki and Syo's birthday! Don't forget to log in to get those bonus prisms.

Last edited:

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Ah, man. The boys are mentioning that the UtaPri movie's out. Wish I could go see it.

Also I absolutely love Reiji's new UR. Not going to pull for it since I'm saving prisms for whenever Camus' next banner is up, but it sure is tempting. Though I actually want the Syo SR more than Reiji's UR. I appreciate that more and more cards are having the guys with non-smiling facial expressions.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I tried for the Reiji UR, got most of the other SRs and stopped, because apparently a Natsuki event is upon us soon (they mention him in the current event... the current event is creepy by the way, I like it) and he's due a banner as well.

I finally got the Natsuki Circus SR with blue ticket pull, yay! So I didn't have to pull the Circus/Sports banner anymore either.

These new missions they dropped on us are weird. If they keep pumping out the events like this, who has time to go back an ultimate combo songs on Easy... :L

Last but not least, locking outfits behind purchases is not cool. Especially now that Belgium is locked from purchasing anything, just a dick move with that timing as well. Happy Anniversary UtaPri, I guess.

And related:
https://gematsu.com/2019/06/uta-no-...ta-now-coming-to-switch-alongside-three-ports

TIME TO IMPORT.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Probably the movie promo shirt. As far as I can tell, the only way to get the premium pass stuff is paying cold, hard cash for them... Which, yeaaaah, that's not a move that I like. Those premium passes aren't cheap, either, since they don't sell them alone. The cheapest set that includes one is $9.99! And you only get ONE pass!

I'll buy prisms, Klab, but the outfits? Gonna be skipping those (even though some of those shirts are super good...)

With UtaPri coming to the Switch maybe we'll get a slim, slim, SLIM chance of having at least one of the main games localized. I mean, it's such a bummer the mobile game and anime are the only things to come west. I like the anime for guilty pleasure reasons, but it does a piss poor job developing the characters and covering their stories from the main games. And instead of trying to cover game material the anime opted instead to throw in even more hot guys to fawn over Miss No Personality with the Creepy Eyes.

I like HEAVENS, though.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
We're already getting the step up for Masa's solo album, I completely forgot about that!! (Masa fans beware, he's also the second UR on the fruits banner.)

I guess I'll skip Reiji's birthday banner and save since Natsuki's album comes out next month, and they will probably also time a new banner UR for him around that month.
Also, I highly appreciated the 3 SR tickets for that UR skill bug that I didn't even notice, huh. Got all dupes of course - my luck on the picnick Reiji banner was also garbage by the way, did 4 more 11 pulls when i realized that there won't be a Natsuki banner this month, and didn't even get all of the SRs - got a dupe Christmas Tokiya UR though, which helps for this event, carrying my pathetic Shine team.

Talking of events, there's not really an actual plot this time, is there? Just putting in all the cameos from the other Sherlock event cards and Tokiya and Masato being gay for each other (I support this). I didn't know the unidolized Tokilocke UR had him holding a cute doggo though, that one will never be used with the evolved picture ever. ♡