• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
How are you guys doing in the event? I'm doing ridiculously better by merit of not wasting stamina on playing songs on easy this time around!

Also, not sure why they felt the need to give everyone 3 SR+ tickets, but I'll take them! Hm, maybe I should to hold on to them, in case they add the New Year's set any time soon...

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I haven't started yet! Fate/Grand Order's been keeping me busy.

I don't plan on going for the UR/SR this time around, but I would like to stock up on more prisms, LP, and special gems.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
tumblr_pkgnl6PJqR1rgc9v0_500.png
Was not going to do Masato's birthday shoot until I saw the first round was only 150 prisms.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Tbh I have no idea what this is but was kind of sad it's not a karaoke game with the prince from Katamari

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
The next event's been revealed - A set event (GROSS, GIVE ME MORE COLLECTION EVENTS). Masato is the UR and Ai is the SR.

I love how the art on the URs keeps getting better and better. The colors for the new Masato UR are absolutely gorgeous. Since he's one of my best bois, I'll stop being lazy and participate in the event.

Also I need more prisms to get that damn New Years Megane Ranmaru. Rrrrrrghhhh

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR I GOT MEGANE RANMARU.

With that out of the way:

Discuss.

(This is some mighty thin ice to thread in an idol rhythm game, whoa boy...)

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Bah! Thanks to my work schedule I wasn't able to get the event Masato. Welp, so much for that! How did everyone else do, for those of you who participated?

I've got some days off coming up, so I'll be going all in to grab that new Ren. And Otoya actually looks kind of cool for once.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats, he is so cute!

I'm still pulling for New Year's Natsuki, send good waves.
I also still have the 350 LP from New Year's stocked up, so the farming for Ren can begin!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Wow, I can't believe I forgot to sign in during Camus' birthday. Never have I felt a deeper sense of shame.

*gasp*

This was actually the first time that I did all the birthday tasks, since the collection event let's you play any song.
I did one pull on his birthday step-up, but only got dupes. At least Ice Wing Camus is now level 45.
(I miss the SR ONLY song battle events, seeing cards I never use pop up in the auto team selection is my jam.)

Camus' birthday was also great because I got the last copy of monochrome AI needed to level him to max - I now have finally maxed out all the Rares!
I threw out all Rares and already expanded my inventory 3 times, but there's never enough room. I don't want to part with maxed out SRs because of the Song Battle event. :L

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Yeah, it's gotten to the point where I dump R cards after maxing them out. The game's drowning in SRs and boosting your inventory space is pricey (10 prisms for five slots?! Bleh!). Plus there really isn't any use for Rs gameplay-wise once you start amassing an army of URs and SRs.

By the way, when was the last time the story mode got updated? Feels like it's been a while.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Hard to believe a year's already passed since I started playing. I woke up to find a rather thirsty message from Ranmaru: "Seems we've been together for a year. That's not long enough for me, though."

Uhuhu.

Also, look who finally decided to give me a UR after all this time:

9rgF4mS.jpg

IT ONLY TOOK A YEAR, AI.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I spent a night grinding out the Collection event, just to place at rank 800. Never again.

I was also very disappointed that all we got for the global anniversary was a stupid rate up banner (not even discounted or anything), but I guess I can't be mad any longer.

8y9q66U.jpg

Prince Natsuki still playing hard to get though. :L
Since he won't be in the first half of the new Valentine's banner, maybe I can save up for one last pull on the prince banner before it goes away (for another 2 months or so).

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
THAT.
BLUSHING.
TOKIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Most of the new Valentine cards are kind of whatever, but that Tokiya UR. Mmmrrghh!

Also, did you see? They added a new feature - if you pull an SR on the new banner, it's guaranteed to be from the new set. I wish they implemented this sooner. There are several banners in the past where I'd get multiple SRs... and none of them would be any of the new photos.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Any SR or just the guaranteed SR from the 11-pull?

This Natsuki event UR is so nice, but I wasted all my LP on the Ren Collection event (need more yellow +1 URs).
I think he's considering a divorce.

screenshot_20190131-2jtkxx.jpg

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Any SR or just the guaranteed SR from the 11-pull?

This Natsuki event UR is so nice, but I wasted all my LP on the Ren Collection event (need more yellow +1 URs).
I think he's considering a divorce.

screenshot_20190131-2jtkxx.jpg

1 - Just the guaranteed from the 11-pull.

2 - You need to win Natsuki's love back by either buying a bunch of prisms and trading those for LP to do his event or importing some of his song CDs if you haven't already!

3 - Oh god, I just saw the new event UR/SR photos. Kitsune Natsuki and Tanuki Reiji! Hnnnnnnnnnnnngh! Don't do this to me, Klab.

4 - Oh shit, the UR Valentine pair is Camus! HNNNNNNNGH!!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME, KLAB!!!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
2 - You need to win Natsuki's love back by either buying a bunch of prisms and trading those for LP to do his event or importing some of his song CDs if you haven't already!

I'm wearing his sweater! I'm wearing it!!!
20190202_213422ipjwx.jpg

I may need to buy a second sweater after this event to apologize, lol, I'm doing terrible and just failed another song on Pro. 75 LP down the drain.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I did not realize until backing out of the Valentine's event store that the LP packs in it were automatically used. Oh well I got the other extra items and now have enough presents for each guy.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, same happened to me. I just ended up playing "Lost Alice" and "Non-Fiction" a lot and still consider it a great investment therefore.

Did one 11-pull on the new Valentine's banner and got 1 SR. Was pretty salty until the SR turned into Valentine's Natsuki, who has very cute idolized card art. I have another 400 prisms left now, and no need to pull further. No complaints!

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Now, you may have noticed there's a new Camus banner active. And you may be wondering if I managed to pull that sweet, sweet UR. The answer?

tq7HGak.jpg

Yes.

As an added bonus, I even pulled his Valentine's SR from last year, which I'd been insanely butthurt over not getting this whole time. He's so good to meeeeee!

AW YEAH, BABY, THE COLLECTION KEEPS GROWING:

l6lVsx6.jpg

PS - Nabbed the kitsune Natsuki UR from his last event. I will never remove that outfit from him. NEVER.

PS PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REN!!!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats on getting the angry two-faced boy with the nice hair!

Also, happy birthday, Ren. Sorry I didn't have time to do all your birthday missions...

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I'm kinda bummed Tokiya's the new UR and not that amazing demon Ranmaru.

But I'm sure there are countless Tokiya fans out there who'd disagree with me. Two Toki URs in a month? They must be in heaven.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKAZE!!!

Anyone pull on his birthday banner? I did and managed to get one of those wonderful R-to-UR flips. Got his Prince UR, which is the exact one I wanted.

From zero Ai URs to two in a month. What a time to be alive.

Also, thoughts on the new Easter set? Absolutely love the Masato UR. And something about Easter Bunny Tokiya cracks me up.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Once I got Ai's UR in the exchange shop last night, I threw in the towel for the event versus trying to climb up the ranks.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm back from Japan!
RIP my savings.
20190319_225226ztj8o.jpg

I bought approximately a billion UtaPri blind boxes, help.

Anyone want any of these? For free, just PM me.
(Natsuki, Reiji and Ranmaru I'll probably keep for myself, I also have some extra Masato keychains not in the picture!)
20190319_222518ltjzf.jpg

Last edited:

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Japan?! So that's where you've been hiding! Did you go to any UtaPri events (if there were any, that is)?

That's a pretty good haul of goodies. Hopefully Natsuki is pleased and will bless you by coming home whenever his next banner comes up.

Also a little while ago I decided to take a break from the game. I logged in today to see a Camus event halfway over. Don't think I've ever screamed internally so hard in my life. Hauling ass right now to play catch up and add that UR to my collection.

ALSO ALSO it seems once again Otoya's VA has earned us all some free 11-pulls. No info on when they'll be available just yet. I hope they turn "FREE SHIT COURTESY OF OTOYAN" into an annual thing.

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
The event is quite something!
1AIbh5X.jpg

I had to play catch up a bit as well, since the event started while I was on a plane back home, and I missed around... 20h of it while traveling. Argh.
I will get this Dr Camus, and if it costs me my sanity (jetlag is real, I'm always tired). I can make a full Camus team after this!

Do you want the Camus pins? PM me your address, I'll send them to you - I can't really do much with all these goodies, I really overdid it and am drowning in merch.
I even got this:
jpeOJZU.png

Why yes, it's a Shining Academy school uniform, of course. (Help, I'm broke.)

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
To be fair, I spent more at the Square Enix Café on meh food alone than on UtaPri merch, lol. Pricey, but also dumb!
I got the Cosplay second hand for approx. 15€, I couldn't resist.
Unfortunately, no UtaPri events while I was there - there was an Idolish7 event café at the SEGA arcade near where I lived though. The queue was insane.
There was a new Heavens mini album out, and they are starting to relase new singles from the Starish boys in May (Otoya is first).
The bigger anime idol bands in terms of store presence where clearly Idolish7 and some weird thing called "Division Rap Battle", which seemed to be a Tokyo exclusive thing:
20190316_185946vzkwv.jpg

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
This year's April Fool's joke puts the boys in fruit and vegetable outfits, which will never top the fabulous fake RPG they made last year. :/

Edit: I'll give them props for making a Bananmaru though.

Edit2: Oh dang, the ingame April Fool's event is a collab with Ensemble Stars!! :0

Last edited:

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I think there would've been riot in the streets if Ranmaru wasn't a banana.

Did anyone pull on the new banner yet? I wanted Ranmaru and Cecil but ended up getting Reiji and Tokiya. Oh well...

Also for the last event, I like that Camus' idea of advertising to children is to take advantage of how scary they find him and threaten to murder them if they don't behave.

FjHP2VN.jpg

Also bless Cecil for saying what I was thinking during that whole story:

xfH3PXI.jpg

And finally, the updated UR collection:

Ms5Km4t.jpg

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Gosh I hope Otoya gets an event UR soon. Much easier to guarantee I get that over the shoot URs.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
There's 4 Camus Event URs and only 1(!) Otoya event UR. We're really overdue for one. I guess they want to pile on everything at once with the current banner and his birthday pull?

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Next event's announced and iiiiiiit's... Syo. RIP Otoyan and Ranmaru fans.

As nice as the card is, I don't know if I have it in me to do another setlist event after the last one. Where are the collection events, KLab? Wheeeeeere?

ALSO IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME THEY ADDED ANOTHER R SET. Sheesh! I was starting to think they forgot about R cards and the main story.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Well at least Otoya's birthday is around the corner so I dump prisms into his shoot and hope for the best.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Ranmaru still has 2 event URs while Otoya only has 1, so weird to see people rage for Ran, when poor Otoya is the one that really got shafted.
His JP event URs are so cool too, they should just bring those over. Syo only had 2 as well, so not sure why people expected Ran over him.

Also, I'm saving prisms for pet Natsuki on the next part of the monthly banner, if he comes home quickly, maybe I'll try again for his prince UR on the Shining Banner. *sigh*
I'll definitely do one pull on Otoya's birthday banner too, I still need to max out some of his SRs.