• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
The Tokiya UR isn't as baller as his prince one, but I think the outfit will look really good! (Didn't like how the prince outfit ended up looking weirdly bulky on him.)

Got nothing of interest in the first free pull, and my 2 saved up SR+ tickets also didn't get me anything nice (was saving for the new set to be added, no Winter Wonderland SRs so far though...), the second free pull however gave me:
XHP3qfk.jpg

Natsuki is such a good boy. He couldn't have Syo show up alone it seems. Finally I'm getting somewhere with my "Dream" team now.

I'm glad that the Ranmaru UR is the first part of the Halloween re-run since I'm still pulling from the new banner for the Natsuki SR, but nothing after 3 11-pulls yet (only 3 Otoyas...). Good thing the event is starting on time, so I'll get a fourth and final chance. Please, I need my floaty tea boy. :L

In other news, I started getting REALLY bad at playing the game since starting to also play BanG Dream Girl Band Party. Those games play so differently, my body memory is leaving me for most songs. And I still suck on Pro (in either game).
Also, I am officially giving up on ranking in Top 10%, my sleep is too valuable for me to get up before 7 every two weeks just to push push push for points.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
So I did 5 11-pulls from that Scary Halloween Party banner, or whatever it's called. All I wanted was Natsuki.
After 4 I had all the other SRs and 4 (!) Otoyas.

The last pull - two SRs.
I accept my non-UR fate, hoping for nothing but the Natsuki SR.
Then the first SR - it's a Camus! Was there as Camus SR? Ah no, he was the UR, damn... AND IT FLIPS.
And I get excited! Oh my, it's the UR! It's got to be!

But... well. See for yourself.
44129382_328085367741bgcyy.jpg

GODDAMMIT.

At least I got to max that Otoya. :L

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I am saving my prisms and fighting the temptation to do shoots because after being burned by the prince UR cards badly, I do not want to spend more money on the game this year.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Ah, the good ol "Card flips to UR but it's not the banner UR" trick. Funny that Camus did it to you, because Natsuki is the one that pulled it on me months ago during the Valentine banners.

I'm still kinda salty about it.

I did an 11-pull on Ren's half of the Halloween banner and got three SRs... none from Halloween. Stop giving me Dancing with the Stars SRs, game! Stop it!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Klab, what is you doing? Where is my Natsuki Shining Solo Series event?

Well, I'll take a yellow UR, but VERY GRUMPILY SO.
I'm basically Ranmaru at this point:
DqGc9zIW4AIAeOP.png:large

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
My theory is, that there's some massive Ranmaru whale somewhere.
There's been nonstop Ranmaru stuff, at least once a month, for a while now:

July 4th: "Renegades in Unison" event (Ranmaru SR)
August 10th: "Steal your Heart" event (Ranmaru UR)
August 28th: My Only Prince Stuff (Ranmaru UR)
August 31st: "Idols at the Mall" banner (Ranmaru UR)
September 18th: My Only Prince selected banner with the Ranmaru UR
September 29th: Ranmaru birthday banner (he's the first to get the new improved step banner where you can pull multiple times)
October 8th: Old Halloween banner returns (Ranmaru UR)
October 11th: Music Video banner returns (Ranmaru UR)
October 25th: "Picture-Perfect: Northland Trip" event (Ranmaru SR)

I mean, I know I'm just wearing a Ranmaru wig shaped tin foil helmet at this point, but boy, someone sure likes Ranmaru at Klab.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Could that explain why the game keeps giving me Ranmaru SRs? I've seriously pulled his SR in every banner since White Day. Only reason I didn't get his mall UR is because I didn't pull on that banner, but then the game goes and gives me his prince UR anyway.

Someone's shilling hard for Randy and is trying to convert us all to the Cult of Kurosaki...

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Got just enough points to get the 220k UR card in the event. Now to wait for the score battle to start.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Top 10% get, nice to have a full yellow +1 team now.
It was easier to get to Top 10% this time, thank god for Cecil not being popular.

In sadder news, 4 x 11-pulls and two paid singles, but no Natsuki UR (or any UR for a that matter).
I can save up a 5th pull, and keep puling paid singles for a bit more, but he really needs to come home soon.

I can confirm that Ai and Otoya won't be the opposing UR (Ai is hanging out with Tokiya and Ranmaru at the chemistry lab, Otoya is checking out some sports with Syo) from reading the SR stories. Didn't get Cecil though, but I am betting on him being dragged around by Camus?
This will be a Reiji UR, won't it. :L

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
CAMUS EVENT, LET'S GO BABY!!!

Speaking of which, I regret missing Cecil's event. I ended up forgetting about it for a few days and by the time I remembered, it was a bit too late for me...

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

Amazing artwork.

Reiji and Natsuki were visiting a haunted house exhibit at the school festival for context.
"But Dee Dee," I hear you ask, "but Dee Dee how did you know the UR story?"

Behold the magnificance!
screenshot_20181111-08lcch.jpg

Yes, 1800 prisms made him come home. Good boy squad is assembled.

Not sure if I should pull the Shining Party banner for the minuscule chance to finally get his prince card too...

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Love the new Reiji UR. The photos where the boys look like they're in some form of distress are the best ones.

Also congrats on the pull and on filling up your GOLDEN BOY squad. Is the prince UR the only one you're missing?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm only missing Prince Natsuki and his JP event UR "Toyland Villain" but there was never a chance to get that on global...

Next event has to be Natsuki then, right? Right??
But they also wanted to start a collection event soon, so urgh, the wait is so long... Super Saiyan Natsuki when!?

The current global mission thing seems to not be going too hot. I'm not mad though, people deserve their downtime inbetween events.

PS: This thread is so small, it's still not moved to community/hangouts...

Edit: Nooo, I don't like change, whyy...

(Also, the UR is ugly. u_u)

Last edited:

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
On one hand, I'm happy for something new and exciting for events. On the other hand, I hope this doesn't make events more of a time sink than they already are. I use auto a lot so it takes an eternity to get 220k points.

I like the naughty look on Natsuki's face in the new UR, but the butler one from a few months back did "Saucy Natsuki" (Sautsuki?) way better.

And yeah, this thread's still puny even after all these months! It's up to us four or five weirdos to keep UtaPri alive on this board!

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I got another of Tokiya's Shining Super Star UR in my first of the three free photo shoots.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I pulled 3 free 11-pulls and all I got was pimp Winter Reiji.
screenshot_20181121-1b1e6d.jpg

I'm okay with this.
I also finally got some more of the very few rares I still haven't maxed out. Besides some of the monochrome boys I also still need two more Dressed to Impress Cecils. He's the most elusive!

Edit:
Me, before the event:
Well, at least I won't have to play the same song 50 times now.

Me, during the event:
Setsugetsuka 50 times in a row, let's go!!

Last edited:

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I'm really digging the new event style. Not having to play the same seven songs over and over again makes grinding for the event UR less of a draaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Though I'm playing less for the Natsuki and more for prisms. 1200 prisms and Sweets Cafe Camus is nowhere to be seen. :[ Gotta keep trying. That's the only UR of his I'm missing!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm really digging the new event style. Not having to play the same seven songs over and over again makes grinding for the event UR less of a draaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Though I'm playing less for the Natsuki and more for prisms. 1200 prisms and Sweets Cafe Camus is nowhere to be seen. :[ Gotta keep trying. That's the only UR of his I'm missing!

Good luck to you! If all else fails the banner should be up long enough to also grind the next event for prisms too. Sending good gacha vibes!

I'm curious how the new ranking will pan out. 750 - 1500 is such a freaking huge bracket in comparison to all the others. This will be a deep pit to climb out of. :L
I'm currently grinding all songs on "Easy" for the prisms, because why not. Not sure I can get enough points for the event song ticket before the daily quests reset in 5.5h...
I also spent all my flower badges on the event story before realizing that I can get 2000 badges for playing the event song once a day, and I should try to do that asap.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Man, despite this being a Natsuki event, I'm very burned out on UtaPri. There's only so many times I can play Setsugetsuka before it also gets boring.

Maybe it's also the low effort event story. Is it just me, or did all those chapters get WAAAYYY shorter in comparison to other events? Like some are not much more then: "Hey Syo, I trust you with this event." - "Thanks, Natsuki my buddy, who I know very well." - "I am looking forward to working with you." - "Let's rock it!" - CHAPTER END
It definitely doesn't help that I don't like the UR as well.

NfNeLxH.jpg

What are those finger nails. Eww.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Yeeeaaah... the event stories (and stories in general, really) have always come across as kinda half-assed, but they've gotten super dull lately. They really need to step up their game if they want to keep people interested in Shining Live. Revamping the events (and the birthdays earlier this year) is a good start...

Unrelated note: Managed another pull on Sweets Cafe, still no luck. Popsicle Baron's never let me down before, so he'll show up before the banner ends!

UPDATE: AAAAAAAAAGH, COME ON. Got both the Shining Live Otoya and Shining Super Stars Syo URs from the Sweets Cafe banner. Time to keep grinding for more prisms...

UPDATE 2: Got an R-to-UR flip for Camus... and it was his Shining Live UR. On the plus side, I'm pulling a lot of URs all of a sudden! Just not the one I'm afteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
It's beautiful! Sugar Daddy has some nice URs.
I kept his sunset event one on the pre-idolized version though, it's the only UR I run like that. Angry Camus is too funny to me not to. I wish he was yellow, so he could compliment psycho killer Camus from the Mobster event.

I got the Natsuki UR from the collection event. I wasted loads of stamina on playing easy songs, because I thought I could use the opportunity to farm some prisms.
Yeaah, don't do that in this event.
I'm going to tier below rank 2000, but that's okay. I don't feel like grinding UtaPri songs anymore.

I do however have 1.300+ prisms now, since I didn't pull anything after School Festival Natsuki came home. Hoping for nice Christmas banners!!

Oct 25, 2017
Have I mentioned that the game hates me. I got multiple copies of several of the new christmas banner + Syo UR...but as usual Otoya as an SR escapes me. like :( :( :(
DtP-dniU8AAVpJu.jpg

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Well, he's cute at least?

I tried pulling on the Boys in the Rain banner so many times to get the SR Natsuki. I had 2 (!) copies of the Syo UR before I got him. :L

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I have two Ai URs (also the least amount of URs for any of the boys) but looking at this dude, I wonder if somewhere out there non-blue element URs of him do exist...
Bit of a dick move to make his second event UR blue element as well.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats!

I have 2100+ prisms saved up to try for the Natsuki SR in the second part of the banner. I hope I don't have to spend them all, because I hope they bring back last year's new year's banner too with everyone in Yukata. So nice.

I did horribly in the event, I just about managed to get the UR from the rewards by points 5min before the event ended. Phew. Spent 10 prisms for stamina too.
It was a bit of an experiment, I only played songs on Pro on Auto. I missed some stamina being maxed, but overall I might keep up this low effort eventing for now, tiering has become pretty tough for me. Now that Smash is out, I can't really be bothered to check my phone games much, haha.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I also did 2 pulls, got Ren, Masato and Natsuki! Glad he come this time, this leaves me with some prisms for the inevitable New Year's blow out soon.

Why is the next event Reiji blue as well, just like the first event Reiji and his Clown UR. What's wrong with yellow cards, Klab?