• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
The game really hates me, like. why
DlCzUFeX4AAMbfu.jpg

Sorry DTL, you're a Ranmaru fan now.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! WOOOO!!!

Man, Shining Live's big bonanza makes me realize just how completely and utterly shit Fate/Grand Order's NA anniversary was in comparison.

Anyone get any good pulls so far? I got a UR but it was Summertime Ren, who I already had.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Only SRs here as well so far in 3 free pulls, most of them dupes. But one of the new ones I got was Halloween Natsuki, so yay. I also nearly bought every wallpaper for silver coins now. Bad news is, I'm running out of space in the photo album.
If you throw out a rare photo, do you get to keep the costume and story you unlocked for it, or will I need to unlock them again if I get it again?

Also: I'm really argueing with myself whether it's worth it buying prisms to ensure I get to step 6 on the step banner. This will make or break me here. Is the guaranteed UR even from the set or could it be any UR?

And, what are the chances of the server hitting the 200.000 plays goal for the special songs with the event running at the same time? :L

Oct 25, 2017
okay got 1 UR Syo Shining Kingdom dupe.

Also just realized there were 1st anniversary 11 shoot step up had a free photo shoot, ugh, was it free daily or just the 1st time?

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
okay got 1 UR Syo Shining Kingdom dupe.

Also just realized there were 1st anniversary 11 shoot step up had a free photo shoot, ugh, was it free daily or just the 1st time?

First step is free. The single-shot version is also free on the first step while you're at it.

Is the third step on the anniversary banner really 11 guaranteed SR+ by the way, or did someone typo hard?

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Nah, the Step 3 thing isn't a typo. I'm drowning in SRs!

So far the free pulls have treated me well. Got a UR all three times, though two of them were duplicates.

Debating whether or not to put down more money on prisms. I'm at Step 5 for the 11-pull banner...

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
No URs at all for me yet. And I even spent money.
I got Natsuki's Sweet Café SR as well though, so I nearly have all his standard photos except for his monochrome rare which is the only rare photo I'm still missing out of all of them.

Not sure if I should keep pulling the step banner (on step 4), wait for the Prince banner with Natsuki in focus, or save prisms for the second part of the upcoming "mall" photo shoot, that will likely also have a Natsuki UR.

Good side is I see a lot of new stories from the SRs:
screenshot_2018-08-293vi03.png

First of all, Camus' stories and every story he touches are amazing.
Second, poor Tokiya is not even eating shaved ice for fear of calories and no one talks about it. u_u

Dat event story too...
screenshot_2018-08-291le24.png

Natsuki pls.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Complaining on the internet: It just works!
screenshot_2018-08-30cwduk.png

I still really want a prince though...

Also, mall photo shoot seems to be food stalls only? I would have bet money that Natsuki will work in a pet shop. Food stalls though - may god have mercy on us.

Edit: Got another Shining Super Stars Ranmaru from the last free pull. 4 UR is not half bad, even with 3 of them being dupes (or 2, don't know how to count getting a new Masato UR... twice.).

However I now have maxed out my photo inventory.
I gather I could just throw out some rares, and stuff will stay unlocked? For now, I'm holding on to everything in my inbox, can someone confirm? Can I still re-read stories, see the posters, use the costumes?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Complaining on the internet: It just works!
screenshot_2018-08-30cwduk.png

I still really want a prince though...

Also, mall photo shoot seems to be food stalls only? I would have bet money that Natsuki will work in a pet shop. Food stalls though - may god have mercy on us.

Edit: Got another Shining Super Stars Ranmaru from the last free pull. 4 UR is not half bad, even with 3 of them being dupes (or 2, don't know how to count getting a new Masato UR... twice.).

However I now have maxed out my photo inventory.
I gather I could just throw out some rares, and stuff will stay unlocked? For now, I'm holding on to everything in my inbox, can someone confirm? Can I still re-read stories, see the posters, use the costumes?
I throw out all Rs and some SRs I dont care for, you can still view the stories and unlock moments even when you trash these.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I haven't thrown out any photos just yet. I coughed up a few prisms to expand my inventory, but 10 prisms for five slots isn't a very good deal.

Also I just now noticed they finally added a text box to Portrait Mode.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Guys, looks like I'm a Ranmaru fan as well now!

ASERjG5.png

Those cards are very pretty. I'm still not sure if they plan to add them to the standard pool, or if the anniversary banner is a one off for them? That would be such a waste - also, I like these cards, but have no prisms. I really hope they get added - especially to the birthday pull pools, man, after all those free pulls I'm only missing a dozen or so of the standard cards in total, and most of them are of course the URs. They really need to shake up birthday pulls - Ranmaru is up next at the end of this month!

Of note: Ranmaru just bickers with Reiji in his prince story. Okay, okay, Klab, if you REALLY WANT me to ship them, I'll comply.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Ranmaru's great. I went into Shining Live not caring much about him at all (he was my least fave member of Quartet Night while watching the anime), but the game's done a lot to turn me around on him. I mean, a rocker who loves to eat meat and bananas, is a friend to all kitties, and a constant troll to Camus? What's not to like?

Also hope the anniversary URs get added to the regular banner and don't disappear once the celebration ends.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Prince banners for Otoya, Masato, and Natsuki are up. There is a 50% chance an UR from each of the banners will be that guy's prince card. The Shining Kingdom photo shoot has also been added.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Did one 11 pull on the prince Natsuki banner, got 5 SRs (wot), but no UR. Trying to save for maybe one more pull, but there's also a Mall photo shoot with a Natsuki UR coming up.

I got a SR ticket as my monthly log in reward from the wheel of fortune at the end for the first time!
Unfortunately, I'm rarely missing any standard SRs after these weeks of free pulls, haha. Maybe I'll keep it until they add more series.

Which boy are you all going to pick for the "choose your boy SR ticket" from the anniversary login rewards by the way? I have all of Natsuki's SRs, so I'm thinking of picking Otoya, since I still miss his Dancing with the Stars and Sweets Café SRs. For the rest I mostly miss the URs.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Which boy... which boy... Probably Ren, Reiji, Cecil, or Ai. I have basically all of the currently obtainable SRs for the other boys. Most likely gonna go for Reiji since he's the one I have the fewest SRs of.

Why don't you like me, Kotobuking?!

Also looking through the card lists, I wonder if one of the upcoming photo shoots is going to have Camus as the UR? Right now only Natsuki and Camus are at seven URs, while everyone else is either eight or nine. But with Natsuki as the supposed UR pair for the mall photoshoot, that'll leave Popsicle Baron as the odd one out.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Uta no Prince-sama? More like Update no Prince-sama. I swear this game updates almost every time I log in.

Looking at the rankings, the top scores aren't as insanely high as I thought they'd be. I was expecting 5 million+ at this point. But 3 million's still pretty extreme... I'm only sitting around 50,000 points. I'm just playing enough to get the event story chapters for their prisms...

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm at 230k, but I have no more LP stored up, and I need all my prisms to throw at the Ice Cream Natsuki banner. Please come home.
Let's see where I end up, I could use the extra 50 prisms for staying in the Top 10% over the Top 15% of course, but spending prisms to get there might be counter productive.

It's a hard time to be Natsuki fan, the amusement park banner with his UR is next up as well.

The Shining Solo series will probably not be the next event, right? Should be another Quartet Night thing, and probably a Camus UR at that.
After that, there's only two more pairings we can logically see unless they swindle someone out of an event card:
UR Natsuki - SR Syo
UR Syo - SR Masato

I swear Masato will let Syo perform something in a Yukata. Maybe some traditional temple dance?
And Natsuki could be coerced into some Masked Rider stuff by Syo. Please, please!

Anyway, no Prince Natsuki, no Ice Cream Natsuki, I'm crying.

PS: Prince Reiji is such a gorgeous card, my god. Please add them to the standard pool already, Klab!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Where did you all end up in the ranking?

I got to 10% with a last minute push, and the prisms got me THIS:
wJFdJWa.jpg

Who's a good boy? Natsuki is a good boy! The best boy!

Now not sure whether to save prisms for the last prince banner (Prince Natsuki, pls), speculate that they'll add them to the standard pool anyway, pull the cheap collaboration banner that I never did, or ... go all in for Prince Reiji. :|

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Where did you all end up in the ranking?

I got to 10% with a last minute push, and the prisms got me THIS:
wJFdJWa.jpg

Who's a good boy? Natsuki is a good boy! The best boy!

Now not sure whether to save prisms for the last prince banner (Prince Natsuki, pls), speculate that they'll add them to the standard pool anyway, pull the cheap collaboration banner that I never did, or ... go all in for Prince Reiji. :|

Congrats on pulling Natsuki.

My rank was pretty low since I only made it up to 70k. I'm somewhat tempted to start pulling on Prince Reiji's banner as well since the art for that card's so good.

Or maybe I should pull for Ai's since he's the only idol I still don't have a single UR for...

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Not really feeling the designs of the new TGS set, so I'm not going to pull on the banner. Tokiya and Natsuki's descriptions are pretty funny though.

Tokiya - Otoya and Kotobuki have taught me so much about this game, but they get a little too passionate about it. It worries me.

Natsuki - After being trapped in this game, I've learned to talk with spirits. We're best friends now.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Oh wow, looks like they revamped the birthdays. Three pull step-up banner for the birthday boy that includes cards from sets that haven't been available for a while (Valentine's, White Day, etc)! And there are special missions and songs. Nice, nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, looks like they revamped the birthdays. Three pull step-up banner for the birthday boy that includes cards from sets that haven't been available for a while (Valentine's, White Day, etc)! And there are special missions and songs. Nice, nice.
Yeah, though the game keeps including more and more stuff that seems like you need to keep a minimum of 3 11 shoots worth of prisms on you

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, though the game keeps including more and more stuff that seems like you need to keep a minimum of 3 11 shoots worth of prisms on you
Since it's a step banner you'd only need to save up 700 prisms though. It's only once a month (except for the Syo/Natsuki double whammy), you can save up for your best boy... if you only want to do one pull like before, it's cheaper even. I think it's pretty rad. Especially bringing back missed sets that way.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats on getting Camus!

I only did one pull, no Natsuki, but got last year's Halloween Tokiya - the only one I was still missing from that set -, Syo and two Otoyas! I think I jinxed myself, looking at the set I said "Aww, that's a cute Otoya card".

So is Tokiya the second UR then?
screenshot_20180930-1kvcdx.jpg

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I blew all my prisms on the last photoshoot trying to get Otoya so I will probably sit this shoot out too.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'll do one more 10 pull to see if I can get the Natsuki SR. The outfits are nice, and I should have enough prisms as soon as the event ends.
The event isn't super competitive it seems? Doing my normal pace, missed some stamina running out, had less LP since the ad bonus was borked for me for a day... basically coasting to Top 10% so far. Hm.

Also, 4 free pulls coming up soon anyway, I'm blowing prisms out now, since I won't have to pull on the second Halloween banner.
People on Twitter say it's Ren by the way, not Tokiya. I guess Otoya is just traumatized. (He talks about Tokiya A LOT in this card. Similarly, Tokiya talks about Otoya A LOT in his old Halloween SR too. Come on, Klab.)

What will kill me is, however, if they put up the old Halloween banner once the Amusement Park one runs out. I love that Reiji UR. u_u

Also still have 2 SR+ tickets saved up, waiting for Klab to add Prince URs or another old SR set... Winter Wonderland when?

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Next event is Tokiya. Not really liking this UR as much as his previous two (Shining Solo and that absolutely amazing rain one). That being said...

OH MAN THAT CAMUS SR DAMN IT HE LOOKS SO GOOD WITH GLASSES I NEED IT

So yeah, gonna participate in the event just enough to get the SR.

As far as the free 11-pull goes, I got jack squat in the first pull. Here's hoping the next one's better.