• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Hope I can get the Otoya card in four pulls or less. It is such a nice summer themed card.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I'm going to be disappointed if one of the guys isn't rocking a Super Soaker Hydro Cannon.

Gonna be doubly disappointed if it's not Natsuki.

Gonna be triple disappointed if he's not dual-wielding cannons.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Word on the street is the second half UR is going to be Masato. I wonder if I'll be able to get him... Haven't had much luck lately with URs. Also, I like how Tokiya's the only one in the set too cool to wear a sailor boy uniform.

On an unrelated note, Popsicle Baron's finally starting to show his softer side:

focuMih.jpg

Only took 65+ levels!

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
pUXT1pd.png

so many photo shoots going on

wVTh45C.png

Did 1 pull in the Quartet Night Shoot, it could have been Shining Super Star or Halloween T_T

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Got myself in the 5% tier so hopefully I do not drop into the 15% within an hour of the event like the last two times.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I lived far off civilization (= stable WiFi) for a week, just came back. I managed to stay in Top 15%, don't think I can make Top 10% this time, which is a shame about the extra 50 prisms and the nice Reiji UR.
The special UR shoots look nice, and I'm happy they added Sweet Café stuff, but I have no prisms, so, eh, yeah.
Managed to get Natsuki with the water pistols, as well as Tokiya and Ren. No Ai this time, but I guess I'll have to live with that, since I'd rather pull the Quartet Night UR banner for now.

Blue Team includes Camus on the next banner (and the Masato UR), and they only talk about going up against the red team so is Ai the referee for the water pistol fight with his black ribbon??

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Fellow top 5% here! Though I'm eyeing that top 3-4% for the stronger Reiji and Ranmaru. Having 3 mics for Reiji makes me want to go for it even more D:

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Damn it, I forgot Masato was the UR for the next half of the water gun set. I blew all my prisms hoping to pull that Sweets Cafe Camus.

As far as the event goes, I'm rotting away in the Top 40%. Didn't put much effort in this time.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
The next Score Battle has been announced for tomorrow with an SS Rank added, please no. At least we aren't limited to SRs this time.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
As a German, I will never get over the fact that "SS rank" is such a casual thing in Asian mobile games.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the points gap is like the A->S gap because the B->A gap is so large.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Finished one more song JUST before the event ended.
That was some close fvcking bullshit.

screenshot_2018-07-11q2jkq.png

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I was right on the border of 5/10% and ended up buying some LP to rank back up. I got to the border of 4/5% and bought more LP just because I was so close.

Played another set because I was scared of losing the 4% and ended up overshooting it by 20k pts!

FSZGRQi.jpg

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Bad gacha pulls :(
Did another multi on the Quartet Night banner and got 1 SR, everything was a dupe too

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I am committed to pulling the Quartet Night banner as well, best bet for the Halloween and Sweet Café URs so far.
I only got SRs in two pulls, but all of them ones I didn't have. I got Yakisoba (Beach Show) Reiji for his birthday too.
I'll skip the Marine Festival and Beach Show banner anyway, so all I need now is the event to start before the banner disappears... I can see their calculation in lining up the event and banner ending, meaning you can't rely on those prisms from ranking. :L

EDIT: THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING.
m5j0PPo.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the motivation to actually play the game again instead of just daily log ins.

Good set list for the event. I just decided to do the non boosted run through of all of the songs on Hard, so now I can just auto Hard while at work and play for reals at night.

After what happened last time with my draws. Im just going to amass as many crystals as possible and ONLY focus on getting Otoyas and Syos, sorry everyone else. BUt Im mad I didnt get Pistot Otoya. Prayers that he is added to the permanent pool someday.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
yzWS4K1.png

First time getting All Perfect on Pro!
The last song in the event is really difficult and I have 3 Perfect Lockers for that

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
This event is crazy. I'm firmly stuck in the Top 20% with the amount of points that usually place me in the upper half of the Top 15%. Weekly quests reset today, so everyone gets more stamina too. Ouf.

Also, the story is basically a weird Natsuki x Tokiya fanfic, haha, what the hell?

In good news, the Quartet Night banner has been kind to me.
screenshot_2018-07-2022dlr.png

I also got his Sweets Cafe photo. He says Ai and Camus are on a "panel" on sweets? What? It's easy to imagine Mr Sweettooth give an educational talk on sugar, but what is the robot doing there?
I was also elated to see how they would explain Camus dressing up as a Warlock for Halloween, but of course he was baited:
screenshot_2018-07-10x7cdo.png

Here he is, celebrating Reiji's birthday in his new favourite outfit:
screenshot_2018-07-13y8cf8.png

Oct 25, 2017
Odd or I never realized it, but just playing on regular refill, one can get 90K points for the SR, at least thats my performance so far.

I still have over 260 LP things in my presents list oops.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I got up to 110k before I started using my LP.

The Shining Live reddit discord has datamined the next event (D:) and gacha pair so if you'd like to know please join their discord.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Next event has to be Syo, right? I mean, we still need one remaining event on this weird "show another side of you" Starish Stage Show that gave us *gasp* Royal Tokiya?
I was expecting the Natsuki event to be from that direction anyway.

If this is another Quartet Night event, holy moly... Bring on my 5th Camus UR, I guess.

By the way, what is it with recent event URs and the boys being cold blooded killers. Moriarty-Ren with the cane knife, shootybang Camus and "I still gotz it" Ranmaru. And now Natsuki - honestly though, I'm not sure what his UR story is supposed to be. Is he just killing an actual house mouse with a poker card? Jeez. Is it supposed to be ambitious? What is this weird ass event story...
Not to say that I have any idea what that Reiji event story was supposed to be about. He's like, a former school rowdy that formed a gang to take control of the school, but then things went out of hand, so he opened a café. And now Camille/us is this secret agent spy teacher sent to destroy the school from the inside, so he instigates a gang war and Ranmaru nearly brings a knife to a gun fight at the docks... and then you get a nice college jacket outfit and Reiji flirting with Ran as a reward. Huh?

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I like the trend of turning the UtaPri boys into cold-blooded murderers. I mean, Camus is kind of already a dangerous person so it only makes sense.

I hope if they add more changes to the game in the future, they make one of the priorities beefing up the stories. The event stories especially are too short and disjointed to really be enjoyable, at least for me. I only bother going through them for the freebie prisms.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Information on the new update scheduled after the event today from KLab Games Station
HOzHCsS.png

Get LP from Present Box and Repair Data are game changers!

Oct 25, 2017
Score battle with SR onlys is fun, its great going in with like all my otoya's

Also the 150 prism photo shoot is tempting, if only it wasnt shining live photos only.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I did all three of the 150 shoots and was able to get one of my Camus URs to rank two.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
At least they have the Sweet Café and Halloween sets as well in the cheap pulls! That's what I don't like about the double UR banners, most SRs from those are dupes for me...

I'm broke anyway, threw all my prisms at the Yukata banner, and Takoyaki-Ren is all I have to show for. (Come on Natsuki, come hommmeeee...).
If the event starts on time, I'll try to get the cheap pulls in too, might as well!

I wish I knew a Karaoke place that plays UtaPri, dang. We only have loads of Korean places where I live.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Had to delete 2 other Otome of my phone for this!
The end is near (by which I mean the end of my space on the phone...). I really hope "Repair Data" has any effect, I'll try it this weekend.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Anniversary celebrations coming for my prisms!
I really like this Odorokiman banner thing with everyone as angels, but also double UR rates, also Yukata banner, also cheap pull banner... hjelp. At least Tokiya's birthday is soon for some free prisms...

The little changes to the UI are weird, did the font size go smaller in the confirmation windows?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
This new event is amazing.
I can't stop taking screenshots.
5Ipki4f.png

When did this happen?? What?

And this !!!!

BPdG84v.png

Poor Tokiya and Ran getting roped into this, lol.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Fell out of the top 10% within the last hour. I did wake up and do the paid Odorokiman shoot and got the Otoya UR, so that lessened the sting of being in the 15% range.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I just wanted Angel Natsuki...
screenshot_2018-08-17p8icx.png

(Also, how do I take screenshots on a phone again, ahh, goddammit volume button...)

Anyway, seems like Absolute Luna is gracing a lot of us?
The god news is, it's an absolute perfect Miyano doing his best Hyuouin Kyouma:

screenshot_2018-08-17uzf49.png