• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Idk if it's bc of the holiday but USPS slighted me by saying the left a note and attempted a delivery but they did neither.

Smfh. If y'all can't deliver a single package on a Saturday, good luck getting the mail-in votes done properly.

pissed. Vent Thread.

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
Idk if it's bc of the holiday but USPS slighted me by saying the left a note and attempted a delivery but they did neither.

Smfh. If y'all can't deliver a single package on a Saturday, good luck getting the mail-in votes done properly.

pissed. Vent Thread.
I'd say chill normally, but nah. This shit has happened to me far too often. Also pisses me off that these fuckers arrive at my house at around 7:30pm EST. wtf?

Oct 25, 2017
I sold an Xbox One on eBay. They totally broke the shit out of it so I had to give the buyer a full refund. I'm with you. Fuck the usps right now.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Unless the package is literally a serum to save your own existence within the next 30 minutes then I think you'll be fine.

I sold an Xbox One on eBay. They totally broke the shit out of it so I had to give the buyer a full refund. I'm with you. Fuck the usps right now.

If packaged properly, they don't break. Those 3080 cards? Yeah, there's zero chance they aren't be thrown around at their facilities. Same with laptops and other stuff. Package stuff to endure these things or else they'll break.

Beanman25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's all so bad here (In St. Louis). USPS will go like 3-4 days in a row without delivering any mail to us.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017

pissed. Vent Thread.

Fun fact: USPS processes and delivers 472.1 million pieces of mail per day!

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless the package is literally a serum to save your own existence within the next 30 minutes then I think you'll be fine.
Can you not even read
It's one thing to be late, another to lie about making a delivery

Got the same issue with french post. "we rang but you didn't answer, here's a paper to come pick up your shit". Motherfucker I was WFH all day you're not fooling me.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I don't think that Dejoy is fucking with the USPS, but I just got a message from Canada Post.

Because of the increase online shopping and employee safety they are delaying all delivery standards by one day.
And we usually never get mail on weekends.

QYqyyWX.png

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I just got done doing deliveries today on my day off. I spent 9 hours running all around the entire city, giving up basically my entire weekend to make sure a bunch of people got their random shit from Target.

You're welcome.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017

pissed. Vent Thread.

have you not been paying attention or something?

OP
OP

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I just got done doing deliveries today on my day off. I spent 9 hours running all around the entire city, giving up basically my entire weekend to make sure a bunch of people got their random shit from Target.

You're welcome.

Bruv you totally missed my place! Sigh, look I get it, but when it's a blatant lie, that's insulting.

It wasn't even finessed, whoever input the info didn't even care.

Edit: to the poster above me, yeah I'm acutely aware, not condoning what is most likely gross carelessness or negligence and lying.

Malakym

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2019
What the actual fuck is this thread. Are y'all privileged clowns really gonna bitch about the job we do right now with how things have been going? FOH with this garbage.

Stopmotionkai

Oct 26, 2017
I ordered some keychains before and usps was to deliver them but I never received them even though the claimed it delivered. I ordered at least a hundred things and only 1 going missing isn't too bad to me considering how many they have to deliver.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Can you not even read
It's one thing to be late, another to lie about making a delivery

Got the same issue with french post. "we rang but you didn't answer, here's a paper to come pick up your shit". Motherfucker I was WFH all day you're not fooling me.
Maybe the letter just fell somewhere? It's those tiny little cards aren't they? Probably just tossed it at the door or near it and it blew away. You really think they're going to really care when they got an entire day of deliveries to fulfill? Like, they're not going to really sit around for you either. They'll probably knock once, leave within 5 seconds because again they have a long day of deliveries.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Bruv you totally missed my place! Sigh, look I get it, but when it's a blatant lie, that's insulting.

It wasn't even finessed, whoever input the info didn't even care.

Edit: to the poster above me, yeah I'm acutely aware, not condoning what is most likely gross carelessness or negligence and lying.
Gross carelessness, negligence, and lying? It's a package. Like, they went to your place, knocked, and left ASAP because they got other things to deliver. Considering covid, there's way, way, way, way more shit they got to deliver. They don't got time to wait for you to put on some pants and open the door.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I've watched USPS drop an attempted delivery note in my mailbox without ever getting out of the truck numerous times over the years. Unfortunately it isn't anything new or even recent.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I know the vendor I work for, we do most of our stuff through Fedex but the work we do through USPS we've had to switch over to FedEx Ground because too much is just lost in transit or stuck in big hubs like Chicago and Indianapolis right now. Personally I am going to vote in person and in my personal use I'm sticking to FedEx and other couriers this christmas. It's not their fault, blame Trump and the republicans for refusing to fund an essential service.

OP
OP

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Gross carelessness, negligence, and lying? It's a package. Like, they went to your place, knocked, and left ASAP because they got other things to deliver. Considering covid, there's way, way, way, way more shit they got to deliver. They don't got time to wait for you to put on some pants and open the door.

had the ring camera on, and no one showed up at the designated Time of attempt.

A mess. I expect it to get worse in the coming months.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I guess, but they're also being beaten up from inside right now. I'm finding myself, like a lot of Americans using the post office a lot more nowadays. I'm selling more and more stuff lately and despite how awful it seems the service is running, so far none of my packages have missed delivery and nothing coming in damaged. Maybe I'm lucky *knock on wood*, but I think they've been operating pretty damn good despite the bullshit going on.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I had a very expensive art print shipped. I mean super valuable to me and saved up for it. The day it came I saw the delivery email about 5 hours later. I go to my apartment locker, put in code opens and nothing inside. USPS said delivered in locker. They sometimes just leave stuff on top of lockers. I panicked and called locker company. They remote opened every single locker in hopes it got mixed up. They told me it's a USPS issue. Call them and they say they will make a claim but not much they can do....so I just said fuck it and figured I'd take the loss. 1.5 weeks later it shows up in my locker. I was happy but pissed at all the stress. Not sure why delivery guy put it was delivered when it wasn't?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yesterday our mail carrier had to drive all the way back from downtown because he forgot a package of ours in the back of the van.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
had the ring camera on, and no one showed up at the designated Time of attempt.

A mess. I expect it to get worse in the coming months.
Check the entire day. Maybe they made all their updates at a later date cause they're busy or it was a mistake and the wrong item was marked as out for delivery or something. I take it you make zero mistakes at your work or even try to cut corners at all?

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Check the entire day. Maybe they made all their updates at a later date cause they're busy or it was a mistake and the wrong item was marked as out for delivery or something. I take it you make zero mistakes at your work or even try to cut corners at all?
What a strange post.

"they" (USPS smartasses) fuck up all the time.

Sure, they're the best federal agency we've got. Thats not saying much these days.

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
Not that I don't think that Dejoy is fucking with the USPS, but I just got a message from Canada Post.

Because of the increase online shopping and employee safety they are delaying all delivery standards by one day.
And we usually never get mail on weekends.

QYqyyWX.png
Yeah, we have staggered start times, so sometimes some parcels haven't been put up by the time we leave.

And at least for us at Canada Post, we're only really giving the delivery notice cards for items that need age verification (weed, booze) and customs fees, as they'd both involve contact. Anything else can be safe dropped, even items that say "do not safe drop."

OP
OP

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

It's a good point. And sure, it's possible. Frustrating business. I do realize how privileged I sound, thing is, UPS pulled this on me from time to time and they're just far from professional, so I expect the worst.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I know the vendor I work for, we do most of our stuff through Fedex but the work we do through USPS we've had to switch over to FedEx Ground because too much is just lost in transit or stuck in big hubs like Chicago and Indianapolis right now. Personally I am going to vote in person and in my personal use I'm sticking to FedEx and other couriers this christmas. It's not their fault, blame Trump and the republicans for refusing to fund an essential service.
My favorite thing about FedEx is how there's apparently a singularity in City of Industry, CA. I'll have parcels get caught within the event horizon there and spend days before they finally escape and make the last few miles to their destination.

I watched one ship from Redlands to Chino to Anaheim (and sit) to City of Industry (and sit) to Covina (and sit) to its destination, which was no more than 10 miles from any of those places.

USPS have been champs for me all year, though *knock on wood*

PonyStation

Banned
May 24, 2019
It's a good point. And sure, it's possible. Frustrating business. I do realize how privileged I sound, thing is, UPS pulled this on me from time to time and they're just far from professional, so I expect the worst.

It's more likely they attempted at the wrong address. From what I've been told, they throw people on routes when the regular driver is on vacation/sick and those drivers just deliver to where the GPS says without even knowing where they are.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
One of my packages was marked delivered last Wednesday, never showed up. Wasn't insured or anything so I was just out $25

Malakym

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2019
Question for you, though: have you really never had a colleague who said, "Yeah, fuck that last parcel, I'm going home." Before?
No because we have a fucking job to do and we are all also customers of that job. Maybe at other jobs I've had but not this one.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
If I go out with a package, it absolutely must be attempted unless it's Christmas time and there's a straight up blizzard. If I just said no and didn't attempt it, that would be grounds for an immediate warning letter or termination. This being the Fed and not USPS though. Not once in 10 years have I ever had a day where I could be lazy or stop for even a minute. It is nonstop until the end of the day and right now, more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.