• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Using Honey with your Nuggets (McNuggets)

• Yes

Votes: 220 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 108 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
My boyfriend dipped his chicken nugget in some honey the other day.

To put it simply I was shocked, appalled even.

Then I tasted it, and I thought it was okay, it just needed some mustard to go with it.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if this was some early 90s thing that McDs pushed but when I was little I always got honey with my chicken nugs.

Oct 26, 2017
Honey goes great with chicken. But if you're getting McNuggets specifically, MickeyD's Sweet and Sour is basically the best thing in the universe (and ask for extra so you can dip your fries too).

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
It's my favorite sauce. Hot Mustard I enjoy for a couple bites then I'm done. A huge part of my love for honey is definitely from my childhood.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Nope but I'm addicted to honey mixed with Huy Fong chili sauce on ribs chicken pork chops.. Anything. Sweet and heat 🙂

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to do this when I was a kid. I haven't had chicken mcnuggets since I was probably 12 though and developed a sense of taste.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
It's mind blowing that McD used to offer just straight honey as a dipping sauce. Absolutely delishious on McNuggets though. Wish they still had it.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Pretty sure they used to do this at McDonalds till it became a health risk for kids, shit ripped.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I exclusively dipped in honey as a kid. Gradually, I transitioned to honey mustard, and now finally hot mustard, the king of McDonald's sauces.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Honey works well with heat or sour notes. On its own it would be too sweet for me use as a dipping sauce.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
Is it my go to? No. I prefer honey mustard or hot sauce

Is it tasty? Yes. I did it when I was a kid and still go back from time to time.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
"I don't understand"

maybe try it?

"why not use honey mustard?""

because honey and honey mustard are nothing alike? That's like "Why do people drink Coke with food when they can drink milk"

"You need something to cut the sweet"

That is *literally* what the salty ass fried chicken is for

Like am I about to blow your mind out your butt by telling you eating fried chicken with waffles and maple syrup is a thing? and that it's fucking heavenly?

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
It's not my favorite way, but I did it all the time growing up. Honey was always included with McNuggets when we went to McDonald's.

CpXQR6vUkAAJcyy.jpg

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm going to show my age but comercials in the 80"s showed them using honey on them. I use to only eat them with the honey packs they had for dipping and still do. You have to ask p

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I'd rather Mayo but Honey/Syrup is acceptable if I want a sweeter taste. As long as it's not ketchup.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I normally shoot for Buffalo sauce ever since they murdered the Habenero Ranch in cold blood however long ago. My sister gets Honey all the time. I've tried it, it's pretty good because like, honey is good. But the honey cup is like 1/4 the size of a standard sauce cup so hopefully you only want honey on about a nugg and a half.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
what's up with americans' fixation with mustard? That shit is only suitable for hotdogs and nothing else!

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
Had some Mcnuggets tonight and used one of my sauces on a Honey Packet.

I tried it, I can see why people like it, but not for me. I ended up adding some of the honey to my hot mustard and made a Hot Honey Mustard which was amazing lol