• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Using Honey with your Nuggets (McNuggets)

• Yes

Votes: 220 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 108 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
have you never put honey on your fried chicken op? same thing
cornflake-fried-chicken-waffles-with-pecans-0318-103284235.jpg

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
When we were kids, my brother always dipped his in honey. I'm more a BBQ sauce guy.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
I've been dipping my mcdonalds nuggs in honey since I was a kid. I love it.
When I was a kid it was the only way I'd eat nuggets. It's actually really good.
Same for me! Its the only way I eat McDonalds nuggets. Used ta do it with fries as well though I grew outta that. So to this day if I order nuggets an get home, open the bag, an see honey mustard or no honey at all, its right back to the store for me >_<

Oct 30, 2017
I dip my nuggets in a whole bunch of sauces, honey is one of them

Spicy BBQ
Regular BBQ
Sweet BBQ
Buffalo Sauce
Buffalo and Ranch mix
Honey
Sweet and Sour

not a fan of mustard or honey mustard but no need to hate on it

Atlas_XIX

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know if they still have the honey packet at McDonald's but that's what I used when I got nuggets there and it was great. I only eat the breakfast now.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honey and fried chicken has always been a good mix in any context - the only problem is the mess.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I didn't know honey was even a option at McDonalds for McNuggets.

Personally I've always used Sweet and Sour. And that's never going to change.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Honey is the secret dipping sauce everyone forgets about.

Try dipping your pizza crust in it.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really understand it, but it's permissible

honey and fried chicken are great together but calling mcnuggets "fried chicken" feels a little too lofty

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
it was one of their OG mcnuggets dips anyway. used to have a little plastic cup for dipping. honey. not honey mustard you chicken finger eating fool, but honey.

especially when they had nuggets made from dark meat, it hit way different.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I continue to do this to this day when I get into the occasional mood for some McNuggets. In fact I literally had that this weekend. Maybe it's largely a nostalgia thing and I wouldn't go dipping actual proper fried chicken in honey in the same way, but the specific combination of McNuggets in McDonald's honey (which is somehow different from typical store-bought honey) just works somehow.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I did it a few times as a kid and loved it but honestly McNuggets don't need any sauce the trashy pink slime turned nuggets are perfect as is.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Honey is the only way to eat McNuggets.

Bearing in mind of course that what they serve in those little packets probably can't really be called "honey". I do have some real honey at home, though, I should try that next time.

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
That reminds me of that bit in To Kill a Mockingbird when Dill drenches his dinner in syrup.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I remember they used to even have their own McDonalds branded honey that you could order with the nuggets and I would always get it. I've heard a few locations still do

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I don't do it anymore because in the wisdom of old age I see that honey mustard is the one true sauce, but it's okay.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
burger king is crushing the nuggets game with $1 8 pc nuggets

also s/o to their honey mustard, bbq and marinara sauces

Oct 27, 2017
People can do what they want but just no. People that dip chicken nuggets in honey are probably the same foul bastards that like pineapple pizza.