• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Any list with Hitman and Titanfall 2 in the top 10 is a good list.

OP
OP
Violet

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Nier 1000% deserves to be in the top 5..............................................

Nier Gestalt that is

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the BotW honeymoon over??
any minute now

tenor.gif

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Damn God of war is ranked lower then spiderman?! I liked spiderman but why wouldn't it be arkham city instead since that influenced that game. Also love the respect to dead space 2!! Titanfall 2 was good but not top ten I feel..

OP
OP
Violet

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Crusader Kings II is 37 spots too low on this list, but at least it made it.

for my list I did for the PCera thread, it made my top 10 for the decade. I feel like it actually should fare better on these lists because if you're taking into account all the DLC, it's really become a much better game.

Frog Fractions > Halo: Reach confirmed

as it should be!

Dead Space 2 way too low; shit's incredible.

It's weird that Mass Effect 2 (and 1 to a lesser extent) are both invulnerable in these lists despite the series tailing off at the end in terms of overall critical perception but the Dead Space games don't seem to get that luxury

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I should really play Papers, Please. I think I even got it from PS+.

It's a list of solid games overall. Nothing I really strongly disagree with except Untitled Goose Game. My top 10 will be completely different though and one day I will find someone who agrees with me that Skyward Sword is the Zelda of the Decade.

A Vita game in the top 10, who'd have thought?
Two Vita games even: Undertale and Papers, Please. Game Over, 3DS.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I missed them, the below games are not in this top 100:

Infinite Space
Bayonetta 2
Radiant Historia
Thimbleweed Park
Cuphead
Sonic Mania Plus
Xenoblade

Especially disappointing not to see one of the best games ever made, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

OP
OP
Violet

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
It's a list of solid games overall. Nothing I really strongly disagree with except Untitled Goose Game. My top 10 will be completely different though and one day I will find someone who agrees with me that Skyward Sword is the Zelda of the Decade.

The middling reception at launch (and the fact that I wasn't really playing games at the time) kept me away from Skyward Sword so I'm eager to revisit it now that it's sort of become a lowkey cult classic

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Infinite Space
Bayonetta 2
Radiant Historia
Thimbleweed Park
Cuphead
Sonic Mania Plus
Xenoblade

Especially disappointing not to see one of the best games ever made, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
sadly ghost trick has barely shown up in any best of decade list. such a shame, the game is truly timeless and amazing.

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Yeah, as expected couldn't agree less with them. BotW and ME 2 would be there, but BotW much lower and ME 2 much higher.

OP
OP
Violet

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
my top painful omissions:

- Deadly Premonition
- Candy Box 2
- Nier Gestalt

jak153

Oct 30, 2017
Some of the release dates are weird like putting the DR V3 release for DR 1 otherwise quite a diverse list cool to see DQ Builders in there

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to ask about the lack of Bayonetta 1, but I forgot it came out in Japan in 2009. Good lost otherwise. Can't think of any glaring omissions.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Glad to see these:

93. Metal Gear Solid V
82. Firewatch
71. Dishonored 2
61. Night in the Woods
56. Wolfenstein: The New Order
53. Gone Home
51. Doom (2016)
40. Outer Wilds
37. Portal 2
20. Fallout: New Vegas
13. Disco Elysium
12. Bloodborne
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Dark Souls

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They left out the first game that started the 2010's with a bang... Birth by Sleep.

They got the release date for Dangan Ronpa wrong.

PT, Pokemon Go, etc. made it over Birth by Sleep? smh

OP
OP
Violet

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
They left out the first game that started the 2010's with a bang... Birth by Sleep.

They got the release date for Dangan Ronpa wrong.

PT, Pokemon Go, etc. made it over Birth by Sleep? smh

Influence matters, which is also why Fortnite/Minecraft/etc make the cut.

Only 2 fighting games on the whole list. One of them being Tekken 7 way at 94.

Tekken 7 strikes me as the only game that made the list in INSULTINGLY low fashion. It's really shaped up to being one of my favorite fighting games ever

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I've had Titanfall 2 in my shelf for a couple of months now, thinking about playing it... I should probably do that.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly shocked The Last of Us is back at #18. It's my GOTD, but I don't mean it in a 'HOW DARE THEY' way. I'm just shocked a publication put it that far back.

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
I loved Titanfall 2 but I wouldn't put it anywhere near the top 30 of the decade / gen. Aside from that and the lack of Bloodborne, I can actually agree with this top 10. Would probably swap Minecraft with Terraria though.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW

Infinite Space
Bayonetta 2
Radiant Historia
Thimbleweed Park
Cuphead
Sonic Mania Plus
Xenoblade

Infinite Space is too old for this list (i guess depending on the regions they are counting)

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This list is actually right up my alley. Though I'd probably slot Prey and Div OS 2 into the top 10, but that's just me