• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
okay? Not buying this game for multiplayer.

If PlayStation had a service like Xbox Live GamePass, I wouldn't buy the game at all. These kinds of games I only play once for the story and never play again.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Darn. It's multiplayer was really unique and fun too. I would've loved to have seen a continuation of it. Maybe it could be added as free DLC down the line hopefully.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
yes, because somehow its impossible to do a super ambitious single player game and still have an online mode.

oh wait a second
rdr2-officialart-3840x2160.jpg

this is a dumb decision

This game didn't have MP at launch, either!

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Remember the time when people would bitch about well known SP games' sequels in development would announce to have MP and the a multitude of posters would question the sensibility of the decision claiming how it would take away from resources that would otherwise be better utilized in bolstering the quality of the SP portion of the game?

Anyway, I am guessing they may go the route of RDR2.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
The Last of Us 1's multiplayer was the best MP of the previous generation.

Hugely disappointed with this news. Really hope they add in a mode sometime after release.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
kinda hard to believe but i'm pretty sure there's some standalone MP in development (maybe a BR game tho ugh) thats TLOU universe, possibly whatever Qtrain is working on

Oct 25, 2017
No!!! What about my list!?

The Last of Us pt.2 (Factions) Definitive Wishlist

• Ability to Craft Counters; this means that if as I'm playing a match, I can scavenge scrap and different items and use them to create counters that negate the effects of certain perks. For example, I amass some scrap and necessary items and to craft a Respirator. Respirators negate the effect of smoke bombs. Personally I think short fuse (I&II) is a bullshit perk that puts the intended target at a near insurmountable disadvantage and this is a way of offsetting that.
  • Reduced Lethality of Shotguns at Ranges Greater Than 20 ft.; I think that there's something utterly wrong with balancing if someone is engaged in a firefight at about 50 ft. and they lose to someone using a tactical shotgun while they're using an un-upgraded revolver or semi-auto rifle. This is needs to be fixed going forward. Unless the shotgun is firing a slug (which it is not in my experience, as the shot seems to spread), it should be at a disadvantage at range and do negligible damage until that distance is closed.
  • Consistent Molotov Blast Radius and Damage; There are many instances in TLoUR where I'm wearing full armor, have full health and a Molotov is thrown behind me and my character instantly dies, bypassing the downed phase entirely. There are other situations where landing a direct hit on another player with the exact same variables results in their armor break and taking moderate damage. A sense of consistency would be great in these situations. I think ND should be better about ensuring that a Molotov that strikes the front of cover that players are positioned behind doesn't magically kill the player.
  • Animation Traps; many times during gameplay, I'll attempt to flee a thrown smoke bomb by vaulting over the cover I was behind. However, for some reason, even when I'm largely over the cover, when the bomb detonates I'm still subjected to its disorienting, and blinding effects but most importantly, I'm returned back to the side of cover I just fled from! I'm not sure how they could alter this, maybe mathematically divide the cover into two, and if you're more on a particular side than another will determine if you'll escape what you're fleeing or be affected by it.
  • More Fluid Movement; Judging by the gameplay demonstration of pt.2, ND has rectified this. In multiplayer, your character is very stiff and moves in very angular ways, making evasion more difficult. If motions become more fluid and responsive, it'll make getting in and out of combat more rewarding and fun. Pulling up your gun should be more responsive as well.
  • Evade Button; I know many may be at odds with this suggestion, but combat as it is right now can be clunky. If you're engaged in a firefight and need to quickly escape or find cover, what legitimate argument exists for barring a combat dive? It'd be directional. So you'd be free to dive front, back, left, and right. To ensure that it couldn't be abused, it would be tethered to your stamina, which also governs a host of other player actions. Possibly map it to the same button as 'Dodge' but make it so that to execute it, a player must swiftly double tap the Dodge button but within a very small window of time.
  • Nock Multiple Arrows/Rapid Fire Arrows; this is pretty self-explanatory. The ability to do these actions would also be governed by stamina. So nocking multiple arrows will drain a greater amount of stamina than nocking one, but will deliver more damage. Likewise you can rapid fire arrows until you either a.) run out of arrows or b.) run out of stamina
  • Machete>2x4; Have you ever gotten into a close quarters fight and came to the harsh realization that a 2x4 will down quicker than a Machete? Well I have and that shit just doesn't make sense! A machete is literally slicing someone open while a 2x4 is delivering blunt trauma. In all situations where everything is equal, the Machete should always triumph over the 2x4.
  • Contextual Weapons; a bottle or brick thrown at other players should be able to VERY BRIEFLY stun the victim and give a VERY SMALL window of opportunity to change the potential outcome of an encounter.
  • Corner Camping; I'm not sure how ND can address this but please get rid of it. It's annoying, cheap, and hurts the tempo of the game. It puts players using weapons like Hunting Rifle/Military Rifles at an EXTREME advantage and protects them from retaliation.
  • Quick Scoping; Once again gives certain players; Snipers primarily, an advantage that's hard to mitigate. They quick scope, switch to their pistol and down you before you can get off the 3 shots needed to down them. Needs to be balanced, or eliminated entirely.
  • Ability to Change Weapons Using Shoulder Button; it's awkward attempting to switch weapons using the D-Pad and can an annoyance. I'd prefer if in addition to the D-Pad to change to an exact weapon, if you could use the shoulder buttons to quickly cycle through your weapons.
  • Premature Bomb Detonation; you should be able to detonate your own/allied bombs by shooting them. You can shoot enemy bombs but you can't shoot your own or teammates, if I remember correctly. The reasons for this are likely that ND don't want players trolling and detonating other team members' bombs. Thinking about that lead to this suggestion...
  • Vote to Kick; some people are idiots and don't attempt to team play or are intentional trolls. They should be able to be booted from the match if a team member starts a vote against them and half the team votes to kick them as well.
  • Change Teams; sometimes a team is getting spanked so bad that they leave en masse stranding a single player on the team. In situations such as these, if lives allow, a re-balancing of teams should occur, performed automatically by the game itself.
  • Hitboxes; nearly forgot this one, but it's definitely one of the most important. I hate when I duck behind cover and am positioned there for more than half a second and I hear the sound of the Hunting Rifle firing (after I'm securely positioned behind cover) and I'm downed. I'm not sure if this is more so an animation problem much like vaulting, (while a Molotov, smoke bomb, or grenade goes off behind you and you're still affected by it) or a problem with hitboxes but until someone with more experience/knowledge chimes in, I'm going to chalk this up to hotboxes and not animations.
  • Collision Detection/Clipping; this is a rare occurrence but it does happen. This occurs when someone is close to you and is punching you or they are attempting to melee you and when your gun is drawn, it clips through their body. When this happens, all damage you think you're doing isn't being done and you're incurring damage while you must re-position in order to deal damage. Definitely an issue that isn't widely spoken about.
  • Stutter Stepping; In playing Factions, I've come to notice that there are many times during regular play that characters will be walking or running and suddenly stop. It happens so fast at times that it gives the impression that the player is lagging but they aren't. Hopefully this new animation system will iron out kinks like this.
  • Ability to Communicate in Absence of Mic; I want the ability to talk with my team and them to talk to me when they don't have a mic. Whether this be gestures that communicate things like stop, flank, rush/push, retreat or generated messages that players can quickly select and post to other players would go a long way in ensuring that teams are on the same page.
All for nothing!? NO!!!!!!!!! Oh well. Maybe it'll be released separately at a later date as a free download for game owners!?
Wow that's unfortunate you went to all that trouble lol

Shawn Carter

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
They keep going on about how big the game is but given their track record I'm expecting more bloat than anything.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Fine by me. I played the MP on PS3 for a couple weeks, had fun, never touched it again. Think I played maybe 3 matches on the PS4 remaster. I'm not going to miss it. I'm glad they're using all of their resources on the campaign. That's the meat of the game.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe some did a lot after they reviewed TLOU1 and are upset it's not back?

Game reviewers are usually single oriented people. Like most of Era's userbase. It won't affect reviews at all.

Naughty Dog has this ability to do whatever they want and even if it's something everyone else gets criticized for they will not.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
That's too bad and honestly surprising. You'd think with how many copies this is gonna sell, a multiplayer mode with purchasable costumes or something would print money.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand the reactions in this thread. The last of us Multiplayer was great and I have to agree but single player and multiplayer is night and day difference. The last of Us was masterfully crafted with single player in MIND ALWAYS. The faction journeys were indeed fun but once you finished them they became a chore to play at least for me. I'd rather they focus entirely on crafting the immense campaign they want and craft every nook and cranny without having to use resources for MP. We need big single player games more FOCUSED ON STORY DRIVEN approaches. If you look at this new game and dismiss it as a rental, or wtv you want to call it just because it has no mp when it means we will get a better campaign then be my guest but since the game is massive you can take a new approach to it every playthrough most likely and I truly see myself playing it 3 times like the first game.

It is a good thing that MP is gone because it gives us the more dark and gritty story for part II and they said the game is already at least 50% bigger than the 1st. I think Multiplayer will happen eventually especially given the reactions on the internet right now but i'm personally fine without it. I respect ND'S decision and I realize they wanted to make the biggest game they ever created and that's only possible without sacrificing resources for multiplayer.

some people liked it and are rightfully bummed it won't be continued. Others didn't really care either way. For some people they'll still buy and enjoy the game. For others maybe this is a dealbreaker. And this circular argument will continue for another 10 pages with nothing really being accomplished or gained.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
would much rather have a more polished singleplayer experience than a bad MP experience people like for some reason