• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The single player totally stands up on its own, but I am very disappointed by this.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
A few less annoying trophies then lol.
Really weird to do this though, sony don't give a shit about MP in their first party it seems.

Oct 25, 2017
grumpy-cat-good.png

So you plebs can enjoy the SP for once! :P

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Sounds good to me, didn't care for the MP in the first game and I'd rather have them focus all their efforts on making the single player as good as possible.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I loved the MP in TLoU but I to be honest I am more than okay with this. I loved the actual game more and the market has too many MP games at the moment anyway so I'm good.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Are the servers for the first game still up? This kind of makes me want to revisit it as I do have some fond memories of Factions when it first dropped on PS3.

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Surprising and extremely disappointing. TLOU MP was amazing.

Maybe in the PS5 version...

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good.

Maybe they'll release a stand alone mp a few months down the road.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, it's coming with the PS5 port. I am sure they started working on MP but all the resources were pulled off that because they wanted to ship on PS4 before PS5. It's probably coming on PS5 2021/2022 while they're on pre-production on their first true PS5 game.
Source? If don't have one, you shouldn't continue to post as if you are an insider like that

xtwo

Oct 26, 2017
i like SP games but the lost of us MP was so good that it was my most played MP ever. Not happy about it

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
If they had to develop multiplayer we probably would have to wait another 2 years so... Cool I guess. But imagine the huge campaign. I really believe we will get younger Ellie and separate older-buff Ellie stories :)

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the first game's MP was well liked though.

Could it be an end of gen thing?

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Well, at least it wont have Microtransactions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yet, lol.

Ballsy moves from them though.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The ming-bogggling part is sony's flaw this gen was MP games. Their one exclusive that had good MP, they didn't care to add to the sequel... just boggling.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This is a bummer, TLOU MP was one of the best multiplayer games ever.

Hopefully Naughty Dog has an online team working on some kind of standalone MP game.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What a fucking bummer. First games multi was it. Really fun.

Might wait for a sale on this one now. We'll see how it goes.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Crazy to think that uncharted 4 has been the last first party Sony game to have mp (I believe excluding mlb). The last of us' multiplayer was one of the best. It was like spies vs mercs. Just hope future Sony first party games don't start neglecting multiplayer

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
This is pretty wrong. Uncharted 2 was great even during Gears of War era. Uncharted 3 less so, but still very fun to play

*in my opinion.

I thought UC2 and UC3 were awful. I play a lot of multiplayer games and it just never felt good to me. Poorly balanced and just meh.

I want Sony to drop a proper MP game. I'd even take a killzone.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
A shame because the original was pretty fun and had a lot of fans, but I can't say I ever put much time into it.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I thought TLoU multiplayer was unique but it never grasped me.
I feel bad for those that enjoyed it though and were hoping the sequel will have it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
There aren't a lot of stealth/survival based deathmatch games out there. It was really unique and really well done. It was like the perfect marriage of the concepts in the single player applied to multiplayer.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Sounds good to me, didn't care for the MP in the first game and I'd rather have them focus all their efforts on making the single player as good as possible.

I hate takes like this. "i didn't like it, but other people did, who gives a shit? It matters what I like" The MP did NOT take away from the SP in any way in the first game. It was one of the best MP experiences this gen, there are very few team oriented tactical shooters on console that play like TLOU mp.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I imagine the new tech they're working with made multiplayer impossible unless they were willing to make it look significantly worse when compared to the main game.

Personally I never touched the MP for the first game but I was looking forward to whatever the sequel was going to have. The remaster still has multiplayer though and it's going to get a bunch of new players soon due to PS+ so I'll probably get my fill there.