• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU Factions is amazing, there's nothing quite like on any console. The multiplayer trophies were easy, nothing like the grindy Gears and RDR2 MP trophies. You can even cheese through the longer one. Can only hope it will be on the PS5 next year.

So many dumb troll comments not worth replying to here from the usual suspects.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty disappointed to hear this.

Although some of the greatest single player campaigns of all time are timeless.

Naughty Dog, like Rockstar, can always get to work on multiplayer after they've shipped, and they probably will.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
MP down the line after nailing the SP campaign makes too much sense. Might not be there at launch, but I also see them adding MP or standalone or remastered packed in a year or two.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how now people are spinning this into "hopefully it'll be included in the remastered PS5 version"

how about we don't get a fucking remastered version of a game that literally comes out the same year as the PS5

how about Sony does the pro-consumer thing and allows their PS4 games to be upscaled or patched to take full advantage of the PS5

we already know Microsoft will be doing this with Xbox idk why Sony fans are just assuming/accepting more remasters with the PS5

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
PS5 version only. Im calling it

That would be terrible. Releasing the same game 1 year later and locking the mp behind that? Fuck that. TLOUR was a great value because it bundled left behind and a couple other fun things in while also improving the framerates and such. That being said you weren't forced to buy it to play any of that.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Subverting expectations before launch.
There is no way Sony is not selling a remaster of this game with extra game modes when ps5 launches. Sure you can BC the original TLOU2 on there but this thread shows peoe would probably double dip for the MP.

RE-Selling TLOU1 worked out too well for them with PS4 not to do it again.

"the true last of us experience"

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Subverting expectations before launch.
There is no way Sony is not selling a remaster of this game with extra game modes when ps5 launches. Sure you can BC the original TLOU2 on there but this thread shows peoe would probably double dip for the MP.

RE-Selling TLOU1 worked out too well for them with PS4 not to do it again.

"the true last of us experience"

But like I said, there was ntohing in TLOUR in terms of content you couldn't get in TLOU ps3. That would be such a big fuck you to early adopters and people who aren't getting ps5.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Factions fans super defensive about their MP mode... guys, just email ND, let people who are in for the campaign (and have absolutely nothing to do with the devs decision to skip on the mode) to voice their takes as well.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
BUT MUH RESOURCES. If there's an MP in this game I will be pissed because I was neve rinterested. Why do companies force us as gamers to deal with MP in our games?! /s
Actually this is more against your argument if they are looking for people it literally means they don't have that resource at the studio

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
That would be terrible. Releasing the same game 1 year later and locking the mp behind that? Fuck that. TLOUR was a great value because it bundled left behind and a couple other fun things in while also improving the framerates and such. That being said you weren't forced to buy it to play any of that.
I mean to be fair, it's obviously not gonna be done in time for launch

AJ_Cyberpunk

Apr 15, 2019
Well Neil said it won't have a mp mode, it's singleplayer-only. I think that's clear enough.

True, just feels out of blue considering it was confirmed last year and the multiplayer hiring for it. Was hoping the interview and question mixed up whether the single player game was Co-op (multiplayer) or not. Doesn't look like though sadly.

Hopefully between now and launch they will change there minds.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Perfectly fine by me as it's all about the single player, but I know there's a lot of people that will be disappointed by this.

Wonder if there's any scope for them to add MP in via DLC further down the line...

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I love how now people are spinning this into "hopefully it'll be included in the remastered PS5 version"

how about we don't get a fucking remastered version of a game that literally comes out the same year as the PS5

how about Sony does the pro-consumer thing and allows their PS4 games to be upscaled or patched to take full advantage of the PS5

we already know Microsoft will be doing this with Xbox idk why Sony fans are just assuming/accepting more remasters with the PS5
Or you know, you could maybe not listen to people on this board and assume that Sony will take the remastered route for their games. We already know that PS5 will be backwards compatible. Maybe it will just be a patch?

Last edited:

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
It's simple, single player got bigger than multiplayer to the point they have to focus on only SP, remember? Two Discs.

The co-writer said their MP team is working on something...
I personally think that's PR spin. ND has a full team specifically for MP that I can't see contributing to the SP, hell they were still hiring for that team even recently. That being said if people come in and say "well that's good they can use that time to beef up the SP", while I don't see that as true, that's at least coming from a good space. Coming in to say "well I don't care because I never played this anyways" is useless. Again it's as if there was a game delayed or cancelled that you literally neve rplayed or had interest in just to post "well I never was interested anyway". pure shit posting.

Yeah that I can totally understand. Agreed.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
They can always add it later. I'm glad they are putting all their resources into the single player experience.

Oct 25, 2017
This is extremely disappointing. Sony/ND basically threw away the best MP idea they have had in decade. It's fine if they didn't want to do it, but what a waste of potential. Maybe it wasn't working out? UC4's MP was definitely a step down.

May 29, 2018
This is tremendously disappointing. While TLOU 2 will remain one of my most anticipated games, the multiplayer aspect was at least on par for why I was looking forward to the sequels release.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4 games. They'll rerelease the game on PS5 and the multiplayer will be a free download available for both versions.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also it isn't just that one job listing. I went to the page myself and found this:

http:///YVFd.png

You really can't read into those too much. ND is telling us there's no MP. So there is no MP. They likely canceled it very recently and haven't taken those listings down.

I'll tell you this. If they add MP to the PS5 version of the game after already baiting and switching their MP community there will be an outcry.