• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, people are listing them for $400+ on things like Letgo. Reminds me of the crazy prices you'd see for Wii on Craigslist back during the height of Wii's popularity explosion.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I personally know a few people who wanted to buy a Switch for Animal Crossing but "settled" for a Lite because they couldn't find the OG anywhere.

Crowh

Nov 20, 2017
In my country they are pretty much available in every version, in every retailer at standard price lol

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nintendo's policy of never price dropping is actually working out for them

too bad its the scalpers making all the money lol

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Are they now?

Hmm...

sloth-hm-tenor.gif

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've been thinking of selling my Switch. I guess there's no better time?

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
As someone who's been checking Amazon and Best Buy every day for the better battery life model to be in stock, they appear every couple of days on Amazon used for around $270. I've been tempted with how hard it is to get one atm, but I'd rather not risk it when it comes to the condition. I can wait.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Production issues because of a world pandemic and Animal Crossing just released.

It's the perfect storm

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i'd go and sell one of mine if i wasn't on lockdown (my country has very tight quarantine right now so i basically can't leave the house and the post office is probably closed)

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
You think this is bad
Try scoring a Valve Index in Japan at the moment
IWn5Hr1.png

From $2314.90 up to $4035.29 O.o
Half Life Alyx and Corona scares have pushed the price into the heavens!

Dealer A

Jan 13, 2018
I don't play Animal Crossing, and I'm not really interested in anything else coming out on the Switch, so I sold mine on eBay. I'll buy it back in few months when supply catches up again.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't buy one months ago when they were cheaper, and I'm not going to let this crazy demand get the better of me. I would however like to play Animal Crossing. Ah well.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This isn't even the newest model either, is the demand for them that crazy? Everyone wants to play Ring-Fit?

It's just crazy.
Everyone wants to play Animal Crossing, to be precise. But yeah, stock has run out, and demand is highest it's ever been outside of launch and the holidays. The current situation has led to an inability to restock quickly as well, so things are tough stock-wise.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Another thing you can't buy anywhere is webcams. Crazy thing to need, but it's cheaper right now to buy a chromebook than a webcam.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
And people wonder why Nintendo didnt unveil new bigger titles on the Direct - people have issues finding Switches, AC, Ring-Fit, BotW and co. right now. Stock situation is quite bad at many retailers - announcing new shiny titles when you cant even meet current demands is a bad look for them.

ive been tempted to get a switch lite, still seems to be available everywhere. Does nobody want a lite?
Lite is performing just fine - it not being sold out everywhere doesnt mean that nobody is buying them.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Play-Asia is gouging the price too.

20200331-015250.jpg

And they use a hashtag #Safegamers. Fcking disgusting. So glad I have not been their customer for awhile.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
You think this is bad
Try scoring a Valve Index in Japan at the moment
IWn5Hr1.png

From $2314.90 up to $4035.29 O.o
Half Life Alyx and Corona scares have pushed the price into the heavens!
This inspired me to look up Oculus Rift S prices and damn some of them are selling for $500+ used. That's tempting since I bought mine for $400 and have barely touched it in recent months.

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
I can only see the og switch being worth it now if you want to mod it. But with the v2 has the better battery life but since most people are some kind of lockdown they are high in demand for sure. Even switch lites are selling like crazy

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
I was planning on buying a Switch at the start of the year but wasn't stoked with the deals I saw around. Figured I could wait and get a good deal later in the year. Couldn't have been more wrong

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
Here in europe hackable models go for crazy amounts. You can download for free/pirate every game in few clicks like from store.

Oct 27, 2017
You know this is for the newer 3D games right? (I ask only since you mentioned an NES title) Galaxy, 3D World, Sunshine, etc.

Yes, and I don't really like those all that much either. Galaxy was OK but marred by the Wii's awful motion controls (but a Switch port might fix that). Odyssey was OK too, but nothing amazing IMO. What I've played of Sunshine wasn't bad, just damn boring :p

Nov 27, 2017
California
I'd sell mine if I wasn't shook of going to the post office, then again I could set it up for home pick up.
Shame I updated it when Pokémon released or I could've hacked it but eh
Who wants one with Mario kart, splatoon 2 and Yoshi's crafted world installed on it 🥺😉

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Yea it's crazy. I've even had a few friends ask me(I'm the tech guy I guess) where they can find a switch and is $420 the normal price for it lol. Meanwhile I'm sitting at a small gold mine of my unused switch and ring fit set in one of my moving boxes. Crazy times.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked eBay and I'm not seeing anything above the regular retail price, unless games are included.

Where are these $500 Switches, because I'll gladly sell mine.

Fahro

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Mario Odyssee bundle but bought plenty of games in the eshop. Since I don't care about hacking it, could I just deactivate the account on my switch and buy a newer one with better battery life in a few months and redownload the games again?
Or do I have to contact Nintendo to disconnect my account and the switch? thanks In advance

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked eBay and I'm not seeing anything above the regular retail price, unless games are included.

Where are these $500 Switches, because I'll gladly sell mine.
On Walmart and Amazon new ones are all above $450.

I want a 2nd Switch and Ring Fit but apparently a lot of other people do too so we are all SOL unless you want to pay a big premium or get lucky.