• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
amp.usatoday.com

White House rebuffed CDC offer to lead contact tracing investigation of Trump team outbreak

The CDC repeatedly offered to lead investigations into Trump's coronavirus exposures, but the White House spurned the agency. Some say it's political.
The White House rejected on Monday an offer from the nation's public health experts to lead the effort to track down and notify Americans who were exposed to a growing coronavirus outbreak linked to President Donald Trump and several top aides.

Nine months into the most deadly pandemic in a century, the sidelining of the CDC in the investigation into an outbreak as prominent as a White House-linked cluster that has infected at least 18 mostly prominent Republicans underscores the agency's diminished influence.

The White House Medical Unit declined an offer of assistance from the CDC's leadership during a Monday morning phone call, according to multiple sources within the agency. CDC Director Robert Redfield has been offering the agency's help since Trump's diagnosis was disclosed on Friday.

CDC spokesman Tom Skinner confirmed that the White House has not accepted the CDC's offers to run the contact tracing but referred questions about the situation to the White House.
4ED7B6B63E33EFA71FE8C072737B6C199B21604F

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting... again nothing surprises me anymore from this Trump administration.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Someone needs to photoshop the absolutely disgusting reporter gif on to a white house picture. Getting insane in there.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Insert relevant meme:

Republicans - There is no COVID!
COVID - There will be no Republican party!

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I was rehashing this news by listening to PSA this morning, and this part stuck out to me the most: even Chris Christie had to find out about all of the positive tests from the news.

That's supposed to be your mans. And they didn't even send dude a text "hey maybe you should get tested, you're kinda husky and pushing 60." Forget about all the low level staffers and maintenance staff - they may as well be insects.

They absolutely do not care about tackling the viral spread in any way; they see it as an admission of administrative weakness. The idea of "public health" is just words to them. And Trump himself has some macho bullshit idea that people who die from illness do so because of personal weakness.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
How does this even work? Like, I can't tell the Dept of Health to fuck off when they ask about a positive case in my company. Even if I didn't give them the info, they will find out through the network of test results in the state and then come after me for not reporting.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta wonder how those who have been working under him for four years feel about this.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
They really don't want it out there that Donald is now Typhoid Mary...only everyone has caught on.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This is stupid, the CDC is still trying to save lives...even with how badly its been compromised by the White House and its still trying to perform its function.