• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
He also says he supports funding of states now.

nypost.com

Trump ‘ready to send’ stimulus checks, agrees to back state aid

President Trump on Friday said he would sign a coronavirus relief bill with state and local aid — and that he wants stimulus checks quickly distributed. “I am ready to send more money to Stat…
He also said he supported $600 unemployment benefits, yet Mnuchin and Meadows refused to budge from $400 in negotiations. Nothing Trump says matters.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He also said he supported $600 unemployment benefits, yet Mnuchin and Meadows refused to budge from $400 in negotiations. Nothing Trump says matters.
I honestly think it's more intentional than that. He's gaslighting to look good. It's like when Kudlow was appearing on tv after the EOs and saying people would get 800 dollars a week due to it.

They don't give a damn about what happens next week as long as they look good in the moment.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I honestly think it's more intentional than that. He's gaslighting to look good. It's like when Kudlow was appearing on tv after the EOs and saying people would get 800 dollars a week due to it.

They don't give a damn about what happens next week as long as they look good in the moment.
Well last week he asked Mnuchin when people would get the unemployment checks, and Mnuchin said today. Obviously that didnt happen, so now the move is to act like Nancy and Chuck are the reason no money is being given.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018

nypost.com

President Trump on Friday said he would sign a coronavirus relief bill with state and local aid — and that he wants stimulus checks quickly distributed. “I am ready to send more money to Stat…

He must be coming to grips with how bad it will look for him when no one gets their 300 or 400 dollar checks.
Funny how quickly he folds now that he realizes people may actually be relying on his trash EOs to go into effect. It was clear from the beginning he was hoping the EOs would work as a pressure tactic and that Congress would bail him out.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah but wheeeennn?? Most of us re-up our benefits this Sunday. It would have been nice to have an actual livable income amount. We are so fucked come next week.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
He's starting to realize that if he acted TODAY, people wouldn't get help until mid September. We're getting shockingly close to him just flat out throwing the election. If the absolute first lucky people to get money don't get anything until October 1st, then I don't see how he doesn't get bombed out in November election.

gillian03

Oct 28, 2017
He's starting to realize that if he acted TODAY, people wouldn't get help until mid September. We're getting shockingly close to him just flat out throwing the election. If the absolute first lucky people to get money don't get anything until October 1st, then I don't see how he doesn't get bombed out in November election.

And if a stimulus bill is approved by September, ordinary citizens wouldn't be receiving the checks until like. Mid to late October, no?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

nypost.com

He must be coming to grips with how bad it will look for him when no one gets their 300 or 400 dollar checks.

Trump folds so fucking fast when people call his bluffs its amazing how no one keeps pressing him on other shit he's done.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So last night Trump said its fine if no deal gets made because "Look how great the country is doing. Look at my charts. You've seen my charts." And Mark Meadows is on CNN this morning practically begging the democrats to return to Washington to "put another stimulus check in every citizens hand."

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the one lesson we learn as a country is to stop thinking the president has so much power and to realize our local representatives are just as important, if not more.

Mitch has way more power than Trump.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017

nypost.com

He must be bored.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the one lesson we learn as a country is to stop thinking the president has so much power and to realize our local representatives are just as important, if not more.

Mitch has way more power than Trump.

I mean yeah. Everyone here who complains about the state of this country better be a super voter (someone who votes in every election).

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
The White House positioning on the Sunday shows going back to; negotiate with us and we'll give USPS aid (something they already agreed upon before anyway). what a clown show.

it seems this is going to be the main attack and deflect during the convention, dems are holding up financial aid which is what's also causing the USPS cuts...

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
the gop is learning the hardway, that its the job of person in wh to convince the minority party to play ball.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
This goes back to what Nancy said in an interview yesterday when asked why she isn't still negotiating. She said she can't when no one on the other side can agree on what they actually want.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
www.cnn.com

Walmart sales soared as shoppers spent their stimulus checks

Walmart sales got a big boost last quarter as shoppers spent their government stimulus checks on home goods, electronics and lawn care products, the company said Tuesday.

finance.yahoo.com

Coronavirus stimulus: Walmart just raised a red flag to bumbling lawmakers

Sales tail off at Walmart in the wake of stimulus funds running out.

Stimulus works. Who knew?

Work at Wal-Mart and was noticing this last week. Things have fell off so bad. People don't have money to spend and aren't even buying as much food as they were. That's a real freaking problem.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
www.cnn.com

Walmart sales got a big boost last quarter as shoppers spent their government stimulus checks on home goods, electronics and lawn care products, the company said Tuesday.

finance.yahoo.com

It's almost like if you give working class people money they spend it on goods that stimulate the economy.... But we better ignore that.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.cnn.com

finance.yahoo.com

Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In Arizona unemployment checks sent this week included the 300 federal. It's a far cry from the 600 it should have included, but better than nothing. Fuck Trump, McConnell and others for making people go weeks with nothing and now giving them scraps. In AZ the 100 from the state is simply what was already being paid so it's 300 more than before rather than the 400 touted.

Avenger

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 31, 2019
In Arizona unemployment checks sent this week included the 300 federal. It's a far cry from the 600 it should have included, but better than nothing. Fuck Trump, McConnell and others for making people go weeks with nothing and now giving them scraps. In AZ the 100 from the state is simply what was already being paid so it's 300 more than before rather than the 400 touted.

Did they include the last few weeks too?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So, when these were first going into effect like a week or two ago, there was word that the extra $300 only went to people who were receiving $100 or more in regular unemployment. Im right below that threshold, so I dont know if I will get this new extra. Anyone know if thats still the case?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, when these were first going into effect like a week or two ago, there was word that the extra $300 only went to people who were receiving $100 or more in regular unemployment. Im right below that threshold, so I dont know if I will get this new extra. Anyone know if thats still the case?
I'm there with you. I get a scant $60 before taxes in unemployment a week right now and it's not saying I'm getting anything extra this week. So I dunno if it just hasn't kicked in or if I won't get it at all due to how low my weekly assistance is. Live in MA.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Work at Wal-Mart and was noticing this last week. Things have fell off so bad. People don't have money to spend and aren't even buying as much food as they were. That's a real freaking problem.

Extremely anecdotal, but I have been using their home delivery since this all started. I put in a big order for yesterday and it was probably the first time I ever got every single thing I asked for. Everything was in stock, no substitutes or anything. Even things that had been challenging to get previously like hand soap bottle refills and dry shampoo that my wife uses.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did they include the last few weeks too?
Not yet, but they've said it'd be retroactive and cover there previous few weeks. I'll believe it when I see it.
Regarding the other question about the 100 minimum threshold. Yes, in AZ those under 100 don't qualify, which is insane as essentially those who need the extra funds the most don't get them.
If I were a governor I'd raise the floor for unemployment to 100 just to get the extra 300 federal as that money will most likely be spent in the state.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I'm there with you. I get a scant $60 before taxes in unemployment a week right now and it's not saying I'm getting anything extra this week. So I dunno if it just hasn't kicked in or if I won't get it at all due to how low my weekly assistance is. Live in MA.
Blah, its so dumb. I was working part time most of last year due to school and they went with that rather than my average I think. I hope they dont stick with that $100 minimum, but I can totally see them doing so just to fuck over people like myself.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Looks like Republicans want to pass a stimulus bill with no stimulus checks:

www.forbes.com

Second Stimulus Check May Be Excluded From New, Smaller GOP Stimulus Package Proposal

Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans are expected to introduce a new pared-down coronavirus stimulus package proposal this week, which includes $300 unemployment benefits, but appears to exclude $1,200 second stimulus checks.
Doesn't matter since dems will just laugh at this.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017

www.forbes.com

Second Stimulus Check May Be Excluded From New, Smaller GOP Stimulus Package Proposal

Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans are expected to introduce a new pared-down coronavirus stimulus package proposal this week, which includes $300 unemployment benefits, but appears to exclude $1,200 second stimulus checks.
Wait what? Mitch already called the Senate back from vacay?

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
It's all about winning the optics game. They're going to try to pass a shitty bill in order to get the dems to kill it.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Just a FYI for why AZ got $300 for unemployment so quick and seemingly no other state but with no retroactive backpay: they borrowed money from their FEMA fund under the assumption government will eventually pay the $$ so they can put it back into

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

www.forbes.com

Yeah, I doubt the House is going to go for that.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It's all about winning the optics game. They're going to try to pass a shitty bill in order to get the dems to kill it.

You'd think some kind of check to citizens would be included then. Trying to optics "democrats are withholding relief" with a bill that doesn't give everyone relief is baffling.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
The bill they first introduced was "pared down". Wth would this new bill be.

and I thought stimulus checks were the one thing everyone agreed on smh