• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird there won't be any stimulus check as I think a lot of people really needed one. There will be some who can't get unemployment but aren't making enough right now(gig workers etc) to not get evicted...

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
The reality is that this would be a temporary suspension of collection of payroll tax. Companies do not have to pass this savings on to their employees particularly if they believe it will be a lump sum payment due to catch-up later on. Plus, for most, payroll taxes are not that significant. So I think the net effect here is 0.

FEMA budget...is small. Exactly how long will he think this extends UI?

Another bunch of crap not worth paying attention to.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Republican party is the significant obstacle for ANY worthwhile idea/concept/proposal that would help everyone, not just the wealthy.

Note that Democrats already passed a relief bill that would help out Americans back in MAY, that bill is stuck on Mitch McConnell's desk along with other helpful bills that the House passed and sent over to the Senate.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, keep acting like this will have any impact. Hopefully something comes from this coming week. Turtle better back down.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
God, so tired of this baby and so tired of our elected officials hiding behind him. My god.

Oct 25, 2017
I still feel like we might get another check at some point between now and the election, if only because Trump is going to want that to happen when whatever they come up with and whatever his EOs actually do will be seen as inadequate

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I get the impression the White House doesn't care. This is all about optics. If it temporarily bumps his polling numbers up, he'll call it a win.
payroll tax cut doesn't help the unemployed which is def some of his base, barely helps employees either, esp on the lower end, only helps businesses really. Could see if really helping some mom and pops to be sure but....

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It will help if Democrats keep pushing the formulation of a bill even after these dumb EOs. Saying that people need stimulus help and that R's and Trump aren't understanding that.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still feel like we might get another check at some point between now and the election, if only because Trump is going to want that to happen when whatever they come up with and whatever his EOs actually do will be seen as inadequate

We might, but democrats aren't going to cave on EVERYTHING else just so people can get a check (nor should they).

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
He gets what he wanted. A reduction in payments and states get no money to improve testing. Citizens get smaller unemployment benefits and no stimulus checks.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
What a great way to cut social security and medicare. Just remove all the taxes so those programs get no money!

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
If you could make a bigger mess of things, he will lol

the stimulus checks were largely agreed upon already with some other smaller measures, I wonder if the R's throw it out there in a stripped down bill to look they did something. It puts the dems in a harder corner to say no,