• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing trailer. Get Out was superb so I'm definitely on board for this. He's got a real talent for horror, long may it continue.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
What is it about the idea of getting stabbed with a closed pair of scissors thats so much unnerving than getting it with a knife?

For some reason, it bothers me a lot more. Looks creepy, weird and unsettling as fuck, I'm in.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer may have showed too much, but it has some really effective imagery. Looks cool.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Things i noticed

-the daughter has a white rabbit on her shirt. Then later in the trailer you you see a bunch. Maybe its a nightmare based on what she likes
-the kid has a jaws shirt. Im assuming there is a shark attack on the beach
-the boy has a monkey mask and the doppelganger seems to move around like a monkey, climbing trees
-therea two amusment park signs on the beach, one for "find yourself" and the other is for "tater twists". I assume its gonna be a lot of self discovery and definitely a twist in the plot
-there are more than one pair of sissors. I think each one is for a different family member. Maybe a symbolism for cutting one off (killing) from the rest family.
-seeing the cop car, the clothes of the beach goers, and the board games... this movie is based in the early 90s i believe.
-with the paper cutouts i think its a movie on clones gone wrong

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
What is it about the idea of getting stabbed with a closed pair of scissors thats so much unnerving than getting it with a knife?

For some reason, it bothers me a lot more. Looks creepy, weird and unsettling as fuck, I'm in.
Avoid the movie Inside at all costs then

(Or don't if you like blood-drenched French horror movies)

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Oh look a trailer used a good hip hop song for once.

Yeah...so this looks dark and twisted as fuck. Will probably be deep as fuck too but we can save the analyzing for that second viewing. Creeeepy. Anything with creepy kids damn...JP about to drop a gem.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It came out in '95 so...

That aside, do you think for the last I don't know 7-10 years it's been pulling in money like it's about to?

Naaah. Shout out to the Bay Area remix though.

I don't doubt this trailer's gonna give it a shot in the arm, but the song's been printing money for a minute. What are you talking about? Lol

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
I don't doubt this trailer's gonna give it a shot in the arm, but the song's been printing money for a minute. What are you talking about? Lol

In the streaming era, you think Luniz is pulling in actual numbers that equate to money made? I'm sure Yuk would have plenty to say about that.

Hell, Yuk basically said the majority of the money made from the song was them being able to tour it globally.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
I agree that there seemed like A LOT shown for a first trailer but looked great and there's probably more layers to it all.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I wish I could handle horror movies, because that trailer was amazing. Best movie trailer I've seen in a long time.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Doing that slowed down creepy version of a song for a horror movie trailer with hip hop is genius.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Even with one film under his belt, Peele has proven to be a pretty damn smart director. I highly doubt the trailer spelled everything out for us and there's probably a lot more to this film than what was shown.
There has to be a whole lot in between to go from "family trapped in house with weird invaders at night" to "daytime and bodies everywhere and chaos" to "weird facility". The movie looks like it goes places and I can't wait to see how all those aspects connect

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
Math?

The song went platium ages ago. Its been printing money.

When you said decades, I meant that there is no way a song that dropped in '95 (that was only in the Billboard top 10 for a handful of weeks, peaking at 8) AND is not popular outside of our culture is still raking in cash in 2018. Should've clarified.

It just barely went platinum in the US. It only charted for 25 weeks then plummeted off the charts. So yeah they haven't been eating off of that song as well as you believe.

Again, I don't know if it's ignorance or revisionist history but Yukmouth (co-founder) has stated they made most of their money touring that song globally and not from royalties.

This trailer..., and the current paradigm shift in regards to streaming based royalties can change that.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you said decades, I meant that there is no way a song that dropped in '95 (that was only in the Billboard top 10 for a handful of weeks, peaking at 8) AND is not popular outside of our culture is still raking in cash in 2018. Should've clarified.

It just barely went platinum in the US. It only charted for 25 weeks then plummeted off the charts. So yeah they haven't been eating off of that song as well as you believe.

Again, I don't know if it's ignorance or revisionist history but Yukmouth (co-founder) has stated they made most of their money touring that song globally and not from royalties.

This trailer..., and the current paradigm shift in regards to streaming based royalties can change that.
The way you posted you made it sound like the bag was never secured before.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's theories are so off. This is obviously a sequel to Get Out.
Instead of getting new black folks for the brains of rich white people, they just clone the same family over and over and take their brains out instead. The "new" family that shows up is obviously the originals coming to get their lives back but are so damaged from what happened to them they've gone totally insnae.