• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Luinz remix was hard

I was reminded of It Follows and Glass with the cinematography, turns out it's the same DP. That's an upgrade from Get Out.

Lupita, my other wife, is bout to come through

tastybread

Oct 27, 2017
How safe is this to watch spoiler wise? I went into 'Get Out' blind and was damn grateful after watching a trailer afterwards. Shit spoiled so much! :p

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell, that looks good! It looks long, too. I like a horror movie that can (hopefully) sustain its tension across multiple locations and time.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
God damnnnnnn!

I am innnnn

Love how they slowly turned I got five on it into a horror song as the trailer went along. Amazing stuff.

Gestalt

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
Looks awesome, enjoyed Get Out a lot so I'm sure I'll like this one too. And while it seems like it might be a bit on the nose, I thought the same thing about Get Out before seeing it, so I'll give this the benefit of the doubt.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem all that interesting (not really into Horror), but I assume it'll be meatier and funnier than the trailer makes it seem.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Looks good and I'm sure it'll be even better.

Dec 9, 2017
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why did you decide to use Luniz's "I Got 5 On It":
JORDAN PEELE:
That song, it came pretty simple, I'm making a movie in Northern California, that's a bay area hip-hop classic and I wanted to explore this very relatable journey of being a parent [and] maybe some of the songs you listened to back in the day aren't appropriate for your kids. So that was one level, and another part was, I love songs that have a great feeling but also have a haunting element to them and I feel like the beat in that song has this inherent cryptic energy, almost reminiscent of the Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack. So those were the ideas that that song hit the bullseye on for me, and also, it's just a dope track."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I have a theory, the doppelganger are suppose to rep their blackness. That are trying to excape part of themselves

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Looks crazy. You also know there's probably going to be some twist in there too.
With all the rabbits in the trailer, my guess is that the "other" family are
a bunch of messed-up clones of some sort. That's why all those similar looking rabbits are kept in cages. Or maybe it's a social experiment made by aliens or others that clone people and have them kill each other.

Either way, it looks great. Hopefully it's as effective as Get Out, and Jordan Peele doesn't turn into another M. Night-like director who makes a big initial splash, but delivers diminishing returns afterwards.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Not necessarily a jumpscare horror guy, but yeah, this looks hella interesting. Also love the little character parts, the dad baseball bat part is great :D

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I have a theory, the doppelganger are suppose to rep their blackness. That are trying to excape part of themselves
that's honestly a really interesting interpretation.

tbh i'm expecting something a lot more clear cut out of this though.

peele says that the movie isn't neccessarily about race but more how we're our own worst enemies. very much different from get out.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why did you decide to use Luniz's "I Got 5 On It":
JORDAN PEELE:
That song, it came pretty simple, I'm making a movie in Northern California, that's a bay area hip-hop classic and I wanted to explore this very relatable journey of being a parent [and] maybe some of the songs you listened to back in the day aren't appropriate for your kids. So that was one level, and another part was, I love songs that have a great feeling but also have a haunting element to them and I feel like the beat in that song has this inherent cryptic energy, almost reminiscent of the Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack. So those were the ideas that that song hit the bullseye on for me, and also, it's just a dope track."
A lot of West coast hip hop is a remix away from sounding like a horror theme. Hail Mary without the lyrics is unsettling.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
Wow! That looks damn good! Fantastic choice of music as well! Don't know how he made "I got 5 on it" suspenseful but they did!

Looking forward to this!