• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
The statement by the WH reads like it was written by a 5 yr old.

Thousands will die. No one will care. The lives of brown and or Muslims matter not to Trump, US, or even the ME nations themselves.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Turkey bought the s400 system didn't they? What's Putin's view on all of this. Since he's world leader.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
you missed my edit where I said "regardless of the complications that might create in Syria. " I'm not supporting Erdogan's short sighted, sectarian, foolish foreign policy nor I think this will somehow magically solve the problems at all but this narrative of blood thirsty Turks going in to kill innocents Kurds is way off mark if not ill-intetioned as I said. Let me ask you this what should 3.6 million Syrians do, not ever go back?

If Turkey had shown any interest in actually stabilising the situation in Syria i'd be more willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. This isn't Turkey doing a humanitarian mission to help the Syrians to go back home, it's a military invasion.

At best it's going to redirect the flow of refugees somewhere else.

The best way to get Syrians to go back home would be for the fighting to stop. Not adding another faction to the fighting and destabilizing the north too.

I don't think the Turks are bloodthirsty monsters but they are getting directly involved in the war.

Last edited:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If Turkey had shown any interest in actually stabilising the situation in Syria i'd be more willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. This isn't Turkey doing a humanitarian mission to help the Syrian going back home, it's a military invasion.

At best it's going to redirect the flow of refugees somewhere else.

The best way to get Syrians to go back home would be for the fighting to stop. Not adding another faction to the fighting and destabilizing the north too.

But they want to just do a genocide at their border. Doesn't Russia and Syria still control Syria?

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fucking pieces of shit.

Kurds died in droves killing ISIS for the whole world, America's public enemy #1. Kurds were literally the front line in fighting ISIS, now they're being tossed around like they don't matter at all.

And for what? Erdogan? Laughable. How can someone like Erdogan out smart USA on this? Erdogan is a pathetic loser has-been, why even entertain his wants?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Diminishes US standing in the world. (This a goldmine for Syrian Shill twitter.) Increases Syrian dependence on Russia. Its obviously not all upside but I dont think this is a net negative.

Is it wrong to think Trump hopes terrorism will hit the USA again?

Although I can't see Saudi funding it this time around.

Dec 31, 2017
you missed my edit where I said "regardless of the complications that might create in Syria. " I'm not supporting Erdogan's short sighted, sectarian, foolish foreign policy nor I think this will somehow magically solve the problems at all but this narrative of blood thirsty Turks going in to kill innocents Kurds is way off mark if not ill-intetioned as I said. Let me ask you this what should 3.6 million Syrians do, not ever go back?
Gee, I don't know , because your esteemed President persists in threatening to illegally dump them on Greek islands, so they become the EU's problem.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Let's not forget, Erdogan pushed for this war to happen in the first place. Now that he has a cluster fuck in his hands, he's going to literally dump millions of refugees back into Syria? Piece of shit.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of forcing 3.6 million people to relocate in an area they don't want to is by itself awful even before thinking about the war and the displacing/killing of hundred of thousands of Kurds from there.

The fact that this is somehow used as a good excuse by some people says a lot about those people and their lack of empathy.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
So how does this benefit Putin, because you know where Trumps orders come from

lt.dinh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About a quarter million ARVN soldiers ended up in reeducation camps, a lot of them died.
About 800,000 refugees escaped Vietnam by boats, most of them languished for years in refugee camps with little relief from anyone.

I'm happy your parents made it to the US, but America left a whole lot of the people who helped it fight behind, and I don't think we should hand wave that shit, regardless of what's your opinion about what's Trump is doing in Rojava because that was just pure shit.

And again, I'm willing to bet everything that we'll see a replay of that when the US leave Afghanistan.

To contextualize that number, the Vietnamese "boat people" crisis began 3 years after the fall of Saigon and continued to the 90s. The US responded and resettled over 450000. Of course you can criticize the US for not doing enough and being responsible. Though it's likely a similar crisis would have occured if the US didn't intervene after the French surrendered. How Trump is handling this situation isn't comparable to the US response after Vietnam.

nu_faust

Oct 27, 2017
Smt
Let's not forget, Erdogan pushed for this war to happen in the first place. Now that he has a cluster fuck in his hands, he's going to literally dump millions of refugees back into Syria? Piece of shit.
well actually US/Saudi/UAE/Turkish/Western alliance pushed for this war in the first place. Then when the dust settled, everyone realized the only true winners are Russia and Iran, old allies started blaming and fighting each other.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
The next president is going to have to spend half their term doing an apology tour at this rate....

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
This is PKK,

images

this is YPG

See any similarities?

Who is the guy on the banners?

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking he would remain silent, but he might have to respond now with how much traction I'm seeing this tweet gain.
Yeah, he's been responding, more forcefully than expected tbh

Twitter text: I don't know all the details regarding President Trump's decision in northern Syria. In process of setting up phone call with Secretary Pompeo. If press reports are accurate this is a disaster in the making.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is PKK,

images

this is YPG

See any similarities?

But if it's really that simple, why do people complicate it by waiving off comparisons? I mean, if it looks like a duck and quakes like one, then it probably is a duck. I can definitely understand Turkey feeling a big jumpy when PKK offspring and/or sympathizers are weaponizing, organizing, and mobilizing right beyond their borders.

I don't think any other nation would act differently. Just imagine a Mexican well-organized militant group with a history of bombing cities like New York and LA, aiming to reclaim areas like Texas and New Mexico. Based on my limited knowledge, that's how I view this conflict.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This was a guarantee ages ago unfortunately.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey has always cared more about killing Kurds than ISIS. One of the things people don't realize is just how many ISIS fighters Turkey let last through them to even get to Syria. ISIS isn't dead so what do people think will happen once the Kurds have to release all those ISIS prisoners.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Also, Turkey's the last country on the planet which should complain about alleged terrorists on its borders considering they watched as ISIS took over. Turkish soldiers were seriously standing at the border as ISIS swept across, they can frankly go rot in hell.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
After shoving their dick into everything that benefits them and leaving a trail of bloodbath along the way, I hope US can finally look at itself and be like

8ubGFLt.gif

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any other nation would act differently. Just imagine a Mexican well-organized militant group with a history of bombing cities like New York and LA, aiming to reclaim areas like Texas and New Mexico. Based on my limited knowledge, that's how I view this conflict.

Non war crazy nations would.

It would still wouldn't give any rights to US to invade Mexico unless there's a direct military attack from the other side of the border.

Dec 31, 2017
Also, Turkey's the last country on the planet which should complain about alleged terrorists on its borders considering they watched as ISIS took over. Turkish soldiers were seriously standing at the border as ISIS swept across, they can frankly go rot in hell.
Not to mention Turkey were complicit in financing ISIS by brokering their sale of natural resources

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Twitter text: I don't know all the details regarding President Trump's decision in northern Syria. In process of setting up phone call with Secretary Pompeo. If press reports are accurate this is a disaster in the making.

If press reports are accurate? It was a WH statement you idiot.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017

I guess this is one of those rare cases where the decision is *so* bad that even Graham has to pull his head out of Trump's ass for a minute.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that Turkey is in NATO, the US was never going to fight them to protect the kurds.

This is not about US fighting Turkey, it's about US offering security guarantees to the Kurds and making them giving up their defences towards Turkey only to step aside and leave the Kurds being massacred at the first opportunity. Turkey wouldn't attack without the blessing of US.