• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
84MbRq6.jpg

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
Very strange for so much of the world to think the US mishandled COVID, yet is also the country most primed to get the world vaccinated with over 4 billion investment in COVAX. And opening up the vaccine patents as well (as of todayper the Biden admin). Not to mention the 1 billion dollar grant to India to further sure up it's vaccine manufacturer base. Kind of one of those fuck America but just kidding yo America help us out type deals I guess.

I don't really see what is strange about that. I do think the US mishandled COVID despite them contributing towards efforts to help the COVID situation in other countries too, is that contradictory?

And even when doing so, I will put that in the context of the position that the US is in, and any of their efforts that have impacted the pandemic in a negative way. Donating money when being one of the richest countries in the world or starting to share supplies only after they have enough vaccines should not be exempt from critique.

For example, despite billionaires and companies making huge donations towards good causes, I will absolutely criticize them for their actions that negatively impact others, even if they are also doing good things.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Very strange for so much of the world to think the US mishandled COVID, yet is also the country most primed to get the world vaccinated with over 4 billion investment in COVAX. And opening up the vaccine patents as well (as of todayper the Biden admin). Not to mention the 1 billion dollar grant to India to further sure up it's vaccine manufacturer base. Kind of one of those fuck America but just kidding yo America help us out type deals I guess.

Is it really strange when America, the one nation with most resources, hasn't exported any vaccines, is more interested in vaccinating their 20-30 years old than helping neighbors get their 70-80 population done and then padding itself on its back cause "here have some money and patents, produce it yourself"? But posts like these just show that it's working.

"We paid money and you think we bad" is propaganda working as expected.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Lol, I mean sure the US clearly has its problems. The fact it's a poll makes the statistic meaningless.

If the US is a bigger threat then it's only because it has vastly more influence than Russia and China.

RayFoxII

Oct 25, 2017
California
If the US is a bigger threat then it's only because it has vastly more influence than Russia and China.
This was my takeaway from it as well. Of course the US is going to be the biggest threat to democracy when it's the most influential/powerful nation in the world currently. I think I'd be a bit worried if China or Russia was a bigger threat to democracy.

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017
They hate us because they ain't us.
Lol, sure thing. Everyone wants to be American, of course! Christ.
Well the consistency of what the people polled think is handling it well or not.

For instance, 87% of Italians think Italy handled COVID well? Not sure if they had their thinking caps on that day.

It seems pretty fairly obvious that at many particular instances a lot of places mishandled COVID, 1st wave, 2nd wave - potential 3rd waves still to happen as what's predicted in India right now.
If you think the US has handled covid well, I have to wonder if you have your thinking hat on.

All of this is tangent to the real thread: some people can't grasp the fact that outside of the US, many people don't think you are the greatest country in the world, quite the opposite.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
you don't think assassinating Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Fred Hampton (just to name the most prolific examples) and incarcerating all the black political prisoners for decades and trying to frame them such as Assata Shakur and Mumia Abu-Jamal are comparable?
No for a couple reasons mainly something happening today is different than something that happened in the past. But also was it shown that the government assassinated MLK and Malcom X? I've never heard that and would like a source to read about it if so.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.

Prime example of why the rest of the world see the US as a threat...

Ah... And the claim that the US is a democracy... Rly?... When there's a political system of 2 parties?... When the popular vote is overrided by a few hundreds of "representatives"?... Yeah, not buying that.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know if you missed a /s but I hope so. I can assure you that other nations don't hate the usa because they aren't the usa. They however do hate that people in the usa keep spreading that idiotic take while ignoring the fact that the usa has bombed their countries to shit, has murdered innocent people without facing consequences, has played puppet master over coups to install rulers who the usa like as opposed to ones that have been actually elected by the people, has forced countries that refuse to bend the knee to the usa's idea of capitalism at all costs bullshit to be kept out of the global economy and then points to those states as failures without mentioning the big role the usa had in such.

Or how about claiming to be a bastion of human rights and such while ignoring the human rights abuses the usa turns a blind eye to both by themselves and the allies they support. That's both internally in the usa to their own citizens but also at black sites with the "war on terror" bullshit. We literally had an article last week about a person who was sent to a usa blacksite for a bs reason, after years of being there they knew that he wasn't even involved with terror groups but have since kept him there for years more for no reason.

Or how about the fact that usa health corporations have been trying to fuck with other nations when they want to actually put controls in place to stop their bullshit greed on medicines, a recent case being them trying to have trump somehow stop Canada from reforming how it handled drug pricing as if Canada isn't their own sovereign nation.

That's just a few things, but there are a vast number more. So maybe instead of trying to argue somehow that China and russia are worse, and that people in other nations are wrong for viewing the usa as they do, or claiming they only see the usa that way due to jealously, maybe have a look at the country's history and current news outside the pro usa viewpoint and you may see why they feel as they do.

Just to be 100% clear, China and russia are awful in a lot of respects and are a threat to the world in different ways, but the way the usa has acted on the world stage and continues to act is in a lot of ways much more of a threat than people like to think.

Deleted member 2699

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No for a couple reasons mainly something happening today is different than something that happened in the past. But also was it shown that the government assassinated MLK and Malcom X? I've never heard that and would like a source to read about it if so.

Malcolm X's family released a death bed confession from a former NYPD officer who claims they were involved in the assassination earlier this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/02/22/malcolm-x-assassination-letter-nypd-fbi/

Spish!

Oct 27, 2017
No for a couple reasons mainly something happening today is different than something that happened in the past.

From The New Yorker:
"The Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel prepared a lengthy memo justifying that extraordinary step, asserting that while the Fifth Amendment's guarantee of due process applied, it could be satisfied by internal deliberations in the executive branch." In other words, it's due process if the President thinks about it. One wonders how low the standard for "internal deliberations" are—if it might be enough if Obama mulled it over while walking his dog. And if an American whom the President decides is a threat can be assassinated in Yemen, where Awlaki was hit, why not in London, or Toronto, or Los Angeles? (Awlaki's teen-age son, an American citizen who had not been accused of anything, died in a separate strike.)​

www.newyorker.com

The President’s Kill List

What is wrong with the President sitting in a room, looking at lists and portraits of people—a Somali man, a seventeen-year-old girl, an American …

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Very strange of you to think that shoving someone into the ground and then offering a hand to "help" them back up is worthy of praise.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
People are crying about Ukraine, but they completely forget that the US couped Honduras in 2009, attempted to coup Venezuela multiple times, and regularly fucks with Haiti whenever the people vote for a leftist sympathizing liberal to be in power.

Both Russia and the US are bad actors, but let's not forget who has an ungodly high budget to fuck up the world and pro-worker movements, and who has enough to pay their oligarchs.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
People are crying about Ukraine, but they completely forget that the US couped Honduras in 2009, attempted to coup Venezuela multiple times, and regularly fucks with Haiti whenever the people vote for a leftist sympathizing liberal to be in power.

Both Russia and the US are bad actors, but let's not forget who has an ungodly high budget to fuck up the world and pro-worker movements, and who has enough to pay their oligarchs.

Also, if we investigated how modern Russia came to be the gangster capitalist paradise it is today and why Putin is here, then we'll find out that the good ol USA and the financial markets we control really spurred on Russia's disintegration.

old NY Times 1999 article
Historically, drug barons and those who amass mountains of cash have laundered their money through private companies, which are subject to less stringent reporting requirements.​
But in the bull market of the 1990's, authorities say, public companies offer criminals the chance to make even more money by artificially pumping up the stock price and bilking investors.
Mogilevich's move into the North American equity markets began with a company he set up in suburban Philadelphia called YBM Magnex.
Its primary business was the manufacture of industrial magnets at a factory in Hungary and later at a factory the company bought in Kentucky. YBM attracted a blue-ribbon board, its books were audited by two prominent American accounting firms, it issued glossy annual reports and it had its own Web site.
All of this turned out to be sophisticated cover for what was also a vast money-laundering operation, American intelligence and law enforcement officials say. They add that it is far from a unique case and that Russian organized crime, which has acquired devastating power in much of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union in the last decade, has made inroads in America's highly regulated financial markets.​

It's been a full generation since this article and it is worse now than ever. It's the system itself that brought them to existence, and they'll remain in existence as long as the same system exists.

And then with Putin, we have to go back to the 90s and Boris Yeltsin, and how the USA were doing all sorts of oldschool interference to get their boy in power and keep him there. Unfortunately, the USA was so hyped up on "the end of history" era that was the 90s and the victory of free market economics that we weren't paying attention to the fact that our boy Boris was an utter disaster. All that mayhem led directly to Putin at the end of the century after Boris gave him all the power before fucking out of office.

That whole affair kinda bit us in the ass, yeah? It would be cool if we can talk about that, but we never do and then we act surprised when it happens again (see the last 20 years in multiple countries) or when it happens to us...

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
They don't necessarily want to be like us but anybody would be lying if they wish they didn't have certain luxuries like the U.S. And by this I mean mostly light skinned people. We all know minorities have it way worse.
We have our issues, many issues but lets not get carried away with saying things like wishing to live in another country because depending on where, it would be ten times worse. This is why I do not totally condone certain people when they say they support Russia or CDCC views, people who live over there, because you don't know for certain whether they really mean it or being forced to unless they want to end up in a ditch.
People hate us because despite how many people complain about living in the U.S, it is the most free country in the world. We can say and do certain things that many other places wishes they could. We have choices, we can vote, we can let our voices be heard. We are dangerous in that if there aren't people in our country to push back the people who want to abuse the rights we have, we'd be just another Roman or whatever dictatorship, Empire out there. I have many many issues with this country. Trust me, I shit on this country much more than your average person but I would never ever want to go elsewhere.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Also, if we investigated how modern Russia came to be the gangster capitalist paradise it is today and why Putin is here, then we'll find out that the good ol USA and the financial markets we control really spurred on Russia's disintegration.

old NY Times 1999 article
Historically, drug barons and those who amass mountains of cash have laundered their money through private companies, which are subject to less stringent reporting requirements.​
But in the bull market of the 1990's, authorities say, public companies offer criminals the chance to make even more money by artificially pumping up the stock price and bilking investors.
Mogilevich's move into the North American equity markets began with a company he set up in suburban Philadelphia called YBM Magnex.
Its primary business was the manufacture of industrial magnets at a factory in Hungary and later at a factory the company bought in Kentucky. YBM attracted a blue-ribbon board, its books were audited by two prominent American accounting firms, it issued glossy annual reports and it had its own Web site.
All of this turned out to be sophisticated cover for what was also a vast money-laundering operation, American intelligence and law enforcement officials say. They add that it is far from a unique case and that Russian organized crime, which has acquired devastating power in much of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union in the last decade, has made inroads in America's highly regulated financial markets.​

It's been a full generation since this article and it is worse now than ever. It's the system itself that brought them to existence, and they'll remain in existence as long as the same system exists.

And then with Putin, we have to go back to the 90s and Boris Yeltsin, and how the USA were doing all sorts of oldschool interference to get their boy in power and keep him there. Unfortunately, the USA was so hyped up on "the end of history" era that was the 90s and the victory of free market economics that we weren't paying attention to the fact that our boy Boris was an utter disaster. All that mayhem led directly to Putin at the end of the century after Boris gave him all the power before fucking out of office.

That whole affair kinda bit us in the ass, yeah? It would be cool if we can talk about that, but we never do and then we act surprised when it happens again (see the last 20 years in multiple countries) or when it happens to us...

Yeah like the National Endowment for Democracy (literally started out as a CIA front created by Reagan) helped and materially supported Yeltsin. In fact, they helped Yeltsin ban the most popular party in Russia at the time: the Communist Party, from participating in the upcoming elections after nearly 80% of Russian voters agreed to keep the Soviet Union and communism at a 3:1 margin.

The only true threat to global democracy is the US and it's ruling class' interests. Russia, China, etc, are fucking horrible, but they do not come close to the sociopathic interests of the US.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This phrase and the constant use from Americans proves and explains the problem with the country.

There is no "they". There is only "us". In case you haven't noted by the ongoing global pandemic.

There's literally no difference between the american soil/people and the world around them. Nature didn't give you a special border/aureola. Humanity is one, and you fools act like there's you and then "everything else". All the time. Fucking up things for everyone/everything else. You even doing it among yourselves at all times for every reason! (Money, race, ancestry? Height? Is anything beyond Manhattan really New York? What about the fly over states??..)

Grow the fuck up.

Deleted member 62221

Banned
Dec 17, 2019
People hate us because despite how many people complain about living in the U.S, it is the most free country in the world. We can say and do certain things that many other places wishes they could. We have choices, we can vote, we can let our voices be heard.

Are you fucking serious? am I missing clear satire or something? Ok, let's try to dissect this:

- "People hate us" is very reductionist, most people don't live "hating" the US, we just show concern because every minor wrong move of you causes global consequences, you are a bull and the world is a china shop, that doesn't mean we hate you, in fact many people respect americans.

- "it is the most free country in the world." its absolute bs, look at your incarcerations rates, look at the criminalization of drugs, look at the Patriot Act, etc.
You are a fucking first world country, how about you start comparing yourself to other first world countries instead of dictatorships?

Last edited:

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
like i know america has done a lot of bad stuff but we have a democrat in the white house now

Oct 25, 2017
The Soviets liberated Greece from the Nazis and later the US set up a fascist dictatorship. Not surprising.
Eh, other parts of Europe the Soviets liberated are the biggest hardliners against Russia today. Maybe it helps if they never occupied your country, though.
But there have been a few good explanations in this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Oh boy.

Some of us posting in here would do quite well to do some international traveling when you can afford it. Fellow Americans in particular. There is much to learn and you have not learned it, judging by the posts in here.

Deleted member 62221

Banned
Dec 17, 2019
like i know america has done a lot of bad stuff but we have a democrat in the white house now
Ah well, I guess everything is ok then back to brunch haha.
Imperialism is over, guys, CIA blacksites and interventionism are over too (for 4 or 8 years at least). /s

Biden didn't even stop supporting completely Saudi Arabia in Yemen. He may be less interventionist than his predecesors (so far) but it's not "back to brunch" for the rest of the world and we have no assurances that you won't elect another monster in 4 or 8 years (hell some of your people are still willing to rehabilitate Bush Jr).

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Callous and Dismissive Commentary on Imperialistic Foreign Policy, History of Dismissive Posts
Pictured: our decent 90s track record.

Bill Clinton's foreign policy was leaps and bounds better than almost all US foreign policy.

I lament us not following it. It seems Biden is trying to resurrect it.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
If you think the US has handled covid well, I have to wonder if you have your thinking hat on.

I never said it didn't. Learn to read.

Also, according to WION the most polled about that were participants in Russia and China. Not surprised they would overwhelmingly vote US. It was pretty clear aspects about this poll seemed strange and now it's becoming clear as to why.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
The fact that 75% plus of those who responded in this poll in China think "China has the right amount of democracy" just tells you how fucking stupid those who participated in this poll are. And quite frankly, those who blindly fall in to it's results as it being some kind of world democratic dogma.

It's also quite telling that most right-winged international news outlets are the ones reporting on this poll. This story is tracking huge in right winged media outlets here in India, despite the fact that we literally have a Prime Minister right now threating doctors and hospital CEO's not to talk about oxygen shortages and forcing them to underreport COVID deaths and cases. And today literally 400,000+ new cases with almost 5,000 dead. We fucking -wish- we had Americas media, despite all it's faults it still asks semi-tough and relevant questions to their politicians.

Again, with majority of it's respondents being Russian and Chinese. That's like asking Red Sox fans who they hate the most and being surprised Yankees led the poll.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Is it really strange when America, the one nation with most resources, is more interested in vaccinating their 20-30 years old than helping neighbors...

Well, when you consider 500,000+ Americans died from COVID, moreso than any other country - as least going by their 'official' numbers - that no, it is not strange for the Biden Administration to as quickly and aggressively get any and everyone under the sun vaccinated. Even 20 to 30 year olds who yes, can and have died from the virus. This obviously does not make the US the hero for international campaigns to help other world leaders get their people vaccinated, but it's not putting the US in a unique position of criticism outside of other 'wealthy countries' which have actually done less than the US.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
Both China and Russia do a pretty decent job at staying under the radar for most common folks.
do you really think china and russia are that good at staying 'under the radar' or do you think america, the world's largest superpower, has a vested interest in making them seem like someone else is really the biggest threat to world security.

Pretty sure Japan and Germany got some democracy. Eastern bloc... Etc.

Still, it's fair to critique the US, but also it's important to be factual.
japan has been a one party 'democracy' for decades thanks in large part to the US, which consciously declined to prosecute almost any of japan's fascists and imperialists, propped them up as allies in the fight against communism, and outright destroyed any semblance of a real political left in japan in the 60s.

it's fair to critique the US and it's even fairer to have your facts straight when you try to tell others to be 'factual'.

edit: can't forget that just a hop and a skip over to the mainland, the USA made illegal the vaguely socialist korean post-war government (negotiated during colonial japan's retreat), split the country in two in tandem with the USSR, and supported a long lineage of monstrous dictators up until the 1980s. almost like there was an agenda to america's priorities on 'democracy' instead of just good hearted generosity

Last edited:

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The fact that 75% plus of those who responded in this poll in China think "China has the right amount of democracy" just tells you how fucking stupid those who participated in this poll are. And quite frankly, those who blindly fall in to it's results as it being some kind of world democratic dogma.
This report presents an overview of a study conducted by Latana and the Alliance of Democracies in the Spring of 2021, between February 24th and April 14th. The sample of n=53,194 online-connected respondents was drawn across 53 countries, with an average sample size of around 1,000 respondents per country.

"Could I be out of touch and just regurgitating State Department US hegemony"
"No, it must be 53,000 other people who're Russia/China apologists"

Democracy is when you ignore other people's opinions to push the party line, and the more you ignore them, the more democratic it is.

Deleted member 2699

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bill Clinton's foreign policy was leaps and bounds better than almost all US foreign policy.

"Bill Clinton killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis for no good reason."

"What a great time. We need to bring back Clinton foreign policy."

It's also quite telling that most right-winged international news outlets are the ones reporting on this poll.

Again, with majority of it's respondents being Russian and Chinese. That's like asking Red Sox fans who they hate the most and being surprised Yankees led the poll.

This is cope bro.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas

This is cope bro.

Oh wait it's 'ignore' not block. Did they change that?

Also a bit alarming how little people know about China's belt road initiative. And how much they are willing to disrupt the Asian specific.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is cope bro.

Clinton did not

A) kill 100s of thousands of innocent Iraqis
B)Bomb without reason. The bombing of Iraq in 1998 was due to non UN compliance and was only on 14 targets. Not saying I agree with the airstrikes, only that they were not drone strikes on weddings. Those strikes reportedly only hit 2000 people. Not 100 thousands. No deaths would be better but hardly the level of foreign policy "bomb them to the Stone age" Bush policy we love to hate.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Also, according to WION the most polled about that were participants in Russia and China. Not surprised they would overwhelmingly vote US. It was pretty clear aspects about this poll seemed strange and now it's becoming clear as to why.
I am not sure who WION is, but you should stop using them as a source of information.
First, the poll question asks "Do you agree or disagree with the following statements? 'Democracy in my country is threatened by ...'" How many Russians responded would not affect the results of, say, the UK because it is about the respondent's country specifically.

Second, the poll discloses its participants per country. Most countries had about 1000 respondents, with the lowest number from a country being more than 700. The total respondents is about 53,000. You can find the the country by country details this way:

The Guardian article is linked in post #1, found here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/05/us-threat-democracy-russia-china-global-poll
The same news is reported in The Independent, here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/us-russia-china-democracy-world-b1843311.html
The Independent article has a link to the actual poll summary by Latana. Post #9 in this forum gives us a link to download it without having to give your email: https://f.hubspotusercontent00.net/hubfs/7049607/The Democracy Perception Index 2021.pdf
The methodology section gives the number of respondents in total and broken down per country. The Google sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EkSvI_esUMVVtOTjUcCI5XJfpE/edit#gid=961476025

Incidentally, the Google sheet shows the results for a couple of countries whose graph obscures results. Norway thinks the US (38%) is more threatening than China and Russia (26%), while Indonesia thinks the US and China (41%) are more threatening than Russian (22%).

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah so what was better?

Perhaps Eisenhower's domino theory?

Maybe it was Nixon's expanding the war in Vietnam and purposefully sabotaging peace talks to win elections?

Or maybe Regan's installing fascist dictators everywhere?

Maybe Bush bombing everyone?

Obama did do some drone strikes and whatnot.

Maybe it was Trump lavishing authoritarians and trying to start yet another endless war with Iran?

I guess Carter was ok.

You tell me. I personally don't mind a mission goal of humanitarian aid and stopping genocides but hey. I'm old fashioned. I hate genocide.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The United States are the bull dogs of global Capitalism which is inextricably linked to imperialism and global hegemony, the US is of course the biggest threat as proven by the past 100 years of history.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently so is lamenting that we couldn't do it more when someone points to the death of an innocent person caused by a Clinton missile strike
You are being purposefully obtuse if you think I'm celebrating that.

Willfully ignorant if you think stopping genocide means zero collateral damage will occur. Doesn't mean I like it or don't try to avoid it.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
They don't necessarily want to be like us but anybody would be lying if they wish they didn't have certain luxuries like the U.S. And by this I mean mostly light skinned people. We all know minorities have it way worse.
We have our issues, many issues but lets not get carried away with saying things like wishing to live in another country because depending on where, it would be ten times worse. This is why I do not totally condone certain people when they say they support Russia or CDCC views, people who live over there, because you don't know for certain whether they really mean it or being forced to unless they want to end up in a ditch.
People hate us because despite how many people complain about living in the U.S, it is the most free country in the world. We can say and do certain things that many other places wishes they could. We have choices, we can vote, we can let our voices be heard. We are dangerous in that if there aren't people in our country to push back the people who want to abuse the rights we have, we'd be just another Roman or whatever dictatorship, Empire out there. I have many many issues with this country. Trust me, I shit on this country much more than your average person but I would never ever want to go elsewhere.

Oh yeah, they hate us because of how free we are, except we ranked 23rd in "most free" country. The world hates all these other free countries more so than the US right?

We are that person that tells ourselves a lie that we are the greatest until we actually believe it.

Deleted member 62221

Banned
Dec 17, 2019

What was so special about Clinton's foreign policy? I don't mean the results, clearly the results were better than for example Bush Jr. or Obama but was that thanks to different methods or he just had the luck to deal with more "solvable" conflicts? because if that's the case there's no guarantee that Biden trying to emulate his style will net the same results.

EDIT: shit I forgot about Rwanda.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Ah so what was better?

Perhaps Eisenhower's domino theory?

Maybe it was Nixon's expanding the war in Vietnam and purposefully sabotaging peace talks to win elections?

Or maybe Regan's installing fascist dictators everywhere?

Maybe Bush bombing everyone?

Obama did do some drone strikes and whatnot.

Maybe it was Trump lavishing authoritarians and trying to start yet another endless war with Iran?

I guess Carter was ok.

You tell me. I personally don't mind a mission goal of humanitarian aid and stopping genocides but hey. I'm old fashioned. I hate genocide.
What you dont seem to understand is that Clintons posture is really no different from Bush Sr's posture. Viewed Saadam as threat, launched missiles at cities multiple times, kept sanctions in place, Viewed Iran as a threat to peace in the middle east and inposed sanctions on them and called them a state that harbors terrorists. Almost no different from Bush Sr and Bush sr did intervene for humanitarian reasons but you don't give him credit for that but want to give Clinton credit even though he ignored Rwanda.