• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, this is going to be a huge galvanizing force. This completely changes my outlook going into midterms. I think Dems stand a much better chance of holding both chambers. A majority of independents support Roe.

Conservatives getting greedy and really leaning into these social issues is a fuck around and find out election waiting to happen.
I kinda agree. It's not a slam dunk, but I think it does galvanize voters who may normally sit the midterms out. I think it helps Dems in their own version of using culture war politics (except this isn't ginned up CRT hysteria, it's people justifiably angry). I think republicans underestimate how popular abortion access is.

I also think it's a wakeup call. A lot of people simply didn't think it would ever happen.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Mandel is a genuine monster.
He runs an ad that says:
"Black Lives Matter
… are the real racists, not us"

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Vance the dude who used to criticize Trump years ago and then had to come groveling back like a pathetic bootlicker? Or was that Mandel?

No, that was Vance.

Who was basically an afterthought until he was endorsed by Trump a few weeks ago.

Now he can actually win this election. He was trailing by double digits.

I still can't fucking believe how powerful Trump is. He truly is their God.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Don't know if Vance is the best candidate tbh.

He's probably the most presentable I guess, certainly has less of the sweaty all the time look Mandel rocks.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are overlooking the significance of Vance winning.

This once again proves Trumps support is extremely beneficial. Vance went from 8% to 26% and now winning almost overnight.

Vance is a scary mother fucker with deep ties to Thiel and Musk and is another breed of the libertarians encroaching on the MAGA crowd which powers money with stupidity and racism.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's fair to be concerned about other privacy-related issues (I know I am), but the opinion literally states:

"And to ensure that our decision is not misunderstood or mischaracterized, we emphasize that our decision concerns the constitutional right to abortion and no other right. Nothing in this opinion should be understood to cast doubt on precedents that do not concern abortion."

They are dog whistling. There are like a dozen cases mentioned in that opinion saying they aren't historical rights. They want cases on those brought to the SC to overturn them.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Why? I know nothing about any of these ghouls aside from J.D. Vance having the worst takes on Twitter and being endorsed by the Big Loser.
I feel like Mandel is a nutcase and would fare worse than Vance in the general. Vance is smarter, that alone makes him dangerous.

I think people are overlooking the significance of Vance winning.

This once again proves Trumps support is extremely beneficial. Vance went from 8% to 26% and now winning almost overnight.
He was down almost 20 points in the polls a few weeks ago!

Trump literally won him the race. That's insane to me... After all that has happened.

Issue with polls for Ohio Senate Primary was all the polls had massive undecideds north of 20%+ (a good amount in the high 30% to 40%) for most of the race.

Ohio also keeps its current SoS pretty easily

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Again I'm not saying I'm right Jesse...but it seems odd that people who like the status quo won't react to Alito's extreme "ZERO ABORTIONS".

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if the continued focus on the leak is a smart strategy. I mean, it comes off as insensitive given the topic at hand.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the continued focus on the leak is a smart strategy. I mean, it comes off as insensitive given the topic at hand.

They won't give a shit about the leak in a few months... Particularly if the investigation proves it was leaked by a Republican Justice's staffer.

But losing abortion rights? That sting isn't going anywhere. When this is made official in a few months, the pain will be brought back to the surface again.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
Do you think there will be an United States in 25 - 50 years? Take away the idea of climate change and if we will still be alive and let's say life continues the same way.
Or will it just be a bunch of Soviet/Eastern Europe states that just have their own governments?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I was reading this thread

And it made me wonder, why is Texas the launching pad for these initiatives? Is the fact that Texas trending blue trying to force Liberals to leave the state and reverse the inevitable? I mean technically if Texas were to ever flip Blue (which would be 2028 at the earliest) in the current map, Republicans have no paths forward at the Electoral level. Austin, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio are growing likely crazy... are these stunts trying to force Democrats out?
Texas has been the starting point of a lot of initiatives such as the Delaymander starting the current trend of gerrymandering. The state's a test run to try and find ways to stay in power in a state that's trending blue, matching their efforts in the country. If Republicans can keep Texas in line, they can do the same for the rest of the country. It also has a lot of moneyed interests such as lobbyists and oil tycoons that would be very displeased if Republicans lose.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I was reading this thread

And it made me wonder, why is Texas the launching pad for these initiatives? Is the fact that Texas trending blue trying to force Liberals to leave the state and reverse the inevitable? I mean technically if Texas were to ever flip Blue (which would be 2028 at the earliest) in the current map, Republicans have no paths forward at the Electoral level. Austin, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio are growing likely crazy... are these stunts trying to force Democrats out?

Folks from out of state moving here are largely Conservative or will vote Conservative. Ted Cruz won due to folks who moved here rather than Texans already here.

The GOP have a path forward especially in South Texas if Dems continue to not have any urgency here.

Again I'm not saying I'm right Jesse...but it seems odd that people who like the status quo won't react to Alito's extreme "ZERO ABORTIONS".

Reading through the thread, I imagine the party not even backing the GOP candidate but a write-in one instead is a good part of the reason.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Folks from out of state moving here are largely Conservative or will vote Conservative. Ted Cruz won due to folks who moved here rather than Texans already here.

The GOP have a path forward especially in South Texas if Dems continue to not have any urgency here.

The pandemic most certainly didn't not force republicans in California to move. You had rich urbanites fleeing for cheaper areas to be remote and pay less taxes. Cruz was 4 years ago. Lot had changed.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
The pandemic most certainly didn't not force republicans in California to move. You had rich urbanites fleeing for cheaper areas to be remote and pay less taxes. Cruz was 4 years ago. Lot had changed.

Rich urbanites can still be Conservative. I'm not saying everyone moving here is but a huge portion are. I know Cruz was 4 years ago. The cities haven't stopped growing. Abbott has said a few times that internal polling shows transplants are more Conservative than Liberal.

South Texas is sliding rightward. That's changed as well. It's a stronghold that the Dems may lose here.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
It's fair to be concerned about other privacy-related issues (I know I am), but the opinion literally states:

"And to ensure that our decision is not misunderstood or mischaracterized, we emphasize that our decision concerns the constitutional right to abortion and no other right. Nothing in this opinion should be understood to cast doubt on precedents that do not concern abortion."

They can't actually enforce that statement at all though, it's not binding in any way. A future Court could happily ignore it with a stroke of a pen.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
FR2AEw0XEAE5agW

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Since 1994, 59 countries have expanded abortion rights. Only 5 have moved backward:

Poland
Nicaragua
El Salvador
Honduras
United States

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017

I think more than anything else in the last year and a half, I've really started to truly understand the points from the second tweet here.
Feel like I need to go relearn U.S. history from a viewpoint beyond "textbooks used in middle-class suburbs".

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think there will be an United States in 25 - 50 years? Take away the idea of climate change and if we will still be alive and let's say life continues the same way.
Or will it just be a bunch of Soviet/Eastern Europe states that just have their own governments?

I don't think so. The American "empire" has been in slow collapse for a very long time. External issues as well as internal issues will expand the have/have not dichotomy and will lead to major flashpoints. I can totally see the climate crisis normalizing far-right positions of "let them die" when disasters happen. They're starting internationally with their more open objections to supporting Ukraine, and that's just on war, their favorite pastime to fund and defend.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Rich urbanites can still be Conservative. I'm not saying everyone moving here is but a huge portion are. I know Cruz was 4 years ago. The cities haven't stopped growing. Abbott has said a few times that internal polling shows transplants are more Conservative than Liberal.

South Texas is sliding rightward. That's changed as well. It's a stronghold that the Dems may lose here.

Unfortunately, you're correct. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better in Texas. Abbott is gonna likely win over Beto, just based on the latest polls.

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States

Is showing me tweets from brain rotted liberals supposed to be an argument for something or what? I've voted and will continue to (spitefully) but the fact that we aren't doing shit despite controlling the other two branches of gov't that can absolutey stop an overturning of Roe v Wade is beyond pathetic.

When the Dems lose these midterms and the White House again over the next two years it will be their failure, not the people they've fucking failed again and again.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is showing me tweets from brain rotted liberals supposed to be an argument for something or what? I've voted and will continue to (spitefully) but the fact that we aren't doing shit despite controlling the other two branches of gov't that can absolutey stop an overturning of Roe v Wade is beyond pathetic.

When the Dems lose these midterms and the White House again over the next two years it will be their failure, not the people they've fucking failed again and again.
The fact that you are taking your time to attack the only ones trying to fight this off instead of the monsters doing the actions that are causing harm is quite telling yes.

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States
The fact that you are taking your time to attack the only ones trying to fight this off instead of the monsters doing the actions that are causing harm is quite telling yes.

Criticizing the people that I put into power for not keeping their promises makes me just like the monsters I trusted them to fight???

f92

And as for then "fighting" it, they aren't! Dems & dumbass liberals response has been "just vote harder":

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Criticizing the people that I put into power for not keeping their promises makes me just like the monsters I trusted them to fight???

f92
I'd say you have a very unrealistic view of our government if you thought a 50 seat majority in the senate gave us cart blanche to fix everything. Let alone the ability to overcome the court.

Iron_Maw

Banned
Nov 4, 2021

Pretending Dems aren't fixing things or whining they aren't doing fast enough for you to personally benefit wholesale from them because they barely have numbers to do so in the government is neither arguement for facisim or pushing the vulnerable into regressive polices. If not for Dems and people who voted for them to get things like Social Security, ACA, Civil Rights, Covid Aid etc this US would have been gone decades nor would women and minority rights be a thing and millions would dead or worse. I'm tried of this crap from who in reality care so little for the issues they want they can't be bother to pay attention on how their government works and what they are doing to address their constituents but expect to act like Door Dash.

R voters are the group that actually don't get anything from their party because their ideals are based bitterness, hate and getting in a way of Ds. People like you are ones happily letting succeed in that because not everything the Dems work benefits you.

Women are about get their rights put on the chopping block after they warned voters about Trump in 2016 and people like you didn't bother to show mid-terms 2012 after ACA passed so he could his SC pick on the bench to prevent this nonsense. Biden at this point has done protect to them ever did so please spare me the dumb memes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.