• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

If you are in the group that doesn't think they will try to overturn gay marriage, you probably should take a look at what is happening.

Last edited:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Rahm getting a position in this administration is shit.

Speaking of shit...

Boy, just....nothing is going well right now.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
There is no chance that America will not be filled with irredeemable trash within my lifetime.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
We all knew republicans would eventually get to the "tank the economy to own the libz" point because Biden, in general, has been pretty Teflon when it comes to negative public perception. Don't forget that Trump is still behind the scenes pressing republicans to kill any infrastructure/reconciliation bills.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'll be happier when McConnell dies vs Trump
bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

McConnell has declared that Senate Republicans will not vote to increase the Treasury's authority to continue borrowing, which is the same as voting to allow a default. As he has done before, McConnell has essentially created a new rule out of whole cloth to justify his actions.
"Let me make it perfectly clear. The country must never default. The debt ceiling will need to be raised. But who does that depends on who the American people elect," McConnell told Punchbowl News on Tuesday, acknowledging he will vote for a policy outcome he says he doesn't want to occur.
Because Democrats control the White House and both branches of Congress, his argument goes, they alone are responsible for safeguarding the government's creditworthiness and preventing a potential economic calamity.
No such rule exists, nor has it ever.
In fact, almost every time the debt ceiling has been lifted, it has been done in bipartisan fashion under the regular Senate order that requires at least 60 votes to end debate on the legislation.
------------------
McConnell says he doesn't want to breach the debt limit. He just wants to keep GOP hands clean of all this new spending in advance of the 2022 midterm elections.
Senate Republicans are so united behind McConnell that even their most centrist cohorts are holding back support for the Democratic plan to pass a new suspension of the debt limit tagged on to a bill to keep federal agencies functioning past the Sept. 30 deadline.
"The Democrats have added enormous amounts of debt, including the $1.9 trillion package, now $3.5 trillion on top of that, so they bear the responsibility for increasing the debt limit," Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) told reporters this week.
Collins's remark mischaracterizes the debt limit and ignores her own votes for policies that did or would increase the debt during both the Trump and Biden administrations. The debt limit only applies to paying for the expenses of policies already enacted, not to legislative proposals that have not been signed into law. Even if it did, Collins voted in August for a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill that would add to the government's debt, a point she has not made in defending her plan to vote to allow a default.

Trash all around.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
^ So what can be done about this?

I certainly don't trust the media to correctly blame the GOP for this. They seem desperate to perpetuate a negative spiral for Biden.

Jceaz

Oct 30, 2017
Can they filibuster the debt limit? Kinda hard to argue we should allow the country to default rather than get rid of the filibuster.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I completely forgot. Today is the chud rally at DC!

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
^ So what can be done about this?

I certainly don't trust the media to correctly blame the GOP for this. They seem desperate to perpetuate a negative spiral for Biden.
Manchin and Sinema could decide to eliminate the fillibuster. Although at this rate, I expect them to hem and haw about that too to make it as toothless as possible.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

MAGA chuds embracing Nicki Minaj. They always complain about the hOlLywOOd eLitEs, but the second one of them signals support for right wing bs suddenly they love celebrities.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017

MAGA chuds embracing Nicki Minaj. They always complain about the hOlLywOOd eLitEs, but the second one of them signals support for right wing bs suddenly they love celebrities.

I can confirm from living there during the Trump years that, I am not surprised in the least. It's scary how all of these people flying the Nicki flag are young.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Schumer should either put raising the debt ceiling into its own vote, to force Manchin and Sinema to agree to a filibuster rules change, or he should tuck it into a $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill and force them to vote against it.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017

I can confirm from living there during the Trump years that, I am not surprised in the least. It's scary how all of these people flying the Nicki flag are young.

This is why I live in constant fear that we are just one 'culture war' topic away from losing a big chuck of young people to the republican party. Republicans have made the vaccine into a culture war issue and basically made themselves to be 'anti-establishment' over not just a dumb issue that shouldn't be an issue in the first place but also one with deadly consequences.

Republicans dont care about people or even 'freedoms' but they are good at creating problems that they alone can fix and by fix I mean make even worse. And it is definitely sad to see young people fall victims to republican propaganda.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
This is why I live in constant fear that we are just one 'culture war' topic away from losing a big chuck of young people to the republican party. Republicans have made the vaccine into a culture war issue and basically made themselves to be 'anti-establishment' over not just a dumb issue that shouldn't be an issue in the first place but also one with deadly consequences.

Republicans dont care about people or even 'freedoms' but they are good at creating problems that they alone can fix and by fix I mean make even worse. And it is definitely sad to see young people fall victims to republican propaganda.

If you spend any time in rural areas, this is what you see 100% of the time. These kids echo their parents. Anyone who says the Republican party mindset will eventually disappear is naive because it is constantly being replenished by rural youth.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you spend any time in rural areas, this is what you see 100% of the time. These kids echo their parents. Anyone who says the Republican party mindset will eventually disappear is naive because it is constantly being replenished by rural youth.
In fairness it is dying off because the rural population is dying off.

Each year there are less people there to pollute their minds with.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
It's crazy how the Republican network works.. who are the people behind the scenes making these Nikki Minaj flags and shipping them everywhere? They do the same thing with every social media topic. First it is a small rally with 20 people, then it gets pushed out everywhere and it's a cult following.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but the rural population is shrinking over time. The kids mimic their parents (mostly), but with each generation there's fewer rural parents.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
There are plenty of places that have reasonably high population densities and have the cultural cachet to bring conservative issues to the forefront. Florida, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Tennessee come to mind. And then there are states that are so conservative, many small cities follow suit -- such as Oklahoma and Indiana.

Wilson County in Tennessee has doubled it's population since 2000 but has gone from R+7 to R+38.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
There are plenty of places that have reasonably high population densities and have the cultural cachet to bring conservative issues to the forefront. Florida, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Tennessee come to mind. And then there are states that are so conservative, many small cities follow suit -- such as Oklahoma and Indiana.

Wilson County in Tennessee has doubled it's population since 2000 but has gone from R+7 to R+38.
Not really no.

The suburbs are getting bluer.

Interesting. So are we more just headed to a polarized blue state/red state scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.